A picture of you please...

Thanks Marie!

A pleasure to meet you as well. I hope I'm as fabulous as you are when I get older.

Awww...you are so sweet. I am just an ordinary person who like you; love fashions. We are very lucky to able to take much longer cruises. Our next cruise is also a world cruise. So yes, shopping is a must.

Take care and have a fantastic day.

Marie

attachment.php?attachmentid=278631&stc=1&d=1373558132

Hi Marie I keep trying to post a photo of me on the Q.M. in April. Not had much luck. I will keep trying. It must be my 73 year old brain. Hope you are recovered from the Surgery.

Best wishes

Marlene from the U.K.

Marlene!!! It is so nice to see your post. I am still disappointed we did not get to meet on our last cruise. Are you going to cruise on any of the Queen soon? Perhaps next year on the Queen Victoria. I hope to meet you one of these days.

Very best regards.

Marie

Marlene!!! It is so nice to see your post. I am still disappointed we did not get to meet on our last cruise. Are you going to cruise on any of the Queen soon? Perhaps next year on the Queen Victoria. I hope to meet you one of these days.

Very best regards.

Marie

No we have no plans as yet for another cruise . But we live in hope. Yes I would like to try the Queen Victoria or Elizabeth, too.

You never know we may bump into each other yet!!

Best Wishes

Marlene

110332709_AustraliaAndQM2404.jpg.947051fb5ba78a09a8e864c3c6252dcc.jpg

Glad you are joining us. I have taken pictures of all my cruise clothes so 1) I know what I have, 2) I can play mix and match with the separates and 3) I can daydream about my cruise without having to pull everything out of my cruise closet. Looking forward to "seeing" you in your finery when you return. Have a great cruise!

Scrapnana

Did you see my post about the mobile app for android called Stylish Girl?

You take a pic of each piece and identify it as top/bottom, etc and season and casual/dressy and you build your wardrobe and then you can flip through the line of tops, flip through the line of bottoms underneath it and mix and match and include shoes and accessories! You can save "outfits" and you can actually "pack a suitcase" with what you want to take! You can literally do 30 pieces in less than half hour - probably more.... I move pretty fast because I use the "speech to text" function on my phone to just say the keywords or tags I want attributed to each piece, like cruise, evening, etc. but you don't have to put any tags at all if you don't want - just makes it easier to go search all of your "nautical" or "evening" wear.

I love it! I wish the pics of the clothes were a bit more clear or detailed, but they serve the purpose fine. I lay in bed at night and choose my outfit and accessories for work the next day without standing in my closet!

Debbie

Does QVC still have outlet stores? They used to have one in Virginia Beach and I went in a few times when I was down there and picked up some great buys. Unfortunately for me, they closed it.

I agree with your husband's description of the dress. It is perfect for cruising. Yet again someone has found a great buy at Ross. When I go in I find nothing I would want even if they were giving away clothes!

We used to have a QVC outlet here in Wilmington, Delaware. But, it also recently closed.

Regarding "Ross"...I visited yet another "Ross" store today (in Wilmington, Delaware) and scoured the store from stem to stern and, like you scrapnana, I found nothing that I would want even if they were giving it away! And NONE of Arhillbilly's dresses to be found.

Yesterday's "Ross" store (in Lancaster, PA) was similar for me with the obvious exception of my totally awesome (and tastefully alluring) little black dress (with just the right touch of bling). After today's "Ross" adventure I realize that my find yesterday was very lucky! :eek::D I must admit that both of these "Ross" stores felt dirty and disorganized. They did carry higher end "name brand" clothing though, but the shopping experience was akin to shopping at a giant used thrift store (of which I don't mind doing, but it just wasn't what I was expecting and may not be the "norm").

I am, however, grateful to whomever it was who first mentioned "Ross" to me, because otherwise I would not have found my new LBD! ;) I am satisfied enough with it, that I do not feel the "need" to continue to search!

Oh, by the way, the dresses that I did see, yesterday, that were like Arhillbilly's dress were a brand called "Enfocus". Just in case anyone cares. ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=278631&stc=1&d=1373558132

Hi Marie I keep trying to post a photo of me on the Q.M. in April. Not had much luck. I will keep trying. It must be my 73 year old brain. Hope you are recovered from the Surgery.

Best wishes

Marlene from the U.K.

I used to get those little black boxes with the X in them when I first started trying to post pictures.:( Then I found the photography board and this wonderful thread. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1714741 If you still have trouble, post on there and someone will come along and be able to answer your questions. You can also practice posting pictures (you will see a number of my attempts) there.

Edited by Scrapnana

I tried to post this before, but the photo never appeared (even though I saw it in the preview.) I am trying again.

Carnival Fascination, July 2009

ry%3D400

Great Pic and I love your dress !!!

take care and a good weekend coming up

Cathie :)

No we have no plans as yet for another cruise . But we live in hope. Yes I would like to try the Queen Victoria or Elizabeth, too.

Best Wishes

Marlene

Just loved your dress !

Have a good weekend coming up

Cathie :)

Bonnie Voyager

All Ross stores are NOT created equally. I've heard much of what you said about your shopping experience about Ross stores but my local one defies all other descriptions. I don't know.....maybe because it's right next door to a TJMaxx and they feel they need to keep up appearances. Selection here is usually quite good. Does having a giant Ross distribution center outside of town have something to do with that? Who knows?

People have also said the merchandise is "old" season. Two weeks ago I bought a Jones New York top at a major department store, well major for my area. Saw the same one currently at Ross. Also, any number of times I've seen the same things at both Ross and TJ at the same time.

I tried to post this before, but the photo never appeared (even though I saw it in the preview.) I am trying again.

ry%3D400

The color and pattern of your dress go perfectly with the banister.

Bonnie Voyager

All Ross stores are NOT created equally. I've heard much of what you said about your shopping experience about Ross stores but my local one defies all other descriptions. I don't know.....maybe because it's right next door to a TJMaxx and they feel they need to keep up appearances. Selection here is usually quite good. Does having a giant Ross distribution center outside of town have something to do with that? Who knows?

People have also said the merchandise is "old" season. Two weeks ago I bought a Jones New York top at a major department store, well major for my area. Saw the same one currently at Ross. Also, any number of times I've seen the same things at both Ross and TJ at the same time.

Our Ross store is nice as well. Always clean, well displayed with lots of current merchandise. Do I find something I want everytime I go in--No. But I can say the same for Kohls or any other clothing store too.

I've heard people in other states complain and say theirs is not so nice. I guess we just lucked out here in the valley. :)

If anyone is cruising out of Fort Lauderdale, check out the Ross near the port on SE17th St. It's big and bright and fairly new and it is kept neat and clean so far. I'm not a Ross fan though...I rarely find anything I want to try on and I've never bought clothing there. The prices are great though, so I will try again. If this particular Ross was closer I would go more often, but it's 25 minutes away. A new Ross is going to be opening closer to my house in north Fort Lauderdale, so I'll probably go in there occasionally....it's in the same mall as Target, Marshall's, Homegoods, and TJMaxx!

If anyone is cruising out of Fort Lauderdale, check out the Ross near the port on SE17th St. It's big and bright and fairly new and it is kept neat and clean so far. I'm not a Ross fan though...I rarely find anything I want to try on and I've never bought clothing there. The prices are great though, so I will try again. If this particular Ross was closer I would go more often, but it's 25 minutes away. A new Ross is going to be opening closer to my house in north Fort Lauderdale, so I'll probably go in there occasionally....it's in the same mall as Target, Marshall's, Homegoods, and TJMaxx!

Hi Sharon:)..I went to that Ross when I was in Ft. Laurderdale back in

April:D...close enough to walk to from The Renassiance:)

And I found a cute pair of crop pants in a fun pink color and a pretty

white top with some pretty open work around the neckline. I think

both items came to 25.00 or something;)

Both of the Ross stores that I visited this week were in "not so nice" areas (which is probably why I didn't realize they were even there). To the contrary, our T.J.Maxx and Marshall's stores are quite nice...however they too are hit and miss when I am looking for something in particular!

Marie, I want to apologize to you for turning your awesome "getting to know you" thread into a Ross store sparkly dress scavenger hunt! ;) But, it just goes to show you that all of us who have posted on this thread, share a common bond...we are all interested in seeing what everyone else wears on their cruise! :D

We are all more alike than different! ;)

Marie, I want to apologize to you for turning your awesome "getting to know you" thread into a Ross store sparkly dress scavenger hunt! ;) But, it just goes to show you that all of us who have posted on this thread, share a common bond...we are all interested in seeing what everyone else wears on their cruise! :D

We are all more alike than different! ;)

Hi Bonnie Voyager,

No problem at all. I enjoy reading about Ross. Perhaps when I am able to walk I should take a trip to Ross.

Have a great day.

Marie

Best Wishes

Marlene

OMG Marlene! I remember seeing you in the King Court and down the shops area. I wish I had a picture of you before our cruise. I never forget the face.

I am very happy many of you have posted your picture. I hope to bump into you in the near future :D

Marie

BTW, Marlene, I love your picture; you are beautiful. Hugs

I foolishly didn't have any pictures taken (or take any myself) of me in my formal night outfits. Next cruise with formal nights, I will! But here's one of me with my Portugese musician boyfriend on my fall TA last year. :) I do clean up pretty well, honest, but in this pic I'm dressed for comfort and makeup-free!

1244562885_TACruisePortugal.jpg.6b834bc9c074f9212561ea3c0710b88b.jpg

ry%3D400

The color and pattern of your dress go perfectly with the banister.

Yeah, isn't that weird? It could be camouflage...

Thank you all for the compliments on the dress -- it is a "scarf" dress -- you know, the kind that is made up of just three large scarves ingeniously sewn together into a halter dress. Purchased at Ross many years ago. It has a "handkerchief" hem -- shorter in front, longer on the sides. I added the ribbon which wraps around, criss-crosses, and ties at the waist, to give it some shape. Otherwise it resembles a tent! It's an orange, teal and gold geometric print, actually, but could pass for tropical, or banister chic! :)

Found a link to the style of dress mine was, in case my description made no sense... in this case, the fabric pattern and color are different than mine. http://s7.thisnext.com/media/largest_dimension/D8AEC59F.jpg

Edited by SeagoingMom

Lois I live about 16 miles from the QVC studio!!! But the shopping is great right here in Delaware, because we have no sales tax!

I visited my first "ROSS" yesterday! Found "the" dress ($14.99) in various prints that I did not like, but no solid color sparkly ones I did get to try the dress on for fit though and I loved the style of it! If I see it somewhere in a print or color I like, I will pick one up!

But, while at "Ross", I stumbled across a little black dress that I did fall in love with ($16.99) and it came home with me! I tried it on for my hubby and he loved it too. He called it "Tastefully Alluring"! ;) (In other words, sexy without being "slutty")

68244_10152519999579460_290359071_n.jpg

25990_10152519999424460_886642328_n.jpg

Beautiful dress. I LOVE the way the dresses fit......and the way they hide the belly....LOL.....I did find the black sparkly dress today but it was a size 16

Love that dress Bonnie - so cute - and the price is right! :)

I was at the local Winners the other night scanning thru the dress rack - and then I saw it and I said 'look there's arhillbilly's dress'!!! :D:D....too funny - it was in red/plain - and I even checked the label and it was by Connected!!! LOL

oh to funny.....I have seen the dress in the plain red, but with red hair, most of the red dresses clash with my hair........