Can we buy cases of water in Venice?

giadav

My husband and I will be arriving in Venice on Wednesday and cruising in Saturday. Is there any place that we can purchase a couple of cases of water or large bottles of water. I know, crazy, but we both drink about a gallon plus, each and it is just so much more convenient to have our own. There is nothing worse than getting off the cruise ship and they only have a small 8oz bottle of water to sell you.

Your best bet would be the Coop grocery store in Piazzale Roma. There are two Piazzale Roma vaporetto stops, the Coop is across from the furthest one from the arched bridge over the canal. The Coop's location is indicated on the graphic below.

You'll find a fairly large selection of water. I believe we purchased the 1½ litre bottles last time we were there.

If you plan to embark your ship and then shop, you might want to take an empty rolling carryon with you for transporting your purchases back to the ship.

Lew

Coop_zps3b4060ad.jpg

Just wanted to add support to Lew's suggestion. The COOP market does have a selection of water, soda and wine. This section of their store is located in the rear room...so when you enter this narrow market...walk all the way to the rear and into the back room.

Hank

Archived