Will they ever build a smaller ship?

My largest ship to date as been the LOS, I am to old to do any rock climbing, Flowriders.:D I love to see new ports, meet new friends and enjoy the ship and if I finally do an Oasis Class it will be to spend time on the ship for a B2B and not the Ports. I find the Radiance Class is the smallest I will go. It would be nice to see a new Radiance Class maybe slightly larger but won't happen so for now I choose the itinerary then the ship.

It would be nice to see a new Radiance Class maybe slightly larger but won't happen so for now I choose the itinerary then the ship.

The CD mentioned the size would be limited to allow for going into the smaller ports. The 110KGT figure is the same as as Edge.

And when I say "smaller," I mean nothing larger than say Voyager. I haven't sailed on one of the larger ships, but it seems a lot of people here seem to prefer the smaller ones, like Radiance class.

Do you think they'd ever build a new, smaller class ship? Something without all the gimmicks, but maybe perfect some of the areas. For instance, maybe put an area out near the pool that offered light dining; sandwiches, salads, etc.

I was watching the Quantum video online this morning, and it just seems like too much stuff.

What would be your dream, smaller size ship? Do you think this is a market that RC isn't interested in any longer? Obviously, they don't seem to have any trouble filling them, but is bigger always better?

I'm with you! I would LOVE to see some brand-new smaller ships! :hearteyes:

So I imagine once the Grandeur is sold off they will no longer have those wonderful 12 night Caribbean cruises. We sailed many times from Baltimore on Celebrity as well as Royal Caribbean and loved the smaller ship experience.

Although we have always found what we like about the smaller ships while on the bigger ones, when looking back our BEST times were on the smaller.

bosco

So I imagine once the Grandeur is sold off they will no longer have those wonderful 12 night Caribbean cruises. We sailed many times from Baltimore on Celebrity as well as Royal Caribbean and loved the smaller ship experience.

Although we have always found what we like about the smaller ships while on the bigger ones, when looking back our BEST times were on the smaller.

bosco

Understand, size matters. But with the exception of Oasis all the other Classes have been and are still sailing longer 10, 11 & 12 cruises. They also do the longer Repo cruises like the 12nite BOS/FLL I do every yr and the new 18nite each B2B Panama Canal I'm doing in Feb/Mar 2019. Will always be longer cruises, take 4-6 cruises each yr all longer, all on Radiance and Vison class. Haven't done a 7nite cruise since 2002 myself.

Edited by ONECRUISER

I

agree with the above.......................

I also like the Radiance class of ship. Don't like the excessive "attractions" - eg things like bumper cars etc. Ships with too many attractions end up costing quite a bit more for those who don't care to use them.

Understand, size matters. But with the exception of Oasis all the other Classes have been and are still sailing longer 10, 11 & 12 cruises. They also do the longer Repo cruises like the 12nite BOS/FLL I do every yr and the new 18nite each B2B Panama Canal I'm doing in Feb/Mar 2019. Will always be longer cruises, take 4-6 cruises each yr all longer, all on Radiance and Vison class. Haven't done a 7nite cruise since 2002 myself.

My post was actually aimed at the port of Baltimore as far as 12 days Caribbean cruises.

bosco

The way I see this, the cruise lines are looking at the younger market as they will be supporting the cruise lines for a long time over us older folks. :) so they are building the larger ships with more bells & whistles because that is what is attracting their passengers. For myself, I look for the itinerary, a particular size ship doing them with what I am looking for and to meet people.

On Grandeur last month, this was asked at a couple of events.

Every time, the response was Royal understands that the smaller ships have a very loyal following, and they do want to continue to accommodate those cruisers.

Grandeur may be small, but she sails full a LOT of the time. A lot of people (me) love her. And Baltimore is very close for several large metro areas. Within a couple of hours max from Richmond, DC, Baltimore, Philly, and their surrounding areas.