can you check in on ship then get back off

Robinhill

Well, we will be arriving at 11:00ish by train and have a tour at the sealife center at 1pm so i thought we could get on, check in, grab lunch and the get off and go to the sealife center since we would not be able to go to our cabin until 1pm anyway.

The answer on all lines I know of, of course, is yes. You get an ID card/room key during embarkation. Then you may certainly go back to shore, using your ID to get back on before final boarding.

And Seward is a great place to explore ........ spend all the time you can there.

Doug

We loved the Sealife Center -- visited it a few years ago.

We went on our own.

HAL had a bus going back and forth between the ship and town which gave us time to walk around the town.

The city of Seward runs a continuous loop bus. Although I have taken HAL out of Seward, I have never seen one of their buses. Last trip was last year. But, I have just always used the Seward buses and never "looked" for any other.

Well, we will be arriving at 11:00ish by train and have a tour at the sealife center at 1pm so i thought we could get on, check in, grab lunch and the get off and go to the sealife center since we would not be able to go to our cabin until 1pm anyway.

The ship may not even be boarding this early. And if you have to get your bags, you are not going to be out of the depot much before 11:30am (I never leave my bags to get on the ship, without verifying it made it to the port. makes it a LOT easier to track) Add to your time, lines. There will be people waiting to board at disembarkment. For the life of me, I have no idea why these people wait for hours, just to get on the ship. We all are different. I am never in any rush, especially in Alaska.

You might just want to pick up some food in Seward and forget about getting on the ship in this short timeframe.

Archived