Everything quantum!!!!!!

Hey all, I just saw on one of the Quantum FB sites that the Anthem of the Seas is going to Florida. Supposedly this person said he had met with RCI (who I don't know?) and they told him this fact. Hmmmm wondering how true this little tidbit of information is??? :rolleyes:

Annefran- Which site did you see this info, if you don't mind sharing?

We are anxiously awaiting the summer 2015 bookings to open. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary the first week of June that year and will be booking b2b cruises to celebrate... one week on the Allure eastern itinerary followed by (or preceeding depending on how the schedules fall) the 5 day Quantum Bermuda itinerary at the end of May.

I've already poured over hours of youtube videos & tripadvisor reviews & have all of our excursions picked out... how's that for early planning :p

While everyone else is celebrating their anniversaries, I may be celebrating a graduation in 2015 if we book it! :D

As for the rumor of Anthem going out of Florida, I bet that's true. It seems like every line always has at least one of their newest ships leave out of a Florida port since they are extremely popular and the new ships have high demand for them. Now we just have to figure out which port! :p

We are anxiously awaiting the summer 2015 bookings to open. We will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary the first week of June that year and will be booking b2b cruises to celebrate... one week on the Allure eastern itinerary followed by (or preceeding depending on how the schedules fall) the 5 day Quantum Bermuda itinerary at the end of May.

I've already poured over hours of youtube videos & tripadvisor reviews & have all of our excursions picked out... how's that for early planning :p

A man after my own heart!!! I've been doing similar and have Samana planned already with the zip lining!!! I also have ppl I work with heading to PR for vacations and told them to come back and bring me stuff on San Juan because we've never been there!! Sux though we are only there for 4-11pm. :mad:

Annefran- Which site did you see this info, if you don't mind sharing?

I cannot share the link with you because it's a Facebook Quantum of the Seas group. If you are on Facebook you should be able to find the group. ;)

A man after my own heart!!! I've been doing similar and have Samana planned already with the zip lining!!! I also have ppl I work with heading to PR for vacations and told them to come back and bring me stuff on San Juan because we've never been there!! Sux though we are only there for 4-11pm. :mad:

LOL! The "man" portion of this couple is NOT a planner and will ask me on the way to the pier... "So, what are we doing on this trip anyway". So, I guess I'm a "woman" with a similar heart as you :D

Yup. It's all picked out. We're in our mid-40's and very young at heart. We are adventurists and tend to stay with those types of excursions, so this is what we've got selected (now if the blasted dates would open up, I could book the cruises AND officially sign up for my excursions).

BERMUDA (2 days in port)

1. (non-RCCL excursion) Jet Skis with Sommerset Sports in the morning (day 1): 75 minute jet ski tour

2. (non-RCCL excursion) Horseback Trail Ride with Mike Watson in the afternoon (day 1): couple hour trail ride NOT the typical nose-to-tail ride

3. (non-RCCL excursion) Boston Whaler Boat Rental with H2O water sports (day 2): 5 hours in your own 15 foot catamaran hulled boat to snorkel, stop at deserted islands, sight-see

BAHAMAS:

1. (RCCL excursion) Sail Nassau: Yacht racing (we're skipping the overcrowded tourist trap of Atlantis)

ST. MARTEEN:

1. (non-RCCL excursion) Soualiga Destinations: Speed boat tour, snorkel, lunch, beach stop & sightseeing

ST. JOHN:

1. (non-RCCL excursion) Jetriders: jet pack with water, shoot 25 feet in the air and "superman" over the waves

While everyone else is celebrating their anniversaries, I may be celebrating a graduation in 2015 if we book it! :D

As for the rumor of Anthem going out of Florida, I bet that's true. It seems like every line always has at least one of their newest ships leave out of a Florida port since they are extremely popular and the new ships have high demand for them. Now we just have to figure out which port! :p

Seems unlikely considering both oasis class ships ended up at the same port

I admit I haven't had a chance to make it all the way through this thread.

I am just starting to look into the Quantum. I originally thought it would be way too expensive to consider but since I'm not looking at a cruise until 2015, I should be able to save for it.

Just wondering.. I am hoping to go to Bermuda in the summer of 2015. Will the Quantum be taking over the Bermuda sailings since it is the new Cape Liberty ship?

Thanks!

I've heard either Port Canaveral or Norfolk, Va. Only time will tell.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I would LOVE to go out of Port Canaveral. I like being able to do a few days at Disney anytime I'm in FL but DH refuses to do DCL again or Carnival so the more options in PC the better.

I admit I haven't had a chance to make it all the way through this thread.

I am just starting to look into the Quantum. I originally thought it would be way too expensive to consider but since I'm not looking at a cruise until 2015, I should be able to save for it.

Just wondering.. I am hoping to go to Bermuda in the summer of 2015. Will the Quantum be taking over the Bermuda sailings since it is the new Cape Liberty ship?

Thanks!

The rumor is that it will take over for the Explorer's Bermuda itinerary and the St. Marteen port schedule lists the Quantum for the summer 2015 season as an exact timing replacement for the EOS, so it seems they will be doing a 5 day to bermuda Sat - Thurs followed by a 9 day Bermuda/Eastern from Thurs - Sat. At least that's where every clue points.

One thing I just noticed is there is a real lack of outdoor space. The only area seems to be around the pool area. There does not seem to be quiet area to take a nap or read a book outside

f02bc70422cb4ae1a41fa66cd3569bca.png

Edited by shaun07

I'm trying to figure out which ship for our next cruise. One thing I've heard about Oasis and Allure is that unless you go up to the very top, or have a balcony, there's not any room to just stand at the side and watch the ocean. That's something we loved. From the very top of a tall ship, you won't see most of the marine life we saw. It looks to me like there's now a deck that is open around the entire ship under the lifeboats....does that look right? That would be where the deck was on our Disney cruise. If that is in fact an open deck to stand at I might be booking this cruise. If that's just where the lifeboats are and you CAN'T stand there, I'll probably pick a different ship. There's just so many to choose from!!

One thing I just noticed is there is a real lack of outdoor space. The only area seems to be around the pool area. There does not seem to be quiet area to take a nap or read a book outside

f02bc70422cb4ae1a41fa66cd3569bca.png

I want to say this is because these ships are designed for colder climates. Hence being out of New Jersey. And on top of that just in time for winter. But the Solarium should suit your needs of kicking back and reading a book or taking a nap.

I see them as a new "Radiance" class essentially. Though I don't think the Quantum class is designed with the sea being as big a focal point as with the Radiance Class.

I'm trying to figure out which ship for our next cruise. One thing I've heard about Oasis and Allure is that unless you go up to the very top, or have a balcony, there's not any room to just stand at the side and watch the ocean. That's something we loved. From the very top of a tall ship, you won't see most of the marine life we saw. It looks to me like there's now a deck that is open around the entire ship under the lifeboats....does that look right? That would be where the deck was on our Disney cruise. If that is in fact an open deck to stand at I might be booking this cruise. If that's just where the lifeboats are and you CAN'T stand there, I'll probably pick a different ship. There's just so many to choose from!!

Ya pretty much. Due to the unique shape and size of oasis and allure the running track , which is what you would consider the level you would look over to see the water is pretty covered. Unless you go to the rear of the ship.

Regarding Two70, here's information from 5+ Designs and they have more renderings in the Image Gallery for the project:

Quantum of the Seas, the first of Royal Caribbean Cruises’ new Quantum series of ships, represents the next chapter in 5+design’s successful partnership with the travel company. For this vessel, scheduled to launch in 2014, 5+design has designed Two70°, a unique multifunctional indoor entertainment space in the form of a glass-enclosed great room with elliptically terraced seating, a restaurant, a bar and a library. By day, the three-deck-tall room at the rear of the ship will serve as a gathering spot where guests can enjoy meals, games, reading and lounging while surrounded by a 270-degree view of the water outside the window walls. By night, the room will morph into an exciting venue for parties, dancing and performances featuring actors, musicians or aerialists – all against a backdrop of digital projections that bring breathtaking outdoor scenes indoors.

5+design has conceived Two70° by maximizing the versatility of both its architecture and décor. Intimate conversation areas for couples, families and small groups will be laid out within the larger space. The stage, bandstands and dance floor will be movable so sets can be reconfigured for different productions. Lighting and audio speakers will be embedded in walls, floors and the ceiling to provide an immersive sensory experience. Multipurpose furniture and accessories will include seating that is equally comfortable for dining, lounging and theater viewing, room dividers that can be lowered into the floor and chandeliers that can be raised above sight lines.

http://www.5plusdesign.com/projects/?p=1208

Here's another article on Two70 - http://www.wallaceimmen.com/royal-caribbeans-quantum-leap-its-new-ship-becomes-a-transformer/

I was searching for an article I read a few weeks ago where someone from 5+ Designs mentioned that passengers will feel "more connected" with the ports that they're visiting, which could be interpreted to mean that what's shown could transform to where you are in the world. In the second article, I like how Two70 is described as helping passengers feel more connected to the sea, and with the almost lack of a promenade (I know there's a debate on another thread), this would be cool room be able to see the sea...