Porthole Rooms

gsutiger2

We started out in 324 and spent spent the first night of our cruise there - we were able to upgrade to a balcony the next day. There is lots less motion on deck 3, but I would stay away from 324. There is a pipe in the wall and periodically, you could hear water rushing through it, which was a little disturbing.

Love deck 3! I have stayed there twice and will again next year. Was supposed to this year but was upgraded to a deck 6 balcony cabin. I love the fact that on 3 you get to room quickly boarding and get off easily. Pick any mid ship cabin and you should be happy. You will love the porthole ledge and saving a LOT OF MONEY.

Oh no! I just checked our itinerary and we are in room 324! :(

Is it really that bad? :confused:

It was not too bad - we noticed it, but it did not keep us up. As it is a pipe, I am not surprised that Emdee had the same noise in 424. If, however, there are other cabins available on the deck, I would switch.

It was an upsell. I called the week before the cruise and they wanted more than I was willing to pay for the balcony. I made the same offer while on the ship- there were about 30 empty cabins and they emailed Seattle and took the offer.

On our recent cruise we had cabin 312. Right next to the gangway and elevators. We thought it might be a noisy room with the traffic, but we found quite the opposite. We thought it was a great location and booked the same room for next years cruise from Fiji.

I have stayed twice on 310 - the other side of the storage from 312 - never had heard any noise! Upgrade? I only got one because I booked a back to back sailing. Still not sure if I will like the balcony cabin better than 310 where I had originally booked. Will know soon enough.

Booked that cabin also for the 2014 Repeater cruise. Also something to be said for the amount of money one can save over the years staying on this deck. Especially if one wants to go back every year or two.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Sorry, booked 310 the first day it was available. I doubt the cheaper rooms are sold out, I know at first they sold a lot of rooms but I would think it slowed down pretty quickly.

Wendy, a few hundred bucks for me helps out with other stuff!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Deck 4 isn't much more money, and the window and location is pretty nice. It's always our preference.

Deck 4 was $400 more per person - $800 total for our 2 week cruise. Looking out of a porthole is not quite as nice as a window, but I did not think it worth the extra.

We haven't been on the PG yet, but assume it will be similar to our experience on Windstar, where we really only used the cabin to sleep and shower. $800 will buy us spa treatments and pearls.

Archived