Temperatures

brian_uk

Jean wants to know how hot or cold are the various Restaurants on Marina in the evenings.

Are they kep very cool ? Needs to know whether wraps are needed...... For me it's all the same.

She asks.............you answer please.

Brian

But it will be warmer than what is in our local Waffle Houses which are kept at a Cool 60 degrees with plenty of cool wind from the roof. Easy way to change out the tables fast, cool the hot breakfast in 10 minutes after serving it! Folks will then exit the restaurant early thus more space for the next 15 minutes (5 minute order/10 minutes to eat it). Yes, I live 15 minutes from Waffle House Corporate Headquarters over in Norcross, Ga.

I have learned over the years that people living in the U.K. do not have air conditioning and therefore feel that the ship(s) are on the cold side (when they have air conditioning going). People who live in the warmer areas of the U.S. run their air conditioning a lot of the time in the summer and find the temperature comfortable.

We are from Southern California (where the air conditioning may be on in December) and now live in the Pacific Northwest where we do not have air conditioning. I am going through this detail to explain how answers you receive on this thread will vary depending upon what the individual is used to. For instance, we are comfortable in 80 degrees (27 C) if the air conditioning is blowing cold air while we would be miserable at this temperature without a breeze.

Based on the above, my advice is...... if the cruise you will be going on will be in a warm climate, the air conditioning will be cooling the ship and you may find it cold. On the other hand, if you are sailing in a cool climate, the temperature may feel perfect.

Hope this helps:-)

I no longer wear what is known as Pashminas rather out of style..tell Jean any lightweight shawl, wrap or cotton jacket will do..I take lots of long sleeve light weight tops..long scarves that wrap around (many styles can be found on Google) are perfect!!

Jancruz1

I really have never been out of style! Pashmina...but I have one made entirely different. Elegant. Helps when you are cold, you can scrunch it to nothing if you don't need it. Better to be SORRY THAN SAFE!! lol, THAT IS A JOKE.

I really have never been out of style! Pashmina...but I have one made entirely different. Elegant. Helps when you are cold, you can scrunch it to nothing if you don't need it. Better to be SORRY THAN SAFE!! lol, THAT IS A JOKE.

Im sure you havent ever been out of style, from reading your posts..I did not mean to insult you, I hope it did not come across like that..but remember in the beginning Pashmina was a gorgeous shawl of cashmere in beautiful colors..today everything is called by that name and they dont really have the beauty, quality and glamour of true Pashmina..I am very into all kinds of large scarves today and love to collect them from all over the world..there is a myriad of ways to wear them to enhance an outfit in the evening and keep you comfortable..

Jancruz1

Thanks to you all for the advice.

What did I learn ........ that we in the UK rarely have AC..........that SoCal is warm in winter and that Pashminas are or are not fashionable and that somebody lives near the Waffle House HQ......

Much appreciated.....off to Stockholm in the morning to meet Marina on Monday.

A tout a l'heure

Brian

Jean wants to know how hot or cold are the various Restaurants on Marina in the evenings.

Are they kep very cool ? Needs to know whether wraps are needed...... For me it's all the same.

She asks.............you answer please.

Brian

Scarves, light sweaters, lovely wraps always are useful because even within a single dining venue, the temperature can vary. My concern is not adding weight to the one suitcase with which I travel, so scarves work best for me.

Archived