Things that can spoil your cruise vacation.

drfun48

I am a realist. Not everything is perfect. Not everyone likes the same thing. You seem to be very unhappy with Celebrity. Perhaps Celebrity is not for you. Most people who cruise on Celebrity have a good time. Many return. Some do not. There are a lot of different options for cruises. As I stated a few years ago, I still enjoy Celebrity cruises. I still miss some things. Whatever you do for your next vacation, relax and enjoy.

I think you may have misunderstood the context of this thread (shame there is no tongue-in-cheek smiley).

Your sentiments are legitimate for most other threads - perhaps not so much for this one;).

couple of things deeply upset us.

The cruise didnt start well. It was suggested we arrive at 2pm to board in southampton (the cheek). Well we havent booked a 14 day cruise to miss out on lunch on day 1, so we turned up at 11. To my horror many other people had done the same, and the queues were terrible. Well it took us at least 40 mins to park our car, go through security, check in and get on board with all the queuing, pathetic. Celebrity really need to sort this out. A professional cruise line should be able to deal with checking in 2000 people even if they all turn up at the same time.

The muster drill was a nightmare. Modern luxury i think not. Wouldn't it be easier to just have it available as a video on demand on the tv and if we need it, then we watch it.

The balcony cabins are a joke. Celebrity really messed us about - week 1 on our med cruise , every morning we got glorious sunshine first thing on our balcony, then week 2 i don't know what they did but it stopped and we had to sail all the way back to southamton not getting any sun on the balcony until later in the day, that's not what we paid for.- what are celebrity playing at? I was so furious i cancelled the cabin gratuities. Cunard managed to get this right on a 7 day ta so why cant celebrity on a 14 day cruise?

Another thing we found infuriating was the general chumminess of the staff. Too smiley and friendly by half. We generally prefer staff to be seen and not heard and if they can avoid eye contact all the better. It is really most unnerving feeling that someone is watching you waiting for you to finish your meal so they can remove your plate. This is not what i call good service. My good lady wife even went as far as to say she found the service creepy. She said at times it felt as though they were trying to "anticipate" our needs. This was so not what we expected we cancelled the tips.

The mdr was a joke - for 14 days we had a completely different menu each night with a bewildering choice of about 30 items. Who goes on holiday to eat foreign muck like s cargo?? Who in their right mind would eat steak in tartar sauce?? Not once did i see old english favourites like tripe or dripping or angel delight. I asked one night if cook could rustle us, a traditional english mixed grill (sausage, eggs, bacon, black pudding, rump steak, baked beans, chips, gammon and peas), well the look i got!! Outrageous. If my local pub can do this why not celebrity? I hope the gastropub will be able to.

Also is it really asking too much to be want to be addressed by name by all staff? The only person who managed to do this was a cabin steward. If a little guest house in blackpool can remember our names, i find it amazing that celebrity can't.

I like to be up early on my holidays and reserve several sun loungers at different locations so i can take my pick later in the day and move if the whim takes me, i also like to block out a couple of sunloungers either side, so as not to spoil the view and give me a bit of elbow space. Outrageously, on several occasions a servant had the audacity to leave a card suggesting this was not allowed. This is not modern luxury!

By the way i'm a future elite.

LOL! Loved this!

I am a realist. Not everything is perfect. Not everyone likes the same thing. You seem to be very unhappy with Celebrity. Perhaps Celebrity is not for you. Most people who cruise on Celebrity have a good time. Many return. Some do not. There are a lot of different options for cruises. As I stated a few years ago, I still enjoy Celebrity cruises. I still miss some things. Whatever you do for your next vacation, relax and enjoy.

Are you for real? This entire thread is a big joke. Lighten up and laugh with the rest of us. Loved the spoof post.

As a newbie to Celebrity i am very grateful that my fellow CCers are here to help temper my expectations. Based on this thread I am coming to the realization that an unlimited supply of blue bottled vodka will not be included as an amenity in my upcoming Skyy Suite! ;)

As a newbie to Celebrity i am very grateful that my fellow CCers are here to help temper my expectations. Based on this thread I am coming to the realization that an unlimited supply of blue bottled vodka will not be included as an amenity in my upcoming Skyy Suite! ;)

You must get a new TA. If you currently have a reservation for a Skyy Suite, then you most certainly should have your own bottle waiting for you to enjoy as you see fit. After all, it is a Skyy Suite, so it's already assumed that your litre will be waiting for you. Now, on the other hand, if your TA booked you in only a Sky Suite, you're SOL.

You must get a new TA. If you currently have a reservation for a Skyy Suite, then you most certainly should have your own bottle waiting for you to enjoy as you see fit. After all, it is a Skyy Suite, so it's already assumed that your litre will be waiting for you. Now, on the other hand, if your TA booked you in only a Sky Suite, you're SOL.

Darn, should have checked the fine print. I thought it was just another Celebrity website error....:o

Walking out to the pool deck, seeing a cadre of males wearing inappropriate Speedo's :eek:. My cruise is ruined! =X= should be responsible for posting warnings :cool:

kind of gives a new meaning to "deck chair hogs":rolleyes:

As Dirty Harry Callahan once said, "A man has to know his limitations" :eek:

I've just had an email to tell me my edocs are ready - what??

Why is there not a butler knocking on my door with a gold envelope with then already pre printed. While he is here, he could put my luggage tags on and pack my bags. Do I really need to do this for myself?

A serious decline of service

At the very least they should have trained owls to deliver your EDOCS (and luggage tags). Dangit, if Harry Potter can do it, why can't Celebrity?

Is there an appropriate speedo?

Saw this guy so big, the only way you knew he had a speedo was to see him from the side. God, I just wanted to pour rubbing alcohol in my eyes after seeing that!

Edited by keithm
spelling

I can't believe how much things have gone downhill.

I put a hat on a chair in the morning at 7:00 to hold my deck chair, and when I went back at 3 PM (can't sit there in the heavy mid-day sun, after all), the hat was gone, AND SOMEONE WAS SITTING IN MY CHAIR. Worse yet, the pool staff refused to kick them out of MY CHAIR. They gave my back my hat, but what kind of service is this?

This kept happening all week. I mark MY CHAIR and somebody else takes it and nothing gets done to get them to go somewhere else! Worse yet, my DW went down earlier and tore pages from a magazine to tell people which of the 10 deck chairs our family owned, and STILL someone removed those.

I'm appalled. Do I have to pay off the staff to simply keep my chairs from being stolen by the riff-raff?

It is outrageous - what does X thing- giveing us all this OBC- drinking packages - and so such things. What the heck should one do with all this OBC- I never got a few recomadations how to spend all that money- on cruise one can expect not to think! Okay they try- at least try- to help you- on each entracne all around the ship they position their waiters to ofer you discounts for the Spec. Restaurants...! Who wants to dine in the Spec. Restaurants when one can have nice dinners in the MDR- what should one complain about if not the MDR- food- they really should help us more... !

Edited by Germancruiser

It is outrageous - what does X thing- giveing us all this OBC- drinking packages - and so such things. What the heck should one do with all this OBC-

Phew, that's rough! I tried to spend my OBC on duty free alcohol and was warned that the US only allows 2L duty free. The need to stop selling so many options if that is the case!

Last cruise there was no rifle on my balcony so I could not practice my skeet shooting.

They actually expected me to ride on a little boat to go ashore, if the captain is so bad at parking he can not get close enough to the dock they could at least helicopter me over to the dock.

I went to the friends of Bill meeting, and there wasn't a single friend of my dad Bill there. Even worse there was no bar service.

In the buffet I waited almost 20 minutes to eat after I got my food because no one came by to put my napkin in my lap.

Even though my feet and ankles were clearly swollen no one came around as I lay on the lounge chair by the pool and rubbed my feet.

Well this has really hacked me off.

15 months ago we were on a caribbean cruise. met some great people from canadia and CelX then put us on the same boat trip jan 2015. They have put us on the same trip with them again in january 2016. Terrible they have such a small choice of trips[emoji33]

on the 2015 cruise we met a further 4 brits and 2 non-clamato juice drinking Canadians ( is that an Oxymoron) Celx have put us all on the same trip january 2017.

To cap it all we are staying in Manchester Airport on Saturday, off on a Med Cruise. the brits mentioned previously are off to greece and staying in the same hotel !

Now we have to have dinner with them and smile and laugh etc. Such a terrible endurance.

Celebrity. You have a lot to answer for [emoji12]

Edited by gcgold