Porthole Rooms

gsutiger2

And pre/post cruise hotels, food, transport!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Fortunately the pre-hotel is covered on points. There are some perks to work travel. :)

We too like deck 4.

I did have a look at three and it wasn't bad at all. Same ledge....

I do like the little bit of extra light and the proximity to reception. The only deck that beats 4

IMO is 8 and that's because of the proximity to the pool.

I have been in category D ie deck 6 i think it was 8 years ago and it wasn't worth the extra money.

Last time we were on deck 3 we had fun with it. When getting into the elevator on lets say deck 8 we would tell fellow passengers, "don't worry, your getting off before us as we are down with the crew, in fact we are their room stewards."

Everyone would all have a good laugh :)

We are on board now in 320. Our prior two cruises were on deck 4. There really is no difference. Save the $$ for excursions.

Sunny and beautiful, just returned from Marc's snorkel,and picnic in Huahine. Spectacular.

FlightMedic - how about cabin 310 & its proximity to the gangway? Does it appear to be noisy or busy? Overall are there any cabins on 3 that you think should be avoided? Thank you for following up with us on your vacation!

• 2 weeks later...

P:)lease do not take this as an negative.I could never be in a pothole cabin or even a window.My vacation needs a open space for air.It is worth it to us.Plus you cannot compare a pothole to sitting on your private deck with a glass of wine.

I'm part of a group booking that will have all of our wine provided. This isn't wine off the ships list, but a special deal. I'd have to go to a specified place to get a glass, no reason to go back to my room with it.

P:)lease do not take this as an negative.I could never be in a pothole cabin or even a window.My vacation needs a open space for air.It is worth it to us.Plus you cannot compare a pothole to sitting on your private deck with a glass of wine.

Most of the time we are on deck it's about as private as you can get, and there is a lot more space than you have.:D:D:D

Personally, I do enjoy the large balconies on other ships but I find the pg balconies very small compared to regent for example. The only larger balconies are in the suites AFAIK. I have mostly been on deck 4 and love the picture window. As someone said the whole ship is your balcony.

I see where you are coming from.This is our 40th wedding anniversary and we want to enjoy.Maybe next time we might feel different.

i think everyone should be happy with their decision and go from there.:)

Archived