A picture of you please...

I wasn't going to play, but decided to go ahead and post a picture. This is me maybe 3 years ago. I'm trying to get my hair back to that length and am almost there. I live in the Mojave desert and this is on Laurel Mountain, 10 minutes from my house. Ours is a very isolated town. I can walk to Laurel if I wanted to (and providing I brought enough water!) and in fact would love to plan this as a day hike.

In any case, here I am in the Winter of 2011.

101_0196.jpg

I love that picture! Where is Laurel?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Laurel Mountain is in Ridgecrest, CA. Ridgecrest is off 395 where it merges with the 14 on the way to Bishop. There's a big Navy base there. Yes, the Navy has a base in the middle of the desert! :p

We are neighbors, California speaking! I am in Apple Valley. I knew the geography looked familiar.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Hmmm.....nobody else wanna show themselves? Chickens! :D

LOL...I do not think they are chicken. I think some might worry about putting themselves on the internet. Whatever their decision, I respect them. To me, giving advice without posting a picture is like buying a dress with only a description.

Take care & have a great day.

Marie

I wasn't going to play, but decided to go ahead and post a picture. This is me maybe 3 years ago. I'm trying to get my hair back to that length and am almost there. I live in the Mojave desert and this is on Laurel Mountain, 10 minutes from my house. Ours is a very isolated town. I can walk to Laurel if I wanted to (and providing I brought enough water!) and in fact would love to plan this as a day hike.

In any case, here I am in the Winter of 2010.

101_0196.jpg

Hi Fyfree39,

Thank you for posting your picture. I love it! I know exactly where you are. My family has been taking 395 to Lake Tahoe for the last 30 years. We always spend the last week of July and first week of August up there. I am going to be home this year; my foot is still in a cast.

Have a great weekend.

PS. We usually leave our house around 5:00 am and always stop at The Village Cafe for breakfast.

So wonderful to see all the lovely ladies!

Marie, hope you are healing quickly.

Will attempt my very first photo in this website.

Emerald Bay Lake Tahoe? Love it! Thank you for posting the picture and the get well wish :).

My daughter and grandson last year picture up Lake Tahoe

9329482288_39104ed40d.jpg

My daughter's friends

9329482900_797be63e92.jpg

LOL...I do not think they are chicken. I think some might worry about putting themselves on the internet. Whatever their decision, I respect them. To me, giving advice without posting a picture is like buying a dress with only a description.

Marie

I'm not chicken, I can't get pictures to post (easily). They are always "too big" and I don't know how to resize them.

Marie

Marie,

You are right!

Edited by geocruiser

Okay, to let you all know where this wonderful lake is-- Harrison Lake near a small town called Agassiz in British Columbia,Canada. (My photo and lake)

A very cold lake, deep and fed by spring run water from the mountains.

Right now we are by a tiny lake in the Okanagan of BC, which is known as the Arizonia of the North!:)

Attached is a vineyard photo as this area is famous for over 100 wineries!

image.jpg.82c3bf16035eeac222d674ac57866d06.jpg

Okay, to let you all know where this wonderful lake is-- Harrison Lake near a small town called Agassiz in British Columbia,Canada. (My photo and lake)

A very cold lake, deep and fed by spring run water from the mountains.

Right now we are by a tiny lake in the Okanagan of BC, which is known as the Arizonia of the North!:)

Attached is a vineyard photo as this area is famous for over 100 wineries!

I remember well how beautiful it is in your part of the country. Sigh.

And Marie, wave to me as you pass through Victorville/Apple Valley! My college roommate live in South Lake Tahoe and I loved going home with her. I see that beautiful you has a beautiful daughter and grandson. Lovely shot.

Fyree, I have had lunch in Ridgecrest numerous times when work took me to Trona. :eek::eek:

I am enjoying seeing everyone in "real life" shots as well as in formal wear. It gives me a sense of who you are.

I don't post on this board very much, but I do a lot of lurking. Here is a pic of my DH, my stepson, and myself on our first cruise this May.

32602_10200195746596750_1781830762_n.jpg

A Very lovely family. Love the picture. Thank you for posting. I am please to meet you.

Have a great Sunday.

Marie

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/q71/s720x720/1003445_10201798996085377_688240524_n.jpg

this is cut and pasted from f/b. not sure if this will work either.

This was take in June 2013 aboard Liberty of the Seas in the Med.

Hey msdebbe! I was also on Liberty of the Seas in the Med in June 2013! Maybe we were on the same trip?

993629_10152547354859460_202250758_n.jpg

Edited by Bonnie Voyager