Wine Shop Fort Lauderdale

richarduk

Hi,

I've found Total Wine in Fort Lauderdale. Is there anywhere nearer to the Central Beach area that sells boxed wine? We want to take some onboard. Hic;)

In our part of FL both Publix and Winn-Dixie supermarkets sell boxed wine. If you see one of them, try it.

Have researched online. Total Wine do a fairly small selection of boxed wines, but it would be enough. Price does not matter that much. We're from the UK and prices here are VERY high, so everything's cheaper to us. I had a look at spirits also. Total Wine do a 1.75 litre Smirnoff Red for $17.99!!! We pay the equivalent of $30.00 for 1 litre here!!

Do you mind if I ask why your preference for boxed wine vs bottles?

There are many moderate priced bottles you can purchase at Total Wine, Publix and the rest of the places that sell wine.

Why boxed in particular? :confused:

do you have a limit for what you take (spirits) out of our country or bring into yours when you go home?

If you are bringing a few bottles of wine to the ship, Total Wine would pack it nicely for easy carrying. They, especially at that location, are very ship friendly.

Thanks.

But why pack it at all?

Presumably if you are buying it in FLL, you are going to the pier with it. No need to put it in a suitcase.

There is always the chance that bottles break - even if you carry it on yourself (remote chance but possible). Once we had a case of wine we checked delivered to our cabin with a bottle or two broken. And we have had more instances where cases were delivered intact. We have also taken box wine onboard - bought it at Target.

New to HAL. Celebrity and Carnival allow 1 bottle each of wine.

What's the story on HAL?

As of today, HAL still allows you to bring on board as much wine, sparkling wine, soda, juice, as you can carry. This is true at both embarkation and every port.

Beer and hard liquor are not allowed, although HAL has bottles for purchase at a decent price.

No limit right now. You can check it in with your suitcase and it will be in your room. Now There must be an amount that would be inane to bring but I haven't heard it. $18 corkage fee per bottle brought to dining room table though. Most people think that is fine as they get to drink their favorite wines instead of what is on HAL list. Soda and water can be checked in also. Smart to have plastic bottles or good wrapping for the wine. No hard stuff!!!

Remember: You can download coupons from Total Wine on-line the week before you leave!

AZ_CA_NV_0922-300x116.gif

In the past I received emails from Total Wine with these coupons, but not any longer. Is there a place online that one can find these?

Thanks for the info about the discounts.

Archived