Halloween Costumes

ambelina

If traveling in the Caribbean, be advised that Halloween costumes are impossible to find there. One CC'er did say that k-Mart in St Thomas USVI might have them, but Halloween is not an island thing.

Steve

We will be on the maiden inaugural Caribbean cruise on the Royal for Halloween and wondered if anyone plans to wear costumes. It may be formal night, so not sure how that will work.

We're on the the Royal Princess on Halloween and have been planning our costumes for months! I know the crew loves to dress up and I'm hoping the passengers will get in the spirit too!

We'll be in FLL a few days early (staying in the Hyatt Pier 66 tower to watch Royal Princess arrive Sunday :D) and plan on getting some treats for the crew at the Walgreens by the port entrance.

We will be on the maiden inaugural Caribbean cruise on the Royal for Halloween and wondered if anyone plans to wear costumes. It may be formal night, so not sure how that will work.

We were on the Sapphire for Halloween last year. As other posters said, the crew dresses, many passengers dress (and there were some fantastic costumes) and there was a great Halloween party with a costume contest too.

If you want to pack a costume, Belly Dancer costumes don't take much room ...

As far as formal goes, one couple dressed as Count and Countess Dracula. Once you got past the fangs and blood, they looked very formal in with their dress attire with flowing capes! Wish I had a photo to post ...

We have been on Princess a couple of time for Halloween. I would guess around 10% of the guest did something. Unfortunately with most people flying, bringing extra luggage is a deterent. The crusie director staff organized a party and those willing to show off could win a cheap prize.

Thanks for all your replies. I guess that we should start shopping for lightweight costumes so that we can join in all the fun. I have also heard that some decorate their room entrance doors, mailboxes and inside the room. We love Halloween, so this should be fun. :)

Thanks for all your replies. I guess that we should start shopping for lightweight costumes so that we can join in all the fun. I have also heard that some decorate their room entrance doors, mailboxes and inside the room. We love Halloween, so this should be fun. :)

It IS fun! I brought a costume and if you check my icon up there at the top left, that's it. Very light to carry. Fun to wear. I'm going to do it again this year. I'll probably go with the same type costume, unless I find something I like better. I also LOVE Halloween.

I also decorated my mirrors with bats, and my mailbox with blinking bats, ghosts and spiders. It's really fun.

Maureen

Archived