What is a Thermal Suite?

synet165

Hi:

What is exactly a Thermal Suite? We will be on the CB Princess in October and having a Window Suite get full suite perks and the Thermal Suite is among them. Is it a steam room?

If you have had this experience we would greatly appreciate knowing in advance what it is.

Thanks

Synet165

The thermal suite is a room off the spa's main area that has heated tile? covered loungers. The light is dimmed and it's meant to promote relaxation and rest as you lie there in the quiet. We checked it out on our first Princess cruise as we first explored the ship and tried out the loungers during the spa tour. We went through the quick tour from a spa employee to get our sticker on the cruise card showing that we could use it for free. Second Princess cruise, I just walked up and asked for the sticker. Unfortunately, we never got the chance to use the perk the second time.

I haven't been on the CB (but will be in less than 2 months :D) but on the Emerald Princess in addition to the heated tile loungers (loved them!), they had 2 saunas (DH loved them) and 2 or 3 special showers. It was never crowded and we really enjoyed it.

There's also two steam rooms - one is aromatherapy steam (usually a peppermint or laverdar scent) and the other is a more intense regular steam.

I love the Thermal Suite and use it everytime I cruise on a ship that has one. It's great after a day on shore or a workout in the gym...and definitely on colder weather cruises. Totally perfect for relaxation - I usually sauna, steam and then wrap up and nap on the loungers...

Pardon my snoring!

• 2 weeks later...

I believe there is a thermal suite on the Emerald. Can someone tell me how much this will cost and is there a set time limit (in case one falls asleep ;))?

Also, can both my husband and I use it together or it use confined to a single sex ?

Thanks in advance.

The thermal suite is co-ed. I believe that the price may vary depending on ship, itinerary, etc. We were on the CB Princess in December and they wanted $199 for a weeklong couples pass. This was more than on our two previous cruises and I thought it was overpriced. So we just opted to pay for a one-day pass on one of the sea days and went once in the morning and once in the evening. You can also purchase the couples pass to the thermal suite that includes one visit to the couples rasul mud room. It's a private room with a shower and sauna and they give you exfoliating scrubs to use. I hope that you enjoy the room and that people respect your quiet relaxation time. It's kind of like being in a library where you should whisper or not be talking at all. Sometimes people don't get it and sit in there talking the whole time. Regarding the time limit, I believe they have a sign posted for the thermal loungers...something like 10-15 minutes. It really just depends on if you see people waiting. The aromatherapy steam room is super hot, so you don't have to worry about falling asleep in there. The other steam rooms are larger and I haven't seen an issue with people waiting. Be careful when you're opening and shutting the doors to the steam rooms. If you have them open for too long, the alarm will go off.

• 4 weeks later...

Can someone post the hours of operation? We are booked in the full suites, so if you could also advise what the best times to go when it's not busy, that would be great!

This suite thing is getting better and better as I continue my research!:D

Archived