Solo Cruiser's Roll Call

42CruiseCrazy

I'm going solo on my very first cruise in February. As an introvert I usually keep to myself. I think of this cruise as a safe way for me to grow and expand my comfort zone. As I get closer to the cruise date I realize I'm excited to explore, meet people and have the vacation I've always dreamed of. It's cool because the only one I have to make happy is me. :).

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Go for it--with gusto!

My DH passed away in 2013 and cruising was so special for both of us. We had cruises already booked and paid for through 2014. I took my SIL on one of them and on my last one, on September 20th, I took my son, who's married with children of his own. He would not let me go by myself. Well, while onboard he bought the alcohol package, a massage and $179 worth of merchandise from the spa. He also bought me flowers for my birthday, which was Sept. 21st.

As we all know, it's easy to hand that sign & sail card to a merchant onboard without realizing that it will appear on the final statement, which was attached to my AX card. The bill came and I didn't say a word to him nor did he ask about it.

I know if I told him how much it all came to he'd be more than solicitous in wanting to give me money. He's a very hard worker and is sending two children to private school with college in their future - He really has his hands and finances full. He only came along on the cruise because he didn't think I should be traveling alone.

I've booked two cruises for 2015 and I promise you, I will go alone! I won't be able to cruise much in the future if I keep allowing family "to keep me company!" I could NEVER let my children pay for anything for me. It's my own fault!

Anybody going on this cruise? I lost my girlfriend who was going and now faced with going solo or cancel (I would lose 25% ). I cruised solo by choice last November, and had always said after that I wouldn't go solo again, I am quite introverted.

Bob

Bob. If you want to do this cruise and can afford to go solo Do it. There are more solo women than men on the cruises I've been on. If you get out of your comfort zone and make the effort to be friendly you can meet people and have fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anybody going on this cruise? I lost my girlfriend who was going and now faced with going solo or cancel (I would lose 25% ). I cruised solo by choice last November, and had always said after that I wouldn't go solo again, I am quite introverted.

Bob

Bob, I suggest you go solo. Have a great time on your own. Like someone else said just smile be chatty and relax. Enjoy!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

Bob

Bob check out the roll call for your cruise. Introduce yourself online and get to know some of the people before hand. I am pretty introverted myself but found the rollcalls and the sail away parties at the beginning of the cruise a great way to meet people and get out of my comfort zone. I actually find it easier to talk to people on a cruise. You already have something in common cruising.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Tapatalk

I agree with everyone who says just smile and relax. I've looked at the Cruise Compass for my trip in January and realized just how much stuff there is to do. I've always overlooked lots of things because my ex wasn't interested, now I get to do them all. Free champagne at the art auctions-even though I won't be buying anything its still nice to pretend, salsa lessons, maybe a show or two. Heck I might even take a nice long nap in the afternoon so I can go dancing until dawn with the young kids.

It is true, your vacation really is what YOU make it:D

Patty

Booked my first solo cruise!!! Going on NCL Pearl Dec. 11-22, 2014 out of Miami. Anyone else going? They have a 150% rate for singles and thought it was a good deal for this time of year.

Any tips or comments on the Pearl as it has been a long time since on a NCL -- way before the anytime dining, etc.

Hope some of you are on this cruise.

Booked my first solo cruise!!! Going on NCL Pearl Dec. 11-22, 2014 out of Miami. Anyone else going? They have a 150% rate for singles and thought it was a good deal for this time of year.

Any tips or comments on the Pearl as it has been a long time since on a NCL -- way before the anytime dining, etc.

Congrats..!! booking was the hard part. Now the fun begins. Figuring out what to bring and deciding on excursions to take.

Have an awesome time

Patty

The first thing I tell all my friends and family who have booked solo is don't plan your trip "thinking solo!"

Plan with "involvement" in mind. I'm not saying every minute of every day but do plan excursions, daily activities [even if it means going to afternoon tea] or a game of trivia, art auction, playing bingo, going to dance lessons or riding a bus on a tour or going to a lecture onboard.

There's lots of choices of what to do and it's all up to you as to how much or how little you involve yourself.

I love to sit on my veranda and read a book or go to a lounge and be amongst others and read or just people watch. It's YOUR cruise do what makes you happy! ♥

The first thing I tell all my friends and family who have booked solo is don't plan your trip "thinking solo!"

Plan with "involvement" in mind. I'm not saying every minute of every day but do plan excursions, daily activities [even if it means going to afternoon tea] or a game of trivia, art auction, playing bingo, going to dance lessons or riding a bus on a tour or going to a lecture onboard.

There's lots of choices of what to do and it's all up to you as to how much or how little you involve yourself.

I love to sit on my veranda and read a book or go to a lounge and be amongst others and read or just people watch. It's YOUR cruise do what makes you happy! [emoji813]

I agree with you fully. I always go over the cruise ship newsletter the night before and mark down on it what I wish to do, where to go and the time. Like my timetable back in high school. LOL

I agree with you fully. I always go over the cruise ship newsletter the night before and mark down on it what I wish to do, where to go and the time. Like my timetable back in high school. LOL

Sounds good and like you have a plan for yourself. I like to use a highlighter so it's easy for my eyes to go right to the "stuff" that I really want to do!

I am in Sanibel Island in a condo with a bunch of friends. Everyone gets a chance to make a choice on the restaurant. Everyone gets a choice and activities. Makes me even more interested in going off doing my own thing on my first solo cruise. Lady Allure is calling me. Six more weeks! A whole week of no pressure to do anything.

I am in Sanibel Island in a condo with a bunch of friends. Everyone gets a chance to make a choice on the restaurant. Everyone gets a choice and activities. Makes me even more interested in going off doing my own thing on my first solo cruise. Lady Allure is calling me. Six more weeks! A whole week of no pressure to do anything.

Enjoy your "me time" and the cruise.

Doesn't that sound so good. I'm so afraid to tell anyone that I'm going alone for fear that they'll want to jump onboard, feeling sorry for me!!!!