Purchasing Bottles of Liquour & Taking it Onboard (spank me!)

richarduk

We enjoy our balcony with a couple of drinks in the evening. We usually sail Holland America and bottles purchased via room service, or prepaid online before are at very reasonable cost. I'd found Celebrity costs some time back which were VERY high as I remember. Holland America is around $30 for Smirnoff and Stoli. I seem to remember Celebrity was over £50!!!

I have a couple of questions:

Does anyone have current costs of bottles of liquor (it's just vodka we partake in) to either purchase online prior to the cruise, or via whatever means onboard i.e. room service or shop etc?

Is it quite easy to get wine back onboard whilst in port, not embarkation?

Thanks in advance:cool:

I have a couple of questions:

Does anyone have current costs of bottles of liquor (it's just vodka we partake in) to either purchase online prior to the cruise, or via whatever means onboard i.e. room service or shop etc?

Is it quite easy to get wine back onboard whilst in port, not embarkation?

Thanks in advance:cool:

State room liquor/bar set up prices start at $80 US for shelf brand liquor and $100 for premium brands. I believe that also includes free mixers. You can find it on the Celebrity website under gifts.

"Easy" is subjective. Some people have reported (me included) not being stopped returning from port and carry alcohol on but wine generally is no problem as you are allowed two bottles to be brought on board with you. The corkage fee is only charged if you drink it in the MDR or specialty restaurants. No charge in stateroom.

The Celebrity Guest Alcohol Policy says this:

"Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic beverages onboard; with the exception of embarkation day when guests are permitted to bring onboard with them up to two (2) bottles of wine (which are subject to a corkage fee) per stateroom. Security may inspect containers (including water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, canteens, etc.) at any time and will dispose of alcohol concealed in such containers. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased from onboard shops or in ports of call (which must be presented to security upon re-boarding), will be secured by ship's personnel. Alcohol secured by ship's personnel will be returned to guests just prior to the conclusion of their cruise vacation. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them.'

"Guests who violate any alcohol policy, including but not limited to underage drinking; providing alcohol to minors or young adults; possessing, concealing or attempting to conceal alcoholic items in their luggage, when boarding or while onboard; engaging in alcohol drinking games; or failing to consume alcohol responsibly, will be considered for discipline under the provisions of this policy."

and this:

Failure to act in accordance with this policy may result in:

• Intervention by security, other management personnel, or law enforcement

• Removal of certain onboard privileges, which may include being detained, quarantined or confined in a cabin or hold cell

• Confiscation of illegal/contraband/prohibited items (may be turned over to law enforcement authorities)

• Denial of boarding on the current or any future Celebrity Cruises

• Reporting of incidents to government and law enforcement Authorities for follow-on legal action

• Removal from ship at the next port of call. Guests removed from a Celebrity ship pursuant to this policy, are responsible for their own accommodations and transportation home, at their expense. Documentation requirements for re-entry into the guest's home country are also the responsibility of the guest."

YMMV

We often bring wine back on board from various ports, and have never been stopped. That being said, we buy the wine as a souvenir to take home, not to drink on board, and we are fully prepared to accept that it may be need to be checked and returned to us on the last night.

you don't seem to be able to get access to look at liquor packages unless you are booked, which we are not yet.

Does anyone have details of prices and products?

People seem to be saying that they provide mixers with the alcohol. If so, how many per litre bottle of liquor?

Thanks.

you don't seem to be able to get access to look at liquor packages unless you are booked, which we are not yet.

People seem to be saying that they provide mixers with the alcohol. If so, how many per litre bottle of liquor?

Thanks.

Does the cruise you're contemplating booking qualify for the pick your perk promotion that is available for cruises booked till the end of June? If so, then you can choose the free Classic alcoholic drinks package and then you would not need to buy bottles and set ups through X.

Thanks.

At the bottom of the Celebrity Cruises landing page (in the small print) in the center is Travel Tools. At the bottom of travel tools is a 'Gifts by Celebrity' click on that, click on 'Gifts delivered on board', then 'Spirits, Cellars and More' and the 'Liquor packages' and you'll find the list of available spirits for delivery available to your state room. I'll attached the link.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/bonvoyage/category/viewCollection.do?cat=SPIRIT&coll=LIQUORPKG

Thanks.

From the Celebrity website:

Package includes one bottle of --------------, 6 cans of soda and our Premium Salty Snack Collection of peanuts, cashews and pistachios.

It is also down to who is manning security at the time of boarding, we've taken on board beer and wine some days and been stopped other days.

If boarding in Southampton, they do not check that the 2 bottles of wine are actually wine - last time we took on a bottle of wine and a bottle of vodka. Although the cabin steward does have the right to report any alcohol in your cabin if they so wish.

It is also down to who is manning security at the time of boarding, we've taken on board beer and wine some days and been stopped other days.

If boarding in Southampton, they do not check that the 2 bottles of wine are actually wine - last time we took on a bottle of wine and a bottle of vodka. Although the cabin steward does have the right to report any alcohol in your cabin if they so wish.

I'd be surprised if the cabin steward would do this since it could impact their tips.

DH and I like to enjoy a drink on our balcony in the afternoon. This cruise we'll have the premium beverage package but I really don't relish hoarding vodka and rum from various bars to keep in our room and definitely can't justify $80 to $100 to order bottles for the room.

Buy a bottle of wine, drink it or dump it out. Fill it with your liquor. Sneak it on board. Techinically you could be arrested for sneaking a hazardous substance or bomb on board because you have a unknown flamable substance in an unauthorized container. :eek: The same could apply to those filling water of soft drink bottles. This is very serious and something to think about.

That is something that the cruise for some reason has been very lenient on.

I'd be surprised if the cabin steward would do this since it could impact their tips.

DH and I like to enjoy a drink on our balcony in the afternoon. This cruise we'll have the premium beverage package but I really don't relish hoarding vodka and rum from various bars to keep in our room and definitely can't justify $80 to $100 to order bottles for the room.

Most likely the cabin steward would not report this, but on RCCL, bar staff refills the bar in the rooms, there has been reports that they turn you in.

Just grab a rum runner.

We are adults here and know the rules. So don't give me ohh your breaking the rules without looking at the mirror and saying I never broke a rule. This goes to driving the roads, to on your spouse, to your job. If we are caught we pay the price, that's the chance we take everyday. Your neighbor drinking a drink in their cabin will not affect your cruise. $100 for a bottle is outrageous. $50 is more reasonable.

Most likely the cabin steward would not report this, but on RCCL, bar staff refills the bar in the rooms, there has been reports that they turn you in.

Just grab a rum runner.

We are adults here and know the rules. So don't give me ohh your breaking the rules without looking at the mirror and saying I never broke a rule. This goes to driving the roads, to on your spouse, to your job. If we are caught we pay the price, that's the chance we take everyday. Your neighbor drinking a drink in their cabin will not affect your cruise. $100 for a bottle is outrageous. $50 is more reasonable.

Wow, that's quite a list of things that are no problem for you.

$100 does seem outrageous for a bottle of spirits if you're thinking of retail store prices. But Celebrity isn't a retail store and does not sell liquor at retail prices for on board consumption. They have the stateroom bar setup as an accommodation which is at prices comparable to their bar and mini-bar prices. So it is at resort/hotel/bar type pricing and isn't out of line from that perspective.

Wow, that's quite a list of things that are no problem for you.

It's not a list of no problems on me. It's a list of people need to look in the mirror, before they put down someone for wanted to bring a bottle. If 2 bottles of wine can come on, and a person can abuse that in one sitting, it might not be the hard stuff but its still alcohol. Celebrity is more for the older type clientele , most know how to control their liqueur. We are not a bunch on teenagers or 20's year olds.

As we know it is against Celebrities policy, will you get thrown off. Not, unless you act like a arrogant fool. Be prepare to pay a price by losing your alcohol if your caught with a rumrunner.

Btw I don't break the rules with the other half, that's one rule I have always been good at. :) Speeding yes, coming back to work late from lunch, yes. :)

1 liter equal 16. 6 shots times.. So your bar setup is $6 per drink. No tip.

We love Celebrity and they are our first choice. However Princess and HAL let you bring on liquor. Something to think about when adding up the price of your cruise.

Princess now has basically the same policy as Celebrity. One bottle of wine per person and no other alcoholic beverages. HAL allows unlimited wine and champagne but no other alcoholic beverages allowed to be brought on board.

Princess now has basically the same policy as Celebrity. One bottle of wine per person and no other alcoholic beverages. HAL allows unlimited wine and champagne but no other alcoholic beverages allowed to be brought on board.

But on Hal you can purchase alcohol for your cabin at reasonable prices. Just saying.

Archived