Can my kids stay together at Camp Carnival?

Tapster

It's not like they won't be able to see each other at times...and they won't be in there 24/7! The activities are geared to the age of the child.....if you combine them, one of them would be bored to tears. Let them go to the appropriate group for maximum fun!

I have only one experience with Camp Carnival, and that was back in 2001 in Alaska. My kids were 2, 5 and 8, and their cousins who were on the cruise with us were 3 and 6. They were in separate groups, but since there weren't a lot of kids on the ship, they did sometimes combine the groups and they were all together.

It's more that I think the four year old will be anxious without her sister. My six year old has no probs going into an environment with no one she knows but my four year old not so much.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Not to be snarky, but this cruise will be a good time to give them separate time, playing with their own age groups. Unless you live in an area where there's an one-room schoolroom, your four-year-old will be going to kindergarten next year (or the year after, depending on the age deadlines for your district), and this may be the best thing for daughters (both of them).

While your 4 year old would enjoy being with her 6 year old sister, I doubt that many of the 8 year olds would enjoying having a 4 year old in their group. After all, she will be two years younger then the youngest participant. Developmentally that is a LOT younger. Everyone else will likely be able to read and follow directions fairly well.

Going the other direction might work, but again, there very well might be parents who object to having a child that is six together with their two year old.

Best to let them be where they are supposed to be.

Going the other direction might work, but again, there very well might be parents who object to having a child that is six together with their two year old.

I doubt that the 6 year old would be happy hanging out with 2 year olds anyway!

Archived