La Patisserie on Island Princess

Alaska0799

Wondering about the hours of operation of La Patisserie on the Island, particularly how early we can get our first cup of good coffee!

The Island has the International Cafe update. The IC has 24 hr good brewed coffee.

Island does not have IC; Coral does.

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/slideshow/AlbumID=4230192023/PictureID=161672820023/a=2520751023_2520751023/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

For some reason I cannot upload this file, so hopefully this snapfish link works. This is a photo of the Patisserie on Island; pretty much a regular bar with a coffee brewer and platters of pastry out front. You can see the bartender reaching for the coffee pot. I was down there 6:30-7ish every day and was able to get coffee.

Island does not have IC; Coral does.

http://www2.snapfish.com/snapfish/slideshow/AlbumID=4230192023/PictureID=161672820023/a=2520751023_2520751023/otsc=SHR/otsi=SPIClink/COBRAND_NAME=snapfish/

For some reason I cannot upload this file, so hopefully this snapfish link works. This is a photo of the Patisserie on Island; pretty much a regular bar with a coffee brewer and platters of pastry out front. You can see the bartender reaching for the coffee pot. I was down there 6:30-7ish every day and was able to get coffee.

Here's your photo. All I did was to click on your link and then click on the photo and then do a copy and paste so you see the photo below. Easy to do.

232323232%7Ffp54365%3Enu%3D3672%3E447%3E3%3C4%3E27634474%3B5257ot1lsi

Tom:)

The deck plan for the Island Princess shows no International Cafe.
The Island Princess is scheduled to be updated October 12, 2014 with the IC. There's a huge gap in the cruise schedule and her next cruise isn't scheduled until November 26, 2014 so it's likely she'll get not only the IC but a bunch of other features.

The Island Princess is scheduled to be updated October 12, 2014 with the IC. There's a huge gap in the cruise schedule and her next cruise isn't scheduled until November 26, 2014 so it's likely she'll get not only the IC but a bunch of other features.

Wow Pam! Looks like we will be joining you on this cruise. Look forward to meeting you!

Can we buy a "coffee card" on the Island? On Crown last Fall we bought a card with like 15 "punches" for Lattes and with it they would give us plain coffee for free. Anything like this on Island?

Yes, they have the same card. You can preorder on the Princess site in the gift area if you wish $31. (they had quite a few interesting items there) Of course, you can buy on board as well.

When we were on the Island for our Panama Canal cruise this January the hours for the Patisserie were 6:00am to 11:00pm. Fresh brewed and specialty coffees were available by 6:30am at the latest.

Thank you, that's music to my ears!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamloops50 viewpost.gif

The Island has the International Cafe update. The IC has 24 hr good brewed coffee.

The deck plan for the Island Princess shows no International Cafe.

Lew

Ah, the beauty of cruise critic. Just pick the answer you like!

With the Coffee Card, will they let you fill your own cup on the Island Princess? Thanks.
We had no problem having them fill the insulated coffee cups we bring on board. Have even been able to get just hot water for me to make my own tea.

Can we buy a "coffee card" on the Island? On Crown last Fall we bought a card with like 15 "punches" for Lattes and with it they would give us plain coffee for free. Anything like this on Island?

If you have any punches remaining, bring the card with you. The punches do not expire. The unlimited brewed coffee/tea option does expire at the end of each cruise, but you can still get brewed coffee/tea by having them punch your card.

If you have any punches remaining, bring the card with you. The punches do not expire. The unlimited brewed coffee/tea option does expire at the end of each cruise, but you can still get brewed coffee/tea by having them punch your card.

When we were on the Diamond two weeks ago. We where able to use our unused cards (punches left) for brewed coffee . Even one card that was marked for the Emerald was allowed for brew coffee.

Yes, and then check. Everyone makes a mistake. There is no IC according to the Princess website.

If I am going to check the princess website, and accept that,

then why ask here at all?

But, you're right -- this case could have been a simple mistake.

But, there are so many inaccurate, sweeping, pronouncements

here that it is comical...