A picture of you please...

A lot of you have posted your personal style preferences. You have plenty of advice for other cruise members. It would be nice if you could post a picture of you in your lovely dress or gown; after all, this is a fashions board.

Have a nice day.

M

P.S. Kudos for those ladies who have posted a picture of you.

Edited by Porthopper101

First, great topic Marie!

My personal style starts with my hair cut and color. I do not like to blend in with the crowd and go for an edgier look than most women in the Knoxville area. I am 41 and very tall, so finding clothes that fit my style and my height can be tricky. I have posted several pictures of my gowns and dresses on other threads, but I don't think I have posted a close up shot of the hair style that started my style change.

Hair_zpse5b49edb.jpg

Lisa

My personal style starts with my hair cut and color. I do not like to blend in with the crowd and go for an edgier look than most women in the Knoxville area. I am 41 and very tall, so finding clothes that fit my style and my height can be tricky. I have posted several pictures of my gowns and dresses on other threads, but I don't think I have posted a close up shot of the hair style that started my style change.

Hair_zpse5b49edb.jpg

Lisa

bootifull!

Okay, why not. My hair changes depending on the dress, sometimes it's up, sometimes down. With the blue dress below, I have two beautiful hair pins with blue rhinestones and a blue feather bouquet that I put in my hair in the back. Sounds weird, but it looks really nice.

The one in the blue gown is from almost two years ago. I've been waiting to try it on again since I've been working with a personal trainer now for more than a year and am considerably toned, and thinner. I absolutely love this gown! It has a small train and it's just a fun dress to rock. The other picture is from last August. It's a $12 sundress from Target with a unique hooded-type cover that I made for my mother years ago, yet it looks expensive in person. Probably helps that I carry a vintage Judith Leiber purse with it. LOL

Wish I had a picture of me in the red evening gown I wore for New Years. It's going with me in November on my cruise. :)

IMG_3533a

oasislvs1a

Where is the LIKE button? I love this. (Great thread Marie!)

Hair_zpse5b49edb.jpg

Lisa

I've posted some of me trying on dresses but the first one here was taken on my last cruise. I decided to go find the photographers on the ship and go with what they wanted me to do and give a genuine smile. I actually got some photos of me that I liked. The second shot was taken as we got off the tender and I walked over, posed, and smiled. The photographer was actually surprised.

530535_4886309996172_1537410212_n.jpg

74639_10200241915871149_1134889325_n.jpg

Hair_zpse5b49edb.jpg

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for posting the beautiful picture of you. I love you hair cut. Last week I promised you I would post a picture of my hair cut, here it is :D. BTW, you are a baby. I turned 57 yesterday.

9008011350_89c70b418d.jpg

99% of my posts are at the recycling clothing among cc members. For those of you who do not know me, you can find my pictures here http://www.flickr.com/photos/mpell/collections/

Style is a personal statement. Unless you can see the poster in her picture it is not personal. A picture is worth a thousand worlds.

M

Marie, that is so cute on you! Makes you look 37 instead of 57, not that you ever looked 57! BTW, YOU are a baby. I'll be 61 :eek: in September.

I'm convinced that 60 really is the new 40.

Hi Lisa,

Thank you for posting the beautiful picture of you. I love you hair cut. Last week I promised you I would post a picture of my hair cut, here it is :D. BTW, you are a baby. I turned 57 yesterday.

99% of my posts are at the recycling clothing among cc members. For those of you who do not know me, you can find my pictures here http://www.flickr.com/photos/mpell/collections/

Style is a personal statement. Unless you can see the poster in her picture it is not personal. A picture is worth a thousand worlds.

M

Hi Lisa,

Hi Marie,

I love your haircut! I think short cuts are so much fun and so versatile. I don't see myself ever going back to long hair.

Lisa

Well here is a pic of a pic (thus the flash tie effect going on) of formal night 2 on our recent cruise and the one wedding dress photo I've been able to get sent to me so far! It's of me and a teacher friend I refer to as my "baby momma" ... she is due in October.

While everyone is showing their short hair ... here's as short as I've gone recently .. it was the beginning of this school year. The kids freaked out. They were used to the more hair version of me.

Personal style wise ... I do love my fur vests, scarves, chunky jewelry and boots!

And, while I'm at it, a repeat of the picture of me in Lisa's old/my new dress that I wore the first formal night on our recent cruise.

I love your pictures, especially the one from your wedding. You look stunning! :D

Lisa

This picture was taken for a Special Dinner in one of the Specialty

Restuarants......I am in the middle in the black and white maxi dress.

7278978278_5080840e2e_b.jpg

Red dresss......where?:D

Lois, you always look put together and appropriately dressed.:)

Thank you:) it is the only time I ever have a chance to

dress up.

I have other pictures dressed casually too but most times the gals

on here want to see the "dress up" ones;).

Have to go through my things and decide what to bring to

Bermuda:D

You all are gorgeous. I am one of those people who hate pictures especially for the past year as I chopped my hair because I had no choice as it was breaking from medications I was on. I then decided to go really blonde - platinum and now I like it.

I turn 50 on July 30th and fly to Amsterdam tomorrow evening to spend a few days and then set sail on Sunday afternoon

Here is a picture of me and my 3 boys. One of the few pictures of me I like

ImageUploadedByForums1372915494.032790.jpg.4bae52fd7c594d87775b930600774b38.jpg

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app