GTY question....

Nigella

Oh no :eek:

my V6 is between 730 and 748 :(

Should I at least try for one night or ask to change once on board?:confused:

Actually what you could do I ask and call Seabourn to switch you cabins in V6 CAT ...720-725 is a good area as well as Deck 8 820-828 is good as well.

Yes, I'd be careful. If you ask for a change they might change you to a V1.

WIPRO....FYI they can't!...once the cabin assignment has been made she is allowed to change cabins within that same Cabin CAT providing one is available. I have done it myself before.

Yes,why pay for a V6 when a V5 on deck six is a far better location and exactly what I want.

I always have 642 on the larger ships and 223 on the smaller ships.

That is nice to hear, we have been assigned 641 (at this stage).

GTY is short for Guarantee booking without specifically picking a cabin number in that category.

Wendy - OB grade is a guarantee of a minimum grade veranda/balcony suite, OS a guarantee of an outside (window) suite. It is confusing, I agree. You may well get a higher grade than the basic, but not necessarily - see the various comments above.

We did a balcony GTY last year and got I think 502.....arguably one of the feast favourable cabins on board....can you believe we loved it.....we found the short extra walk to everywhere a real positive for us and the half metal balcony was acceptable. Our previous GTY was I think 725 and quite honestly we were just as comfortable in either cabin. From now on we will always book a GTY as we have realised that we are happy wherever we are on the ship. I also fully understand why some passengers like a certain cabin and do agree for the extra cost if that is important to you it is money well spent.

Hopefully your V6 is not directly under the Patio grill and pool, as that area can be noisy.

We're on Deck 8 this time. We were on Deck 7 on the Quest, but for the life of me I can't remember the suite number. We had to move to a different suite mid cruise, no noise from above so we must have been furher forward but it was definitely a Cat V6.

I won't chance a GTY in future but we appear to have fallen lucky this time.

We're on Deck 8 this time. We were on Deck 7 on the Quest, but for the life of me I can't remember the suite number. We had to move to a different suite mid cruise, no noise from above so we must have been furher forward but it was definitely a Cat V6.

I won't chance a GTY in future but we appear to have fallen lucky this time.

CAT V4 Suites 701-712

CAT V4 Suites 701-712

Oops my apologies, I was meaning that both suites were a little further forward than those underneath the pool and the Grill, ie between 719 and 729 originally, then we moved right across the hallway. So we were in suites in the area you they mentioned earlier and I agree it was a good area.

If they had tried to move us to a V4 when we'd paid for and chosen a specific V6 I would have been rather cross. :D

i was a little disappointed to get 746 a couple of weeks ago but it was great. A perfect location and only slightly smaller than a normal cabin. The balcony was a bit cramped but it still had 2 chairs and a small table which worked really well. I will always book a GTY in future if i can, the extra money goes towards a future cruise deposit so it's a win win!

[quote name='Ravenscroft']We're on Deck 8 this time. We were on Deck 7 on the Quest, but for the life of me I can't remember the suite number. We had to move to a different suite mid cruise, no noise from above so we must have been furher forward but it was definitely a Cat V6.
I won't chance a GTY in future but we appear to have fallen lucky this time.[/QUOTE]

Why did you have to change cabins mid cruise?

Archived