Don't Judge Me....

thatsonofa

Sorry, but you sound young and immature. Wait till after the muster drill to get smashed.

You do know the difference between buzzed and smashed? Anyhow I think the OP was making a lighthearted comment. I seriously doubt the post was meant to get people upset. Next thing people will tell them where to meet friends of Bill W or whatever it is...

Please dont do this. We had to wait while the people in the cabins were called out- then we had to wait til they arrived. They announced like 12 cabin numbers and asked the people in those cabins to make their way to the muster station

We've had to wait for people to show up and when they finally did, they were commented on by other cruisers.

The people trying to avoid muster drill are very selfish when they make everyone else wait longer than necessary.

We did B2B last year and had to go to both of them. No exceptions.

You do know the difference between buzzed and smashed? Anyhow I think the OP was making a lighthearted comment. I seriously doubt the post was meant to get people upset. Next thing people will tell them where to meet friends of Bill W or whatever it is...

Yes, I do know the difference. However, I still think he or she came across as immature.

Buzzed is easy, ruined takes more effort. :)

You... I like you...

Dont worry OP, im the same way. Makes it a little more enjoyable. With all the old people on the ship, even in my most wrecked state, I would still be more comprehensive than them.

because I have a personal goal to have a buzz before the muster drill...

Just sayin.... :cool:

Go for it.

It’s good to have goals.

IMHO you have every right to get as buzzed as you wish on your cruise as long it you aren’t messing with someone elses enjoyment of their cruise.

Delaying the muster drill, being obnoxious, using inappropriate language in front of my kids, butting in line, etc etc… that’s a no in my book… If you want to get buzzed and walk around the ship doing karaoke to the tunes in your head , go right ahead.

As I said – its good to have goals :D

I won't judge you if you're buzzed!

I will judge anyone that thinks it's ok to hide and keeps muster waiting longer. Not cool.

This I completely agree with. We are on the ship to have a good time. Why are people judging if someone wants to have a couple of drinks when they get on board? Most of the time the weather is great, you are on a big ship and about to sail away on a vacation. If that doesnt say have a drink, I dont know what does.

Go for it.

It’s good to have goals.

IMHO you have every right to get as buzzed as you wish on your cruise as long it you aren’t messing with someone elses enjoyment of their cruise.

Delaying the muster drill, being obnoxious, using inappropriate language in front of my kids, butting in line, etc etc… that’s a no in my book… If you want to get buzzed and walk around the ship doing karaoke to the tunes in your head , go right ahead.

As I said – its good to have goals :D

Pressing the "Like" button.

I don't really think anyone here is judging people for drinking as soon as they get onboard. They are judging them for drinking as soon as they get onboard and start acting like jerks. Someone causing muster to last longer because they want to joke around and not keep quiet, or try to skip muster altogether, is a jerk move.

My last cruise I had a couple of beers before muster. I also knew they weren't going to run out and I could get more later.

If the OP can get buzzed and not cause muster to take longer than it should, more power to him.

I was quite buzzed at muster on our last cruise. It wasn't intentional. I hadn't had any more Fun ship specials than usual. But the bartender in the main lobby must have been pouring a bit stronger than usual. I didn't really feel it until we got up to go look for our muster station and felt quite giddy. I did behave myself though.

I don't really think anyone here is judging people for drinking as soon as they get onboard. They are judging them for drinking as soon as they get onboard and start acting like jerks. Someone causing muster to last longer because they want to joke around and not keep quiet, or try to skip muster altogether, is a jerk move.

My last cruise I had a couple of beers before muster. I also knew they weren't going to run out and I could get more later.

If the OP can get buzzed and not cause muster to take longer than it should, more power to him.

Well, from reading some of these posts many are well on their way without their first drink. One can only hope a few drinks reverse the process. Something has to happen for me to want to cruise with some posters.

OP- Go for the buzz. As I say sometimes, I don't have a drinking problem, this is not to say others don't have a problem when I drink:p

If you act like a jerk, at least we can blame it on the alcohol, not your naturally charming personality

You... I like you...

Dont worry OP, im the same way. Makes it a little more enjoyable. With all the old people on the ship, even in my most wrecked state, I would still be more comprehensive than them.

Doubtful you young whipper snapper, doubtful;).

Sorry if I came across as harsh, but we've been at a few muster drills where a group has been "buzzed" and wouldn't shut up. This delayed the start of the muster drill for all of us. It's not fun being packed against the wall in the heat.

Just don't be that annoying passenger talking real loud and cracking jokes that are only funny to you while the most important part of your cruise is taking place. Remember, this may be fun and games to some who have cruised before, but there might be some who are actually taking it seriously and want to pay attention.

On our last muster drill (last week), they actually asked everybody over the loudspeakers to stay absolutely quiet while they called all the cabins for each lifeboat. It was a loooong process but they said it was the new way of ensuring that everyone is present.

When I cruise, the muster drill isn't even in my top 20 most important part if the cruise.

DW and I missed muster drill in Rome three years ago because she was in the ship's hospital. I don't know how this affected muster, but we hope it wasn't too bad. Trust me, we would rather have been at the drill.

The only reason I dont agree with the OP is I dont have the bladder for it anymore... I hate dancing during the drill ;)

I totally agree there is a big difference between buzzed and ruined.

If you squat on the spot during muster you went too far :eek:

DOD is on my things to do list.... wait it is my list

The last few muster drills we experienced. We sat in chairs in the shade or they were held indoors.

All passengers must attend the safety briefing. They agree to do so when they purchase a cruise ticket.

It would be easy to get buzzed, bombed, stoned, drunk or whatever they want to call it. Before the safety drill.

There are always annoying people on cruises. As long as they are not too annoying to very many people no one will care.

You... I like you...

I see you like to age discriminate, who else do you discriminate against? women, people of color?

When I cruise, the muster drill isn't even in my top 20 most important part of the cruise.

That you don't consider it to be important doesn't mean that it isn't. There are some things that need to be taken seriously. Safety being at the top of the list.

The muster drill won't be important to you until the day there's a real emergency and you have no clue where your muster station even is. It can truly mean the difference between life and death.

just got off princess. They scanned our cards as we went in the room then as we were leaving they were calling a couple on the intercom. I was wondering if they didn't show up for muster.

Now really, you would rather hide under a bed or in a closet just to skip muster drill. What are you 12?

Archived