Bringing my own booze on board

How easy is it to bring a bottle of booze on board the EOS? I was thinking of putting it into my carryon bag but wasn't sure what they would do if it was found when I go through security at the port. Any suggestions? Thanks

How easy is it to bring a bottle of booze on board the EOS? I was thinking of putting it into my carryon bag but wasn't sure what they would do if it was found when I go through security at the port. Any suggestions? Thanks

Just came off of VOS today. Put a bottle of scotch in my suitcase and it was there when my bag arrived at the cabin. Also took some bottled waters and soda... Saved some money on the trip for sure....

Put some in your checked luggage. I've done it and worked every time, no problems. Box o' wine works quite well.

DO you happen to know if a box of wine will fit in mini fridge? Would like to bring White Zin along with us but it needs to be chilled.

For spring break sailing on the Mariner a group of 24 we took on 5 cases of beer, 3 bottles of liquor and 2 bottles of wine with no problem. Most of the beer was taken on with a cooler on wheels, that we checked in with the luggage, their only requirement is that you fix the cooler where it can not be opened (either tape it shut or wrap bungee cords around it) everything else was either toted or checked in luggage. Saved a fortune

I had heard a rumor that they have 'glass detectors' I thought this was crazy but have heard it more than once. On the Elation i just wrapped the 2 bottles i took in t shirts and then when our lugaged arrived there they were. Wondering if I could get away with a 12 pack of beer?? I see some have gotten away with more!!!:eek:

San Juan on the Adventure....There was a liquor store right there in the cruise terminal before you got on line to check in!! So, we bought a few bottles and put them in our carry on...Naturally the bag went thru the security x ray screening, but they didn't say anything...everyone brings stuff on board.

We brought 3 bottles of wine with us packed in bubble wrap and zip lock bags. No one said a word. We even brought the wine to dinner and were not charged the corking fee. We also bought some beer (cans) in port and brought them on board withont anyone saying a word. Saves a lot of extra cash for other things.

DO you happen to know if a box of wine will fit in mini fridge? Would like to bring White Zin along with us but it needs to be chilled.

Buy the 3 liter box, it should fit, plus it will not leak if on it's side. Go for it!:D

Buy the 3 liter box, it should fit, plus it will not leak if on it's side. Go for it!:D

Only problem is that the fridge does not actually "chill" anything - keeps things cool, but certainly not chilled. We had to ask for a large ice bucket to chill our wine.

We have always taken our own liquor on board with no problem. I found some leakproof plastic bottles at a Container Store that don't absorb or impart tastes or smells. They hold a quart of liquid. I pack them in our checked luggage - much safer than glass. I even have a smaller container for my olives!!

Our first cruise several years ago was out of San Juan so we were familiar with the setup there - but other places seem to be different. Although the fine print with all cruise lines says 'no alcohol to be brought on board', as my TA pointed out the only person who can report you is your cabin steward or butler -- and there goes the tip!!!!

On our last cruise on Celebrity in Jan. the staff were confiscating any liquor brought on board from ports and holding it till the end of the cruise. I assume they also were taking stuff from carryons when embarking.

We also tried the old ploy (successful in the past) of attempting to talk the shop clerk on board into giving us purchased liquor "under the table" for consumption on board. We were told that some cruise staff had been fined (and even fired) for doing this so they would no longer do this. Our understanding is that the "no alcohol" rules are not instituted by the cruise lines, but by some governing body.

We have purchased alcohol at ports and just carried it on the ship and nothing was ever said

They took all the alcohol that we purchased in port on our 6/12 cruise on Explorer. It was no problem; we really did buy it with the intention to take it home. If you do buy in port and want to bring it to your room, put the bottle in your beach bag. Don't bring a cardboard 'liquor" box on board.

We usually purchase a bottle of scotch for my husband in the on-board shop. Even with the extra they charge if you bring it to your room, it's about what he would pay at home, and less hassle. We bought two bottles on board (it was a "2 for" price.) Took one to the room and the other was delivered the next-to-last morning, with the rest that we bought in port..

:)

I always bring my alcohol. I put it in a 20 oz plastic coke bottle and then put it in a Ziploc bag. Then put in my checked luggage. I also have some small airline bottles that I bring and keep refilling. This way I have them with me, instead of having to go back to cabin. I also buy a drink card.

On the VOS they had a special the first day, buy 3 bottles on ship and get 4th free and could bring back to cabin, with no corkage. It was cheap, but I chose Vodka and made screwdrivers with the free oj for breakfast.

On the VOS we figured that one of our tables would come out cheaper buying a bottle of Crown Royal, pay the corkage, and get a drink card, and it would be cheaper than buying the drinks on ship.

We ALWAYS bring special wine aboard. We’ll have some in bubble wrap and two gallon zip lick bags in the suitcase and one or two in the carry –on. Never had it taken away – or had anyone say anything. If you take the wine to the dining room – be prepared to pay the corkage – $10 or $12. Some cruises or even evenigns we’ve been charged the corkage fee and some we have not. Go figure!

Cheers

Marci

And I'd like to thank all of you who smuggle alcohol onboard. This may explain why my drinks were $8.00 a pop. They're going to make the money on drinks, whether or not you all buy it onboard. We are all just making up for those that don't buy drinks onboard. At least that's my opinion anyway. Flame away.:p

For spring break sailing on the Mariner a group of 24 we took on 5 cases of beer, 3 bottles of liquor and 2 bottles of wine with no problem.

That cracks me up!!:D And here I have been guilt-ridden taking along a bottle or two each time we cruise...

Archived