Looking for advice...

GadgetRick

OP, I understand your frustration, but when it comes to spending thousands of dollars on something new and complicated, I'm surprised you didn't take it on yourself to educate yourself. There are so many variables in cabins - not just the bed layout, but the location, whether it is above or below a noisy area, front or aft .... Who knows what is important to another?

I spent quite a lot of time trying to figure out the variables, from looking at deckplans, to reading reviews. I still do the same everytime I book a new ship, and even more so when I try a different cruise line.

Again, I understand your frustration, but I think your anger is over the top. With a minimum of effort you could have done the homework and avoided the problem.

My suggestion (which echoes almost everyone who has replied) is just to let it go at this point. You will have a great time. You most likely will be able to arrange a way for the youngest to sleep on the floor, and then use the King formation.

But if you plan on bringing up the issue when you board (other than enlisting the help of your cabin steward), your anger will ruin that first day's experience. Let it go, enjoy the Fascination, she's a great ship.

:::sigh:::

First of all, I'm not still complaining about it. Some people here have given great ideas and we're working on the situation.

Second of all, no matter how much research I did (or did not) do, is irrelevant. How would one research about something which they had no idea would be an issue? Oh, never mind, we've been over this already...

I agree that with the above poster that Carnival representatives should not make assumptions about anyone's sleeping arrangements. Asking, not asking... it is all awkward.

I do sympathize with the OP and understand the disappointment. He sees it as a "mistake" and I respect his opinion. My impression is that he is a devoted husband and father. I hope he can find a resolution that is satisfactory and I'm betting they have a wonderful family cruise. PLEASE COME BACK AND POST A REVIEW! :)

Thanks. I'll post a review when we're back. We'll power through and find a solution (one way or another).

Yeah, site is kinda confusing as it states on their site the two twins convert to king and then below that says twins do not convert to king if both uppers are in use.

I would keep the balcony stateroom and see what happens when you get there with the beds, maybe you can still work it out somehow. On your Carnival booking indicate you want it made into a King. Most likely you will have a bed over your head, but I had this on RC and while it was not ideal..I only hit my head once :eek:

I personally wouldn't be ready yet for my kids at that age to have their own room just yet, but that is your call.

Try not to be pi$$ed, I realize it is not the ideal situation you imagined but I think you can still have a good time. Good luck :)

It's short notice but I just found out about all of this. We're sailing this Saturday on Fascination. Anyway, here's the deal....

Ok, need some advice from you veterans.

I spoke with one of the guys who had called me about an upgrade a few days ago. He informed me our room (balcony) is such that we will be unable to put two beds together so my wife and I can sleep together because our two boys are coming along.

Now, at the time, I looked online and it looked as though he was just trying to sell me the upgrade. I had to call in today to ask a question and something in the back of my mind told me to ask about this.

The woman on the phone confirmed this is the case. Now, I have to tell you, I'm quite pissed at the moment. I was very clear with the guy I booked with initially that I was taking my wife as a surprise for her birthday and that this was the first time we've ever cruised. I also asked a bunch of dumb questions. So it was obvious I wouldn't have even known to ask about this. Why on Earth I wasn't informed about this when I booked it is beyond me.

I expressed my frustration to the lady on the phone and after a little dance, she put me on hold then came back and told me she could get me two rooms (not connected but next to each other) but just ocean view at no extra cost. Now, I'd actually consider this even though I really wanted the balcony (obviously paid a premium for it) for my wife (and myself), however, our boys are 10 and 7. I'm ok with the 10 year old being there without us but not the 7 year old.

When I explained this to the woman she told me that's all they can do.

Now, I'm not the kind of guy who flies off at the handle and demands free stuff when something goes a little wrong. However, I believe they REALLY should do something for us in this situation. First of all, I was CLEAR this was me and my family, second of all, I was CLEAR it was our first attempt at cruising. If I were someone who's done it before, I'd understand a little more but I feel this is inexcusable.

I'm looking for advice from you all to see what I may be able to do and/or should do. I'm pretty much pissed off right now.

Actually inquired about an upgrade, unfortunately, none are available.

Thanks.

I'm really sorry there are no upgrades available.

I guess then just have them do the one bunk and have the kids share, its not optimal, but I can totally understand why you would want to sleep in the same bed as your wife.

You could go to cruise line rooms (all one word) .com and see how the room may look, see if the kids could fit in one bed. Just a thought.

Hope it works out.

I'm really sorry there are no upgrades available.

I guess then just have them do the one bunk and have the kids share, its not optimal, but I can totally understand why you would want to sleep in the same bed as your wife.

You could go to cruise line rooms (all one word) .com and see how the room may look, see if the kids could fit in one bed. Just a thought.

Hope it works out.

Thanks a bunch!

Archived