Alaska Cruise including airfare and tours

gannab

We will be leaving from CT (next July I think) and want the full pkg for airfare, cruise and all tours we want to take. Would like to know what cruise line would do this. we are leaning towards Norweigan Cruise Line...any help or suggestions out there...thanks Jidy

We will be leaving from CT (next July I think) and want the full pkg for airfare, cruise and all tours we want to take. Would like to know what cruise line would do this. we are leaning towards Norweigan Cruise Line...any help or suggestions out there...thanks Jidy

All cruiselines will offer airfare and excursions as part of the cruise. If you want to book it that way. It's usually a bit less pricy booking airfare on your own, as well as excursions.

If you want a full package deal then I would suggest going with an independent travel agent that can either make all the arrangements or assist you with them.

First you need to decide on how much of an AK cruise you want to do. How much time and $$ do you have to spend etc. With 7 days your best bet are RT out of either Vancouver BC or Seattle WA. If you have more time a one way cruise either NB or SB with a week or so to do a land tour and see Denali, Anchorage, Fairbanks etc. is another option. These tours can be done through the cruise lines, Grey Line of AK, DIY, or see www.alaskatravel.com

Take a look at www.cruiseportinsider.com to get a better idea of what you can do in the ports.

Good luck with your planning - BTW NCL has three ships - the Jewel, Pearl, and the Sun providing RT cruises out of Seattle that visit Glacier Bay or Tracy Arm and one way cruises between Vancouver BC and Whittier AK.

The bottom line is YOU and you choosing your tours for each port. It's then easy to book a ship shore excursion. Do your homework. Find out the details, read over the shore excursion lists. If you are looking for a "package" with "included" tours, this is usually a poor choice. Fixed tours are going to be bus/city type tours. There are FAR better options available.

As for cruise air, be very informed on what you are purchasing. Many times these are having you fly in the day of embarkment. In my opinion, this is an overall poor touring plan. The other issue is what TYPE of ticket you are purchasing. If you happen to be the lowest cost bulk tickets, you are going to have many restrictions, and if canceled etc, the last group taken care of. You might want to compare on your own as well, to get ideas on routes and what is available with pricing.

The major cruise lines do not include air or hotels or shore excursions in the cruise fare that you see anywhere.

Those extras.

You can buy the cruise air with hotel packages and fly in a couple of days before the cruise and/or stay over at the end of the cruise. This is not cheap.

We prefer to book our own air and our own hotels.

And you can go to your reservation (once booked) and read over the shore excursions -- see the prices -- and prebook them.

I purchased airfare through princess which was substantially cheaper than what I could have booked it. They were having a special witha $250 credit pp. We also booked our July land/cruise just 3 mo ahead of sailing and got a good price.

Archived