Things that can spoil your cruise vacation.

drfun48

omg. I understand that this is a " critics" forum, but really.. complaining about grinding your own pepper? or chocolates not on your pillow.. come on..

if you were paying for the suite with the full butler service... then maybe.. just maybe it would be justified.. get real..

really would you seriously let these things ruin your holiday...

get over it..

(((( Ohhh noooo! Now you are going to get us Aussies a bad name in the humour stakes!! ))))

On my last cruise - 17 nights - the cabin steward was SO lazy he left all the towel animals on my bed ... one for each night of the cruise.

Where was I supposed to sleep amongst this zoo? Lucky I had the cabin to myself!

Love this thread :D

Anyone else found themselves having to put their own food on the fork, lift it to their mouth and insert without assistance from the waitstaff? All this hype of luxury cruising, excellent service, etc, is a bunch of BS....

SHOCKING!:eek:

The thing I REALLY hate is getting off the ship to go home to a house where there is no food. I just sit there the first night with an unfamiliar pain (I realized it was hunger) and cry. I really think we just should be able to take one of the crew members off the ship with us (just for a few days) to help make the transition back to real life a little easier.

It's just so unfair dammit!!

As a first time cruise I was shocked to discover that not only am I expected to book and PAY for my own cruise, but I also have to select my own cabin, decide what time I want to eat and organise my own specialty packages.What sort of cruise line is this?

Im very surprised that no one has yet commented on the one thing that affects us all from the penthouse suite to the inside cabins ...

The environmentaly friendly toilet paper. :eek:

Why oh why can't we have sheets of hand woven silk to caress our delicate behinds ? :D

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

The thing I REALLY hate is getting off the ship to go home to a house where there is no food. I just sit there the first night with an unfamiliar pain (I realized it was hunger) and cry. I really think we just should be able to take one of the crew members off the ship with us (just for a few days) to help make the transition back to real life a little easier.

It's just so unfair dammit!!

Thats so funny, I totally agree!! And the having to think about WHAT we will make to eat? and then having to actually go and buy the stuff and cook it ourselves! Torture! This actually does really happen to me, I get home and go into shock for a few days!

Edited by louise1809

Thats so funny, I totally agree!! And the having to think about WHAT we will make to eat? and then having to actually go and buy the stuff and cook it ourselves! Torture! This actually does really happen to me, I get home and go into shock for a few days!

These are ALL the steps for 1 stir fried pepper:

*get dressed

*drive to store

*park the car

*pick out the pepper

*buy the #* pepper

*pay for it and bag it

*drive back home

*take it out of the bag

*get out the knife

*and the pan

*and the oil

*and the wooden spoon

*wash and cut the #$! pepper

*cook the %^$!pepper

*eat the (&*! pepper

you're not done yet!

*clean the pan, the spoon, the fork and the plate!

PS - we are leaving for a trip to Bermuda in an hour and I get to eat all the damn peppers I want this week!

Edited by barbaragrace

Last cruise I asked for a table that seated eight for my wife and me.

Sure enough we got it, BUT they put six other people at it !

Didn't they realize I just wanted to spread out and not be bothered by the conversation and eating of others ?

**break from humor for one second please** Last time we hid from muster, there was a note in our room. ** we now return you to you regularly scheduled humor or humour if you are from the wrong side.

Besides, why can't my steward just go to muster for me?

Did the note sentence you to swabbing the decks?

My cabin kept swaying side to side, and I can tell you that Marriott never does that! The hotel director gave me some excuse about the ocean currents and weather... Ugh, whatever dude.

Well, you obviously have never stayed in a Marriott in southern California!

Did the note sentence you to swabbing the decks?

I hate to answer because we just exited humor, but it was very lengthy and boiled down into you should have gone, and please familiarize yourself with your escape route etc.

I dislike tendering, so I really don't understand why the captain can't just put the bow of the ship onto the beach for me.

I hate to answer because we just exited humor, but it was very lengthy and boiled down into you should have gone, and please familiarize yourself with your escape route etc.

(Wow, weird -- you thought I was serious...)

I dislike tendering, Do you find tendering tough? (Think about it...;))

so I really don't understand why the captain can't just put the bow of the ship onto the beach for me.

Well, there's your mistake right there -- you should have requested your muster-missing punishment be walking the plank -- after the captain backed the ship up to the island, you could be first to set foot on land. :D

"Things that can spoil your cruise vacation".

Absolutely perturbs me...that at the Molecular Bar when I order certain fancy concoctions...I have to WAIT for the liquid nitrogen to evaporate before imbibing ??!! I mean, what if I am really thirsty ??!! :mad::D

Course, I guess my vacation really would be spoiled if I didn't !!

Well, there's your mistake right there -- you should have requested your muster-missing punishment be walking the plank -- after the captain backed the ship up to the island, you could be first to set foot on land. :D

;) Think I'll ask next time.

Last cruise I asked for a table that seated eight for my wife and me.

Sure enough we got it, BUT they put six other people at it !

Didn't they realize I just wanted to spread out and not be bothered by the conversation and eating of others ?

I received instructions on how to make my own towel animal! And paper towels to do so!

LOL at both of you!

And what about our luggage? Our stewards are neglecting their responsibility to carry it from the airport or pre-cruise hotels for us. They won't even let us into our cabins when we embark so that we can unpack our carryons and arrange things properly.

Gidday everyone.

I have read soooooo many threads on lots of cc boards that have a common cruise ruining aspect, children.

Yes, those who breed, that bring their mini me's with them on vacation.

Confession time here, yes, I am a breeder and yes, I travel with the aforementioned mini DH (aka DS,16) and mini me (aka DD,13).:o

Now although the kids enjoy the kids clubs, the buffet and various other activities on board, DH and I are still expected to be parents!:eek:

Yes, I know!;)

Where do these other passengers get off?:rolleyes:

I am on vacation too!

Haha, loving this thread.:D

PS - For the record our kids actually enjoy spending time with DH and I and, as far as I am aware, have never run anyone down in the hallway, bombed anyone in the adults only pool or pressed all the buttons of the elevator and gotten out.

God bless you all:)

TraceyG

I was eagerly anticipating my first Celebrity cruise until I learned that in all likelihood, there would be no celebrities on board. I may need years of therapy. :p

Caused me to LOL! I am hoping there will be Someone to lift me over the door jam, but I guess that's asking too much? (Would help the unemployment situation tho!)

Edited by ccruisequeen

And what about our luggage? Our stewards are neglecting their responsibility to carry it from the airport or pre-cruise hotels for us. They won't even let us into our cabins when we embark so that we can unpack our carryons and arrange things properly.

And why exactly should you have to "arrange things properly"? Shouldn't the cabin stewards take care of everything for you?

Gidday everyone.

I have read soooooo many threads on lots of cc boards that have a common cruise ruining aspect, children.

Yes, those who breed, that bring their mini me's with them on vacation.

Confession time here, yes, I am a breeder and yes, I travel with the aforementioned mini DH (aka DS,16) and mini me (aka DD,13).:o

Now although the kids enjoy the kids clubs, the buffet and various other activities on board, DH and I are still expected to be parents!:eek:

Yes, I know!;)

Where do these other passengers get off?:rolleyes:

I am on vacation too!

Haha, loving this thread.:D

PS - For the record our kids actually enjoy spending time with DH and I and, as far as I am aware, have never run anyone down in the hallway, bombed anyone in the adults only pool or pressed all the buttons of the elevator and gotten out.

God bless you all:)

TraceyG

Little do you know. I actually have pictures of your DC's doing all of those things and more. Some you really don't want to go public on YouTube. So, what's it gunna be? I'll be down your way next Sept and we can settle up. What ya say?

And why exactly should you have to "arrange things properly"? Shouldn't the cabin stewards take care of everything for you?

Good point! And the steward should know by mental telepathy where we want everything placed. We would hate to see the stewards bored, without anything to do.

Good point! And the steward should know by mental telepathy where we want everything placed. We would hate to see the stewards bored, without anything to do.

Yes, finally someone understands. They should do something for the dollar that I generously give them.