Coffee Question/comment

Hockeylovinmom

We are Princess cruisers who most recently returned from a Hawaiian. We absolutely DO NOT care for the coffee at the buffet or dining rooms. We have purchased the coffee cards in the past and have been well pleased with the quality of that coffee. So here's the problem (Princess, are u listening?). I usually don't mind heading downstairs to the atrium during the day to people watch or relax, HOWEVER, I am not a morning person. I would like to be able to order my morning coffee via room service on my coffee card and get the good coffee. I was told I could not use my coffee card for room service. Why not? Has anyone else encountered this? I am very cranky without my coffee!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I was told I could not use my coffee card for room service. Has anyone else encountered this? I am very cranky without my coffee!

Everyone else has encountered us.

Room service only delivers coffee made from the syrup.

Sent from my decktop using MTF

Brewed coffee is not available via room service so no one else has been able to use a coffee card that way.

Coffee flavors and preferences are subjective. The vast majority of passengers have no issue with the coffee made from concentrate. Same for orange juice. If you prefer fresh brewed coffee, your option is to go to the International Cafe/Patisserie/Lobby Bar (depending on the ship.)

It's your choice.

Brewed coffee is not available via room service so no one else has been able to use a coffee card that way.

Coffee flavors and preferences are subjective. The vast majority of passengers have no issue with the coffee made from concentrate. Same for orange juice. If you prefer fresh brewed coffee, your option is to go to the International Cafe/Patisserie/Lobby Bar (depending on the ship.)

It's your choice.

I choose to buy the card because of the quality of the coffee otherwise. How hard would it be for room service to stop by the International Cafe to get some coffee for delivery? Just a thought.

I choose to buy the card because of the quality of the coffee otherwise. How hard would it be for room service to stop by the International Cafe to get some coffee for delivery? Just a thought.
Put it on your post-cruise comments. Chances are if they did offer this, they would add a $3 delivery charge for going out of their way to wait for a coffee to be brewed for you before delivering your breakfast. As you say, it's your choice.

I know where you're coming from and it would be great if they would deliver the IC coffee. My solution is to smile sweetly at my hubby and he goes for the

coffee while I get dressed.:D

Put it on your post-cruise comments. Chances are if they did offer this, they would add a $3 delivery charge for going out of their way to wait for a coffee to be brewed for you before delivering your breakfast. As you say, it's your choice.

Princess is clearly missing an up-sell opportunity here.

About eight or nine decks up and down travel from Horizon, where the stewards are based, trouble.

Sent from my HP Pavilion a6137cPC using keyboard:p

But would the coffee card people be willing to pay a $3 delivery charge on top of what they already paid for the card? :confused: If no one minds, then Princess should offer it.

Unless you are traveling alone, I've found there is usually one person in a party that is willing to make a trip to the IC or Horizon Court to bring back goodies. :D

The "up-sell" is the coffee card. :) Princess reads the boards, maybe they would offer this (for a fee) if enough people ask for it. Actually, that would put the room service people in a position of checking and/or punching cards, slowing down service. Maybe they should just offer brewed coffee for a fee without the card. KISS.

I know where you're coming from and it would be great if they would deliver the IC coffee. My solution is to smile sweetly at my hubby and he goes for the

coffee while I get dressed.:D

Works for me.:D:D He is up before the birds anyway.:eek:

The "up-sell" is the coffee card. :) Princess reads the boards, maybe they would offer this (for a fee) if enough people ask for it. Actually, that would put the room service people in a position of checking and/or punching cards, slowing down service. Maybe they should just offer brewed coffee for a fee without the card. KISS.

Pam, I like how you can focus on the "big picture" with this topic. I can see another option, however I'm not certain how or if it is feasible.

If there was brewed coffee being made in the galley, where the room service is picking up the meals for delivery, there would be no adding on travel time for the server. As for the additional charge, I was thinking it could be handled in the same way they charge for the room service pizza delivery.

I've never ordered room service pizza so I really don't know how that is handled.

There have been mornings where I (not the husband) have had to wait 15-20 minutes in line for my coffee in the IC. Not every morning but that's a long time especially after having a terrible night's sleep on the Princess beds. We've still yet to book a room that had a comfortable mattress. And before the end of the year we will have sailed 3 cruises or 40 days. Sigh :(

Pam,

BRILLIANT! If the coffee sent in the am was brewed I would gladly pay more. And I would also tip on top.

I guess the question would be how could you be sure that you got the brewed?

Taste? If you couldn't tell the difference, why would you pay extra? :)

The $3 charge for pizza was implemented to help control orders. Kids were constantly ordering pizzas delivered to cabins day and night with a lot of wastage.

Taste? If you couldn't tell the difference, why would you pay extra? :)

The $3 charge for pizza was implemented to help control orders. Kids were constantly ordering pizzas delivered to cabins day and night with a lot of wastage.

Yes, I understand that and I totally agree with its implementation. I am only wondering if the charge could be applied in the same manner.

The smiling sweetly at my husband never has worked for me, but I do meet a lot of accommodating husbands in the early morning at the IC. :-)

(Sorry, could not resist, my husband told me to write that. )

Very cute! I may have to rethink this coffee dilemma lotsocoffee.gif

I read a recent post saying that Princess is fully aware of the dissatisfication some have with their coffee from concentrate. Apparently the coffee machines on the Royal use ground coffee however some have posted they don't like that coffee either...just like some who don't like the brewed coffee at the International Cafe either.

Hopefully they'll replace the coffee from concentrate machines with ones using ground coffee in the HC & restaurants but even then not everyone will like it.

The taste of coffee is very subjective so it's impossible to make everyone happy short of us bringing our own favorite type...I'd bring 100% Kona for me! ;)

The taste of coffee is very subjective so it's impossible to make everyone happy short of us bringing our own favorite type...I'd bring 100% Kona for me! ;)

Of maybe just get some decent tasting syrup. They're not all as bad as what Princess uses.

That may be an option & if it pleases more coffee drinkers then certainly replace it. However the point I was making is that not everyone will agree about what is good coffee.

Some enjoy the coffee from concentrate...some say it's terrible swill; some enjoy the brewed IC coffee...some don't like it; some say they don't like the HC coffee but they do like the MDR coffee both made from coffee concentrate.

How does Princess decide which expert to use when there are so many experts who demand what they think is good? :confused:

I enjoy 100% Kona...some have posted how they don't like it; both are opinions however neither is a definitive answer that a majority could agree upon.

Archived