A picture of you please...

My favorite dress of our cruise in 2009 when my husband and I renewed our vows for our 30th anniversary.

ry%3D480

Gerry

Your vow renewal dress is gorgeous! Is that beading or embroidery on the bodice?

This is the dress that I have in:

This black, royal blue, navy, white, & silver

100_2742_zps936d1077.jpg

I love this dress! Do you recall the "make and model"? ;)

I own two versions of this same dress: one in a purple and brown "bubble" pattern fabric and one with a large red-orange topical flower pattern on a cream background. They are a very flattering style (as you see from arhillbilly's gorgeous picture!) and very easy to wear. Completely wrinkle free jersey, easily packable.

Mine are two different brands (purple is "Connected Apparel" -- same as the silver one arhillbilly is wearing -- purchased at Ross. My red-orange floral, "Maggy L", Steinmart.

This, in my opinion, is the future of "dressy" cruise dressing! (As are long jersey gowns, too.)

here is a daytime look when we were on our Panama cruise in 2010.

ry%3D480

Gerry

Panama? I think your ship went off course -- it appears you must be cruising near Australia!! :)

Cute outfits, BTW. Do you and your hubby always match? :D

Your vow renewal dress is gorgeous! Is that beading or embroidery on the bodice?

Thank you so much!

It has both embroidery and beading. I fell in love with it the first time I put it on at the bridal shop and my husbands face said it all.

Hi all.

I love this thread! Such a great idea & very helpful for first time cruisers like Myself. I am struggling to find something for formal nights. Can someone tell me if the below picture, taken of myself recently, is the dress appropriate? I'm 32 & far from a size 0 lol. I feel it maybe a little "night club" like? Any feedback, good or bad is appreciated :)ImageUploadedByForums1373321886.731788.jpg.e3590dc8493e65cfb4e5341e3b42eeb1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Panama? I think your ship went off course -- it appears you must be cruising near Australia!! :)

Cute outfits, BTW. Do you and your hubby always match? :D

It is funny but we usually do. Most of the time it is without even trying. I guess when you are with someone for 36 years you kind of start thinking alike.

We usually do try to match on formal nights but for everyday wear it is purely by accident.

Thanks

Gerry

Hi all.

I love this thread! Such a great idea & very helpful for first time cruisers like Myself. I am struggling to find something for formal nights. Can someone tell me if the below picture, taken of myself recently, is the dress appropriate? I'm 32 & far from a size 0 lol. I feel it maybe a little "night club" like? Any feedback, good or bad is appreciated :)[ATTACH]278387[/ATTACH]

Many women wear cocktail length dresses for formal night. What line are you sailing?

Hi all.

I love this thread! Such a great idea & very helpful for first time cruisers like Myself. I am struggling to find something for formal nights. Can someone tell me if the below picture, taken of myself recently, is the dress appropriate? I'm 32 & far from a size 0 lol. I feel it maybe a little "night club" like? Any feedback, good or bad is appreciated :)[ATTACH]278387[/ATTACH]

I think your dress would be perfect. I usually wear a long dress for the first formal night & then a cocktail dress for the 2nd. but what ever your comfortable wearing is just fine. You'll see just about EVERYTHING on formal nights. Don't stress yourself out by worrying what to wear, go & have fun. HAPPY CRUISING ! :D

Hi all.

I like the dress and the way it fits you. All of the cruise lines I've looked at say cocktail/semi-formal dresses are fine for formal (or whatever the cruise line calls it) nights.

Hi all.

I love that dress! I've been on the Liberty before and you will be fine for formal night.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

I am going to go to marshall's in the AM to look for the dress. Thanks for sharing where you brought it and the price.

I hope you can find it or something similar as I'm in Canada and I got it last year.

Let me know how your search turns out :)

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

My hubby and I like to dress up....

CopyofFormalnight2001-HDR_zpsf45dbae4.jpg

and dress down. Yep, jeans in the MDR :eek:;). It was a motorcycle cruise and I wanted pics to remember it by. I did reserve this "style" for our first night on board. The leather hung in the closet for the rest of the cruise!

Leather_zps02c463ab.jpg

My hubby and I like to dress up....

CopyofFormalnight2001-HDR_zpsf45dbae4.jpg

and dress down. Yep, jeans in the MDR :eek:;). It was a motorcycle cruise and I wanted pics to remember it by. I did reserve this "style" for our first night on board. The leather hung in the closet for the rest of the cruise!

Leather_zps02c463ab.jpg

Sharon, great pics and I love the style of your dress. Absolutely gorgeous.

Debbie

Hi all.

I absolute love that dress and it looks amazing on you! I think the length is perfect and there's nothing wrong with a little sparkle!

Hi all.

Oh you look fine. I am planning on bringing 2 dresses similar to that on my cruise next month.

Thank you! I am familiar with that "Connected" brand! I would love to find it in that sparkly black fabric! Perfect dressy LBD! :D I am off to GOOGLE it now!

Bonnie, Not sure what size you would wear, but I am getting ready to sell the navy blue dress (after my trip when I have my yard sale) because it looks to much like the black one. The tags are still on it. Let me know what size, if you are interested

Arhillbilly, when you are in Az on your way to Tucson stop in and say hi. Drop me an email and I will give you the address and phone number. Would love to meet you and the kids can swim in the pool while we have a good visit.

Have a great day everyone.

Gerry

Gerry, what part of AZ are you in? I'll drop you an email tomorrow sometime. Thanks. It would be nice meeting you also

Bonnie, Not sure what size you would wear, but I am getting ready to sell the navy blue dress (after my trip when I have my yard sale) because it looks to much like the black one. The tags are still on it. Let me know what size, if you are interested

Gerry, what part of AZ are you in? I'll drop you an email tomorrow sometime. Thanks. It would be nice meeting you also

We are in the most western and almost the most southern part of AZ that you can get. I live less then a mile from the AZ/CA border and less the 7 miles from the Mexican border.

My email is in my siggy.

Have a great evening,

Gerry

Is the blue dress sparkly too? I love the sparkles of the black dress! :D I am 5' 7" and about a 12/14 (depends on the style and make of the dress).

Also wanted to point out that my husband and I lived in Arkansas for several years back in the late 70's (he was stationed at Little Rock Air Force Base). Lovely state! Still have very dear friends in Little Rock!

Hi all.

I LOVE your dress! You look awesome! Go for it! :D