Things that can spoil your cruise vacation.

drfun48

omg. I understand that this is a " critics" forum, but really.. complaining about grinding your own pepper? or chocolates not on your pillow.. come on..

if you were paying for the suite with the full butler service... then maybe.. just maybe it would be justified.. get real..

really would you seriously let these things ruin your holiday...

get over it..

And it was just that run of the mill (pun intended) black pepper, not the red green and black stuff that looks so good in the jars.

No, I demand freshly ground pepper. I just don't expect to have to do it myself after a hard day at the beach or lifting numerous martini glasses ,tiring my wrists. I want to have my waiter or assistant haul one of those six foot mills to my table and do his job.

The problem is you need to conserve your strength. Tell them to leave the olive out of your martini so it won't be so heavy to lift.

Of course there have been many cutbacks over the years. Celebrity cruises used to be more expensive and you got more stuff. As the competition picked up, they cut prices to keep business. It's a trade off. Celebrity is just trying to be competitive. I am elite. I like most things on Celebrity. . .

omg. I understand that this is a " critics" forum, but really.. complaining about grinding your own pepper? or chocolates not on your pillow.. come on..

if you were paying for the suite with the full butler service... then maybe.. just maybe it would be justified.. get real..

really would you seriously let these things ruin your holiday...

get over it..

******QUICK EXPLANATION FROM THE SENSE OF HUMOR COPS*******

To the, "Sense of humor impaired" . . . You see, sometimes a thread is started to have a wee bit of fun. Did you read the whole thing before jumping in? It's a joke (funny story: a story, anecdote, or wordplay that is intended to amuse).

Thank you.

PS: Ozzy, love the name, but probably not a Black Sabbath thing . . .

Seriously? I'm becoming alarmed! We cruised on Freedom of the Seas in May and our vacation was ruined when we discovered that there were no more Royal Caribbean pens or stationery in our desk drawer. Please tell me that we will find Celebrity pens and stationery in our room when we sail on Connie this Fall. I don't want another vacation ruined.

I had no idea what day it was on one of my cruises because the mats in the elevator were always upside down. I went to guest relations and they just laughed at me. The worst service I have ever seen!

Why does everyone on board keep telling me to "Have a nice day." Don't I have enough pressure on me already as evidenced by what we are reading in this thread ?

Yeah, why don't they realize that maybe you've made other plans. :confused::confused::confused:

I absolutely LOVE this thread. I check it first thing every day so I start the day off smiling. Thank you drfun48 for starting it and thanks to everyone for adding to it!

Thanks but I didn't mean to start anything, I just felt I had a legitimate complaint about the requirement that I grind my own pepper that needed to be addressed.

Now I have to read about all the other serious deficiencies and the deterioration of service on a once proud cruise line. I never dreamed there were so many serious problems.

I think I need to take a cruise to feel better,but will I, given the current state of service ?

A friend just back today told me he had to lift his own weights in the gym , that he found three unpopped kernels in the popcorn in the cinema , and the escargot was full of stuff that tasted like snails.

Edited by drfun48

What really grinds my gears are these silly scheduled departure times from ports... This is MY vacation, I should be allowed however much time on an island or port to enjoy MY cruise...without having to worry about the cruiseship departing if I don't get back on time!! I mean really, don't they know who is paying the big bucks to be on their cruiseline??!!

What really grinds my gears are these silly scheduled departure times from ports... This is MY vacation, I should be allowed however much time on an island or port to enjoy MY cruise...without having to worry about the cruiseship departing if I don't get back on time!! I mean really, don't they know who is paying the big bucks to be on their cruiseline??!!

Be careful here. This thread was supposed to be funny only. Yours sounds way to reasonable and I found myself actually asking why do they have to leave at 3:30 PM to get to the next port at 4:00 AM?

What I want to know is why do they have to have menus in the MDR. They should already know what I want.

Be careful here. This thread was supposed to be funny only.

What I want to know is why do they have to have menus in the MDR. They should already know what I want.

Right?? And why is there only one special day for "Lobster Night"?! I should be able to order lobster for every meal if I want to....

Yeah, and speaking of departure times, it spoils my cruise every sailaway! There I am, chatting away at the Sunset Bar, G&T, nice new friends and interesting conversation.... next thing we're moving! How many times am I going to sailaway from Cochin or Oman? I've paid a small fortune for this spectacle. Can't they wait until I'm ready to set off without me missing half of it? :mad:

ps I love this thread.

A friend just back today told me he had to lift his own weights in the gym

Say it ain't so!! But yanno, I found that to be true at the local gym also (just one more reason I don't go anymore). It's one thing to have to lift your own weights at home, but when you're on a cruise is it too much to ask to have some tall, buff, tanned hunk do it for me while I lay in a chase with one of those umbrella drinks?

I visited the library and had to read the book myself. Not only that but I had to choose it and lift it down from the shelf! These austerity measures have gone too far.

I will get my butler to write a letter of complaint as soon as I get on my next cruise!!

Say it ain't so!! But yanno, I found that to be true at the local gym also (just one more reason I don't go anymore). It's one thing to have to lift your own weights at home, but when you're on a cruise is it too much to ask to have some tall, buff, tanned hunk do it for me while I lay in a chase with one of those umbrella drinks?

Sounds like a plan to me!

I was going to book an inside cabin but they said I would have to help row or deliver breakfast. I know the cabin is cheaper but this is going too far.

Yes, but in the good old days at least they put the oar out into the ocean for you and played nice drum music - now you fix your own oar and the techno, erzatz drum noise makes you lose your stroke. :mad:

Sounds like a plan to me!

Hey!:( Get back to work making dinner! (See you in a few hours;)).

Harumph...maybe I a cruise? And since I met Karynanne on CC, and since I was only on CC because of taking a Celebrity Cruise, I think Celebrity should pay...and they had better grind my pepper for me!

Andrew

Why not, if we can have Select Dining and eat anytime, how hard can it be to have Select Embarkation at every port? No one should have any need to be faster than the slowest cruiser.