Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

[quote name='Bentley5700']Two questions:

Are there electric outlets in the bathrooms, and

Are they posting menus for the MDRs?[/QUOTE]

Other than the shaver outlet, I've never seen another one in any bathroom on any ship.

Has anyone had first hand knowledge of the following or seen posts pertaining to the following:

Specific questions:

1. On the Royal, are they allowing it to be booked for the entire cruise?

2. Is there a mad rush to it upon embarking to book for the week?

3. What is the rate for the week? An earlier post said $20 a day if booked for the week, Is this accurate?

4. Is availability on a daily basis easy, or do you have to be there upon opening, as is the case on other Princess ships?

5. Is the retreat pool, and loungers filled? Are the cabanas being booked solid or are they vacant?

Thanks,
Steve

Elevators shutting Very, very quickly...like a snapping turtle!
The 10$ shopping in the dining room was this morning. I always pick up one or two watches for work....I am a school nurse so I love the ones with large digital display of time and seconds- and love changing up the colors I wear.
Not only did the Internet Manager not know yesterday how to access the INTRANET, today his tough luck attitude over our minutes lost because we could not get logged off from our room was really irritating... "Your room must have poor wifi access" I couldn't log out!
Lesson learned this cruise to just hang near Internet Cafe...to log on.
I cannot believe an Internet manager of a brand new ship did not know to simply say...go to royal.princess.com..
This is a simply beautiful ship. We are just really enjoying all the discovery.
We got our formal portraits, had a relaxing yummy dinner with new friends. Got my NY Cheesecake fix tonight.
Lots of people dressed for formal night. i noticed a lot of suits, not a lot of tuxes. Got to see premiere of new show....Sweet Soul Music... The theatre and production was quite enjoyable but at least one song... Mountain High (not sure the name of the exact song) was used in previous a Princess production. Singers and dancers were really good.
It still had seats at show time.
We are now in the Princess live studio, 9pm waiting for the comedian Carlos Oscar's 9:30 show. It filled up super quickly! Should have had a bigger venue, but should make for a great show. We have seats, but many are standing.
BTW, Service in the Symphony dining room is consistently excellent.
Starting the show early!!! Woo hoo...more later ish!
Back to bellinis. 11PM, tucked in the room. 6 am wake up call, 9 AM arrival, booked Private Greece tours again with same driver. Had a great day with Alex last year ( thanks to Pam's recommendation)...again i am typing under Bellini influence. TV just had to be rebooted to work properly.
bTW, no more platters in buffet, or anywhere else like the pizza...only circular plates.
On the Ruby, I liked having trash receptacle on door for when u used paper towel to open door... Not on Royal. I do like the wash hands stations in buffet area.
Have not made it to exercise yet. The calories are WINNING..
.a couple was sad over fact of no full walk around promenade, I do miss it... The walking track isn't quite enough. The only benefit is no smoking near the track whereas promenade had the gauntlet of smoke to walk thru on one side and the stairs up and down were not ideal either....a plus.
Normally, I love to sit and read on my balcony- haven't yet, using that time to type some live thoughts for CC.
Good news tonight. A CC member without luggage had her stuff found! It had never left the airport. If all goes well, it should get to her in Athens tomorrow.
I wish there was a shallow drawer under desk.
A little shelf at back of desk would work too.
Hair dryer is JUST a tad better than on CB & Ruby.
Really dislike the wiring thru drawer and u have to pull it over to mirror and are unable to get close to the mirror. Still not impacting my vacation, just sharing thoughts of how it could be better.
Also cooling unit needs to have closet covering door left open for it to get decently cold. They should have put vent holes on the wall to prevent the cabinet heat build up.
I wear glasses for distance. As I am typing in bed, I am able to see TV screen super clearly without glasses.
Btw, the photos in the hallways by passengers are really wonderful. Great idea! Really nicely executed also. I almost want to walk the decks to see them all.
Good night!
PS, you know you are a cruise addict when you post a live from... Or book a cruise over a year out....when you are already booked on a cruise..
GUILTY & pleased as punch about it.
Up at 6 for my coffee and a little beignet. Wish the dining room had a small serving option.....sometimes it is too much food portion. Gonna have to roll me off the ship in Barcelona. Amazing to see just one other passenger awake and about. The elevators are not closing super quickly this morning....odd...I missed those center stairs again cause I forgot my coffee card and had to go back to get it....it's so cool on the balcony right now, I came down to Internet cafe to send this off. Can't believe 90 predicted for weather today.
Here's the Bellini menu and cocktail specials....the patter on the iPhone is a very nice addition, but if it wasn't for me needing to type mini reports to paste over and log on to paste it... I'd prefer to leave the phone locked away.
Already used 20 of 250 minutes. Wish you could create user name to log in. Takes me 25 letters just for my name every time I log on, typing with one finger on iPhone.
Tried on iPhone in Internet cafe and tried computer to log in for 10 minutes, can't get on. :( this report is Princess delayed.
Bernadette

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='BratDet']Yes cold towels in Greece today!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/QUOTE]

Thanks for putting this one to bed!
Thank you do much for posting live . I think I meet your cruise addict criteria and am happy in my addiction.. Keep up the great posts .

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

[quote name='BratDet'] Btw, the photos in the hallways by passengers are really wonderful. Great idea! Really nicely executed also. I almost want to walk the decks to see them all.
Bernadette

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/quote]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Do the photos give a "title" and is the name of the photographer on it?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Thanks, Tracey[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Bernadette, I think you're going to need some orthopedic help on your typing finger when you get home! Such wonderful and detailed reports, and honest opinions, are most welcome. Helps me prepare my "packing list" for my cruises in Oct/Nov this year. Keep up the good work, but don't forget to enjoy your vacation!!!!
Larry

[quote name='BratDet']The hot tubs were not hot by the sanctuary. They were warm.
Day of boarding elevators were HOT. I miss the center stairs, but it just means taking different routes.
Our AC and all over the ship is working great!
A few passengers have no luggage due to airlines. :(
B

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app[/quote]
Thank you for all your posting--we will be going on Royal for Nov. 24, Thanksgiving week and so looking forward to this we have E105,E103,E101 there will be 6 total going ..... if you have any pictures of the room and balcony that would be great. Thanks :)

[quote name='tracemyirishroots'][SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Do the photos give a "title" and is the name of the photographer on it?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR=purple]Thanks, Tracey[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Hi,

The pictures are great. Underneath each one is the name of the photographer and the ship it was taken on.

Joyce

the darn internet service..
Have started a longone over my morning IC coffee, but postus interruptus..I was told to get in the shower!!
So....we are well cleaned up, dressed and fed in the dining room this am and we are off for a few hours t ojust wander around port for our Genuine FAKE watches...

PS I am in Emerald 410...Sunny and clear here and the gangway was closed after the big rush of people got off due to another ship arriving.
It is reopened and we are off..(did not bother us as we were having breakfast when we heard the closure announcement.

BTW the craftmanship is very good..I am looking at carpet seams, tile matching and quality of installation....sounds werid but I am taking my mission quite seriously with a side dish of fun...trying to overload on the fun as there is NO CALORIES in that...later all

Bernadette

Bernadette

Archived