A picture of you please...

You know, people think Florida must be awful in the summer, but if you are living in the right part of it, it's really not too bad. It is muggy, but where I live (near Sarasota very close to the shore on the gulf coast) it almost NEVER gets to 90. It's almost always 85-87 for a high and 75-77 for a low during summer months. And of course everything is air-conditioned too.

I spent most of my life in upstate NY where very few had A/C except maybe a window unit in the bedroom, and it could be quite miserable in hot weather! And don't even talk to me about Iowa where I lived for the last 12 years--hotter than my Florida town most every day in summer and brutally cold in the winter. (I loved everything about my Iowa town except the weather--it just finally got to be too much for me!)

We live in a VERY funky state. I live in Jacksonville and inland.....

and we get to the mid 90s in the summer and it is VERY humid

here:eek:

Let's see if this works. Formal night on my June cruise. I was having a horrible time with my hair and skin. Everytime I looked in the mirror I would find 5 or 6 new whiteheads. It was horrible!

ry%3D400

2010 Cruise (I guess we skipped formal night pics in 2011 and 2012)

ry%3D400

2009 cruise

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

You know, people think Florida must be awful in the summer, but if you are living in the right part of it, it's really not too bad. It is muggy, but where I live (near Sarasota very close to the shore on the gulf coast) it almost NEVER gets to 90. It's almost always 85-87 for a high and 75-77 for a low during summer months. And of course everything is air-conditioned too.

I spent most of my life in upstate NY where very few had A/C except maybe a window unit in the bedroom, and it could be quite miserable in hot weather! And don't even talk to me about Iowa where I lived for the last 12 years--hotter than my Florida town most every day in summer and brutally cold in the winter. (I loved everything about my Iowa town except the weather--it just finally got to be too much for me!)

I would love to live all year in Florida. I love the Space Coast. We live across the street from the beach in Fl. We are out side of Rochester NY in the summer and I can't wait to fall to get back to Fl in the fall.

Ladies all of you look beautiful in your outfits. I would not mind going shopping in your closets!

I would love to live all year in Florida. I love the Space Coast. We live across the street from the beach in Fl. We are out side of Rochester NY in the summer and I can't wait to fall to get back to Fl in the fall.

Be very careful what you wish for... I live in SE Florida year round!

Ladies you are all beautiful. I like someone else s challenged in the picture part of posting.

All these cruises were on the Norwegian Star...the photographers are the best!!

Caribbean Cruise March 2013

File2_zpsb8f89e89.jpg

File_zps94f3d513.jpg

TA April 2013

File8_zps1afa6ea0.jpg

TA April 2013

100_3358-Copy_zpse9cc3a29.jpg

TA April 2013

100_2742_zps936d1077.jpg

Caribbean Cruise Feb 2013

100_2535_zpsa11aaf9a.jpg

T, figure out how to upload one or two to CC with it's strange rules as to where it will accept photos from....

If your pics are on Facebook or Flickr, you just have to copy and paste. I haven't tried to do any from anywhere else. Also, those of you trying to get your pics from camera to computer, you don't need a cord, take the memory card out of your camera and put it in the slot (USB??) on your computer. If you have Windows, the photo gallery will pop up automatically and ask if you want to upload your pictures. That's what mine does anyway...YMMV!

Sorry, I wasn't trying to make things difficult:eek:

I guess ya'll live in the Northeast. I live in the South and a/c is nice

and cool here:)

Actually, I live in the Mountain West. I've lived here for 30+ years and I've never wished for A/C so much as I have the last 3 weeks. I'm living in my running clothes in the house and outside - it's just too dam* hot for anything else!!!!

If your pics are on Facebook or Flickr, you just have to copy and paste. I haven't tried to do any from anywhere else. Also, those of you trying to get your pics from camera to computer, you don't need a cord, take the memory card out of your camera and put it in the slot (USB??) on your computer. If you have Windows, the photo gallery will pop up automatically and ask if you want to upload your pictures. That's what mine does anyway...YMMV!

I don't do Flickr and I don't do much on Facebook. Most sites I'll post an occasional photo to (like TripAdvisor) allow me to port directly from my MacBook to their site. Makes it soooooooooooo much easier. With my iPad, there's no SD card (that's the card, not the USB, which is the cable port), so you do have either buy a cable specifically to port from your camera to the iPad or buy a cable that has an SD card reader on it that plugs into the iPad (what I have)... Then, my iPad automatically syncs my photos to my iPhoto repository on my MacBook... don't need much more.

Okay - thought I would try posting from FB as I have not done that before - so I don't really wear dresses - but since reading these boards I am 'hankering' to try one out - maybe a maxi - except I am short and round and not sure what that would look like let alone the hemming nightmare!!

Here is a pic of me in Vegas wearing some 'daytime bling'!

23804_1408756462295_1054750_n.jpg

That's the Baby Jesus pose! I didn't get a Teddy Bear though!

File2_zpsb8f89e89.jpg

534911_10200462963688332_1290450519_n.jpg

Never heard it called a Baby Jesus pose. I have heard it called a cheerleader pose....

I have this pose on EVERY cruise (my photographer friends on board always asks me when I am going to do "my signature pose" LOL). I have also bought pictures on almost every cruise because they are the best that I have ever had made. However, I now have all these pictures of me that I don't know what to do with ;)

Let's see if this works. Formal night on my June cruise. I was having a horrible time with my hair and skin. Everytime I looked in the mirror I would find 5 or 6 new whiteheads. It was horrible!

ry%3D400

2010 Cruise (I guess we skipped formal night pics in 2011 and 2012)

ry%3D400

2009 cruise

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Blonde1981. You are beautiful! Love you all your picture. Very nice to meet you.

Marie

All these cruises were on the Norwegian Star...the photographers are the best!!

File2_zpsb8f89e89.jpg

File_zps94f3d513.jpg

TA April 2013

File8_zps1afa6ea0.jpg

TA April 2013

100_3358-Copy_zpse9cc3a29.jpg

TA April 2013

100_2742_zps936d1077.jpg

Caribbean Cruise Feb 2013

100_2535_zpsa11aaf9a.jpg

Hi sis! Where have you been? Did you go on a cruise? Beautiful pictures. You look fantastic in all the dresses.

Hugs

Marie

Okay - thought I would try posting from FB as I have not done that before - so I don't really wear dresses - but since reading these boards I am 'hankering' to try one out - maybe a maxi - except I am short and round and not sure what that would look like let alone the hemming nightmare!!

Here is a pic of me in Vegas wearing some 'daytime bling'!

23804_1408756462295_1054750_n.jpg

Wynn Hotel? You look fantastic. Thank you for posting. Very nice to meet you on CC.

Marie

Wynn Hotel? You look fantastic. Thank you for posting. Very nice to meet you on CC.

Marie

Thank you Marie - and I must say I LOVE LOVE seeing all your lovely outfits and how beautiful you look in them! :)

...and the pic is from the 'backyard garden' area at the Flamingo (altho I did visit the Wynn and had the pleasure of dining at The Alex - WOW is all I can say!)....