Things that can spoil your cruise vacation.

drfun48

And what about that in-room ice service? I mean, they just fill up that silver ice bucket 2-3 times a day! Do they really expect me to walk all the way across the room and put the ice in my own glass?? :eek: ;)

(Great thread -- thanks for the Independence Day chuckle! :D)

OH NO !!! Thread hijacked by a serious response .

Redtravel's just trying to outdo you in the humor department!! And I think he/she is actually winning at this point! (who would have thought!?)

Keep the humor flowing -- I'm loving it! :D

I recently heard that the Rum Raisin ice cream will now only have 1 raisin. Apparently there is a shortage of raisins worldwide, and Celebrity is rationing.

That can only be a good thing, as it means proportionately more rum! ;)

My cabin kept swaying side to side, and I can tell you that Marriott never does that! The hotel director gave me some excuse about the ocean currents and weather... Ugh, whatever dude.

I'm going on my first ever cruise on Saturday and now you tell me I have to grind my own pepper.

Can someone urgently confirm that my personal waiter still cuts up my food and chews if for me.

I am truly disgusted if I wanted to pepper my own food I would have booked with Norwegian Cruise Line.

So nice to see that a sense of humour has returned to these boards..if you guys are an indication of guests I will meet on my first Celebrity cruise in November I will look forward to it with even more anticipation.

Sue

Huh? I always thought that freshly ground pepper was a step up from a common pepper shaker. And how in the world would this equate to a decline in service? Did you require your waiter to sprinkle the pepper from the shaker for you in the past? I don't get what this complaint is about! :confused::confused::confused:

??? Did you not get that this was a joke?

You won't believe what I had to do.... I had to push my own elevator buttons. Imagine that people, I was on a 14 day cruise and pushed my own BUTTONS. How will the cruising industry survive all these cutbacks??? What next, will we need to cook our own food, mix our own drinks at the bars (actually, this would be nice :):) )

You won't believe what I had to do.... I had to push my own elevator buttons. Imagine that people, I was on a 14 day cruise and pushed my own BUTTONS. How will the cruising industry survive all these cutbacks??? What next, will we need to cook our own food, mix our own drinks at the bars (actually, this would be nice :):) )

My last cruise, when I went into the elevator, all the buttons were pushed. Didn't have to do a thing. :cool:

I learned on my last cruise during the muster drill that not only was there no priority seating on life boats for Elite CC, but that my premium drink package would be of no use to me since there was no bar on the life boat.

Might as well be on the Titanic,at least they had ice.

Edited by drfun48

When I tried to sneak in a mason jar of good Georgia moonshine, it was promptly confiscated, only to turn up on the counter at the Molecular Bar as one of Junior Merino's fancy concoctions, with a "My Name Is" sticker that said 'Junior's-DO NOT TOUCH!'