Reorder Carnival Ports

whciv

We are leaving Sunday for a cruise from Galveston to Roatan, Belize and Cozumel. The weather next week is looking a little questionable for some days. Does Carnival ever reorder their ports? On this cruise it would be possible as the ports are in the same general area.

Not usually as other ships have already reserved the berths in the other ports, so there is no space.

I was on Conquest in Sept when we tried to sail into Jamaice into Tropical Storm Nicole and tried and tried to get in to pick up our entertainers.. nope, no can do. Of course we missed the Caymans the next day too.

Its more normal, especially ships that sail out of the gulf with fewer port options, to skip a port, then to change the order. The weather would have to be REALLY bad. We had over 40 mph winds and we still tried to dock (and people post you dont go right into a storm, I found out different).

They HAVE .. but its usually hurricane conditions and thats as I said more normal out of Florida than a ship sailing out of the gulf, like out of Galveston. I would say little to no chance.

You say the weather is questionable.. as in a bit rainy perhaps... it would never be considered just to avoid a few rainy days if thats all you are worried about.

I've had it happen once while aboard the Triumph.

Other than the missing 2 out of 3 ports above.

I also did a cruise on Ecstasy that turned into a 4 day into a 3 day cruise to nowhere out of Galveston.

Its more normal to miss ports than to reorder .. but admit that is my perception as a Texan sailing out of Galveston a lot.

We all know is POSSIBLE, but I still say highly unlikely out of Galveston.

We were on the Conquest in '08 and Gustav was heading toward Jamaica and GC. We missed Jamaica so the people there could hunker down and we stopped in GC a day early. We then went to Cozumel and subbed Progresso for Jamaica. It was a week after that, that Ike hit Galveston.

We were on the Conquest in '08 and Gustav was heading toward Jamaica and GC. We missed Jamaica so the people there could hunker down and we stopped in GC a day early. We then went to Cozumel and subbed Progresso for Jamaica. It was a week after that, that Ike hit Galveston.

and I was unlucky enough to be aboard Conquest when Ike wiped out Galveston and never saw my car again... we stayed overnight in Cozumel, so it does happen (just less likely than missing ports for ships out of Galveston). And then came in a day late to New Orleans and had to find a way to get home with no help from Carnival.

Sure hope this never happens to anyone else.

On our 3/12/2011 Exotic Western Caribbean cruise on the Carnival Triumph, they swapped the order of ports. We were scheduled for Belize, Roatan and Cozumel. Instead we did Cozumel first and Roatan last.

Archived