Does linking reservations assure same table in mdr?

We have 3 cabins and the reservations are linked and we all got early sitting as requested. I'm assuming we will be at the same table , is this right or to I need to do anything else ? Thanks

That should do it.

I am wondering if a group of linked reservations is too large to fit at one table do they automatically put the multiple tables next to eachother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, please excuse all the typos.

We always travel in a group of 4 or more. Never had a problem. If the reservation is NOT linked you will be out of luck. On one cruise we had a party of 14. We had 2 tables next to each other. We do have a great TA... That may help. Also be sure to check as soon as you board.

We usually travel in groups of 10-20, only one time did we not get seated together. 10 in the group were way to the back of the dinning room and 4 were at the front on the dinning room at a different time. They refused to switch around. We had booked through a travel agent and they told us to grease some ones hand! In the end they did have a change of heart and placed my sister and her family at the next table. They had a different waiter and were through with their meals before we got our entrees. At least we were able to go to the shows together.

We have 3 cabins and the reservations are linked and we all got early sitting as requested. I'm assuming we will be at the same table , is this right or to I need to do anything else ? Thanks

You can also email rcldining@rccl.com and make dining requests, such as deck preference or table size, etc. Linking reservations is usually all you need to do to be seated at the same table, but I usually send the email too.

And, when you get on the ship, your seapasses will show your table #...if they are the same, then you're at the same table.

And if they are not the same table, go directly to the dining room upon embarkation and see the Maitre'd. He will take care of it.

You can also email rcldining@rccl.com and make dining requests, such as deck preference or table size, etc. Linking reservations is usually all you need to do to be seated at the same table, but I usually send the email too.

Also make sure that you have large table requested on your booking, linking reservations and then requesting a table size smaller than the group is counter productive and you may get the smaller table and be on your own.

We had 16 in our group...they put 10 at one table and 6 at another side by side. I did contact Royal dining in advance to insure that we would all be next to one another. Our reservation were all linked together each time someone else booked their cruise.

Linking does not ensure anything. On Freedom last March I had two cabins, one for my wife and I, and the other across the hall for my two kids, 13 and 15. They were linked and we also had friends, a familiy of 5, linked to us as well.

Well, there was no problem with my wife and I and our friends - we were all at the same table - but my two kids were assigned a table a floor below. Obviously we talked to the Maitre'D and we were told that maybe they could do something, that they'd let us now in a couple of days. But don't count on anything as they were very full that cruise. Their advice on what to do in the meantime? Eat in the Windjammer.

So don't count on the links working - if they can split kids from their parents, they can spit anyone.

(P.S. It worked out well for us in the end due to the efforts of our headwaiter who did a remarkable job arrangeing a table for all of us.)

Thanks, that is good to know. Clarea you are so helpful with all the questions.

Marcy

Theoretically it should work, but I had an issue once where a family in the same cabin got different tables. Yes, the Maitre D' fixed it immediately, but there were some other families behind us in line with the same issue.

Did a family cruise in 2011 in the MED. (parents 50th) with 10 family members, booked 8 months in advance, all booked at the same time, same agent, all linked.

Got on the ship and found that while we had early seating (our request), we were at 2 separate tables as all the 10 seat tables were already assigned. The maitre'd offered to move us to late seating ( but with all the early tours planned didn't want to switch), I kept politely asking if there were any other alternatives, and he offered a table for 8, which meant we were cozy for dinner, but accepted, as everyone wanted to sit together. It worked out fine, we had great waiters, and really enjoyed our dinners, even though we were a bit cramped.

NO! We have linked with friends 4 times. I have seen it on the website each time. We use the same TA. Royal has botched it 3 out of 4 times. How we have been so "lucky" amazes me. The irony is that we are linked, our TA emails a reminder request a few weeks ahead, we sail in suites (supposedly that gets us a better location), we have been Diamond and D+ status (ditto on the location) and yet twice we were not linked. We always specifically request bottom level of the MDR, large table in front of the staircase. Yep - you got it, wrong every time. To be fair, they do fix it...sort of... but it's a little annoying that we have to start out our cruise haggling with the maitre'd.

When we cruised with friends on RCCL, we never had a problem with linking our reservations.

Now, we just do "My Time Dining" so we don't need to be concerned about it.

All of us just go together and they seat us at the same table. :)

LuLu

~~~~

We always gave our TA the friends booking number.

The friends also gave their TA our booking number.

Having all involved request to be linked is best according to my TA.

We never had a problem.

LuLu

~~~~~

As mentioned above shoot them an email to the dining staff with everyone's reservation numbers and what you want for seating. We travel in a large group and we get several tables next to each other. However I think we always get different waiters... The tables get split between two waiters some times... Not a big deal unless the other tables get an amazing waiter and you don't... Lol...

Don't count on the linking... Email!

Thanks for the info. I know we had an issue the first time we travelled with family but the reservations weren't linked. We have 3 cabins this time two adjoining but the other is on a different deck. It's not the end of the works if not at the same table as I'm not sure I will bring the kids I might feed telhem early and send them to the nursery so we can enjoy our meal. It would be nice to have the choice though

Archived