Live From The Royal Princess

Shogun

Re:UST review!! WOW! I am impressed with the amount of detail you remembered from your tour. Great note taking, folks!! :-) I enjoyed this so much I did a copy/paste into a MS Word document, printed it out, and filed it in my RP folder! Thanks so much for thinking of us who have yet to experience the grandeur of the RP.

Larry (#1 Winelover)

Notice posted on board announcing the birth of Prince George:

9419353980_ce0aa64984_z.jpg

9416587931_49cdd5c710_z.jpg

The space opposite Kate's portrait is empty? There's a hook in place for a portrait, but nothing is there? Does anyone know whose portrait is suppose to be there?

9419350512_29074a46e3_z.jpg

Lynn and Rob.

Hmmmm! Gee, I would hope that empty hook is for a picture of Dave Walker for all the wonderful work he has done promoting the RP. I can dream, can't I? :)

Honestly, I've seen foot stools larger than that table. Sorry, but to have dishes perched half off the table is ridiculous. I would feel trapped while dining.

I noticed that the plates were over-hanging the sides of the table also, but sometimes you just have to make to, or do without! I could live with it. :)

According to this DINING GUIDE those are only available at the Outrigger Bar. And I wouldn't assume that they are available all the time, maybe from lunch time to late evening, but I haven't seen any 'hours of operation' for the food at the Outrigger Bar.

"Outrigger Bar – This top-deck bar celebrates throughout the day and includes a Margarita Bar starting a lunch time, accompanied by made-to-order burritos, crispy pork flautas, barbecued pork fajitas, fresh tortilla chips with guacamole and Mexican salsa to keep the fiesta going into the night. The drink menu includes 12 specialty margaritas, Sunsational Slushies, and a morning Bloody Mary bar."

Wonder if they have something for the burritos besides pork:rolleyes: Guess if they don't I will be getting chips, guac and salsa but sounded good :)

I've really enjoyed all the live from the Royal threads and hate that they are closing them as it's so much easier than lots of small threads:)

Wonderful review of the UST and great idea for them to mail you stuff home but they probably don't want to be responsible for that:(

Awesome information and cannot wait to board in October:D:p

Another lighting issue is that in most cabins all the ceiling lights are linked

So no way just to have a light on in the bathroom, closet area without one over the bed being on.

Shogun

Do I understand this correctly? If you turn on the bathroom light in the middle of the night a light also comes on over the bed?

Hi Caribill

The light set up was odd, it was not possible to leave the bed area in darkness,

got used to it but not like other Princess ships,

can not recall the options we had as to what lights were on or off,

but did find it a bit strange, need some one just of the ship to refresh

my recall,

do recall the mini suite, having no light in the shower area when curtain pulled over,

yours Shogun

Hmmmm! Gee, I would hope that empty hook is for a picture of Dave Walker for all the wonderful work he has done promoting the RP. I can dream, can't I? :)

Best idea yet.:D

Hi Caribill

The light set up was odd, it was not possible to leave the bed area in darkness,

got used to it but not like other Princess ships,

can not recall the options we had as to what lights were on or off,

but did find it a bit strange, need some one just of the ship to refresh

my recall,

do recall the mini suite, having no light in the shower area when curtain pulled over,

yours Shogun

There goes my nightlight. :eek:

Hi All

Was reading a professional review,

{appears the Royal was built for the over 50's

stylish, elegant, contemporary

while Princess is only a 4 star brand it could give a lot of Celebrity's ships a run for their money}

thoughts folks, looks like I will have to cancel my next cruise on the Royal as I am to young :D

yours Shogun

If I remember correctly in our deluxe balcony, the bathroom light was separately controlled and did not turn on any main cabin area lights. The bathroom light was controlled by a switch to the left of the bathroom door. The closet area light was controlled by a switch adjacent to the light control holder in the entrance. I think that it might have also energized some of the main cabin overhead lights, but I am not sure.

Hi All

while Princess is only a 4 star brand it could give a lot of Celebrity's ships a run for their money}

thoughts folks, looks like I will have to cancel my next cruise on the Royal as I am to young :D

yours Shogun

Oh dear, that would make me too young as well…..

Which site's review was this that you were reading Shogun?

I agree with cruznut....never leave without my mini flashlight. I always keep one by our nightstand at home so I don't disturb DH in the middle of the night and have a separate one for the night stand on cruises. However, ever since the Costa shipwreck I now insist my husband carry one in his pocket and I always have one with me as well plus pack extra batteries. You might remember, when they lost power it was extremely difficult to see how to get out of there because of the darkness.

Would highly recommend you bring a mini flashlight(s) for those trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night. My motto: "don't leave home without it" - have found it VERY handy.

Jane! Totally agree with you! I have one at work, several at home, and one in my "man bag" that I take with me to my favorite restaurant, especially helpful when I want to read something! (Restaurant lighting sometimes isn't all it's cracked up to be! :confused: ) When applicable I also bring a plug in nightlight, especially for hotel stays. Plug it into the bathroom outlet and leave the door ajar for those night time trips! ;)

Hi All

yours Shogun

No! No! Don't cancel!! I have a buncha years to spare and can loan you enough to get you up to that "50" level! :D AND, you don't even have to give 'em back!! :eek:

Would highly recommend you bring a mini flashlight(s) for those trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night. My motto: "don't leave home without it" - have found it VERY handy.

Get mini flashlight - even carry it at night when you go out. I never leave my stateroom with out it just like my key card.

Hi winelover

Thanks for the offer

To old for club 18 to 30

To young for Saga cruises

And now to young for the Royal

Wonder if I am the right age for my next cruise on the Crown

Yours Shogun

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Forums mobile app

Hi winelover

Thanks for the offer

To old for club 18 to 30

Yours Shogun

Age is only a number Shogun. :D

Hi winelover

Thanks for the offer

To old for club 18 to 30

Yours Shogun

I'm going on the Crown to Alaska 8/16/2014 out of Vancouver (NB to Whittier), then coming back on 8/23/2014 to Vancouver. I've never been to Whittier or the Alaskan Gulf before so this is a first for me on my 5th Alaska cruise! (have all been Inside passage before).

If you have a smart phone, there is an app for a flashlight. Since my phone is always with me,I always have a flashlight! :D

I have that APP! It's great with one exception....it drains the battery on your phone pretty quickly, so know what you want to see, aim, then shoot! :p

Archived