Long-term parking at Metro-North?

MarlboroBell

I'm trying to see if we can get a better deal than the $35/day at the Manhattan port (and with the size of our car, even the nearby garages are $29/day rather than $19). I've been on rrparking.com and it seems that we can park for a week at many Metro-North stations (Southeast, Purdy's, Mamaroneck and others) for $31.25. Then we just hop on the train, get a cab to/from the port, and we've saved a lot of money. (It helps that we're starting our journey at a weekend, when the parking lots are less full.) Oh, and we don't have the stress of driving in the city (although given that the port is essentially directly connected to a highway that gets us home, that's minimal)

Is there something I've missed? I've parked at Mamaroneck for the day before but didn't look at long-term options then. I seem to remember hearing that 138east took the train from Mamaroneck to Bayonne, but I don't know if that included leaving a car at Mamaroneck.

Anyone done this?

I took the train from Larchmont because I have relatives there and I ditched my car in their driveway for 10+ days. I know there is long term parking in Stamford, but I think most of the bedroom communities limit their parking to residents. The train service is really good from Stamford.

Sorry, didn't mean to suggest riding Amtrak, but just pick a station that also services Amtrak. More likely to have long term parking than the run of the mill commuter rail station. So for Metro North that would be New Haven, Bridgeport, and Stamford.

Why Amtrak? Lots more expensive. Less frequent service.

In addition Amtrak is a tenant on Metro North Northeast Corridor from New Haven (Actually State Street Station) to New Rochelle and Empire Service from Poughkeepsie to Spuyten Duyvil. Amtrak trains are under Metro North control on these portions of their trip.

If traveling from points that MNRR offers service there really isn't any benefit unless you need Red Cap service (help with your bags) but that is very expensive price difference for that.

FWIW

Archived