Room sizes on CCL Splendor

pscozz702

My DW is looking at the Splendor for a future trip maybe replacing our NCL Dawn trip. She has been looking online all over for room sizes, can anyone tell me where to find them? Looking at this cruise now so we don't have to drive to Florida with gas prices creeping up again and New York is really close to home.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Forums mobile app

My DW is looking at the Splendor for a future trip maybe replacing our NCL Dawn trip. She has been looking online all over for room sizes, can anyone tell me where to find them? Looking at this cruise now so we don't have to drive to Florida with gas prices creeping up again and New York is really close to home.

We spent 48 days on the Splendor this year sailing around South America. We were in an inside spa cabin. The room was small, but it worked for us. I've never found the room size listed correctly. Standard OV and Balcony cabins on Carnival ships are 185 sf and are very nice! Some sites have the inside cabins list as 185 sf, but they are not. We can't post the links to sites that would have that info as they are ****'ed out by CC since they are competitors. But, you can Google the info. John

We spent 48 days on the Splendor this year sailing around South America. We were in an inside spa cabin. The room was small, but it worked for us. I've never found the room size listed correctly. Standard OV and Balcony cabins on Carnival ships are 185 sf and are very nice! Some sites have the inside cabins list as 185 sf, but they are not. We can't post the links to sites that would have that info as they are ****'ed out by CC since they are competitors. But, you can Google the info. John

On the Splendor

Balcony and IS are usually 185sq ft. There are a few oddball cabins that are smaller or larger. The deck plans are very good but you do have to be observant.

OV are 185 + the square footage of the balcony so they are in the 220sq ft range.

Thanks for the info. We tried to google room sizes but only got descriptions not square footage. I am well aware of Carnival having the largest cabins out of all the other cruise lines. Been on Carnival before and were very comfortable in our balcony room, would not bash them other than for decor of the Legend in 2006, don't know if they changed the rugs...lol...and the 14 degree list that had happened, that was wild :D. Again thanks for your help now my DW wants to see if I can find something out of either nyc or baltimore...less money going to either of them than fla. Any suggestions are welcome....HELP PLEASE...looking in january of 2014, would even think of february 2014. We only vacation in the winter its easier for us.

we cruised the pride in february from Baltimore. most winter sailings a balcony can not be used for 4.of the 7 days but our weather was amazing Google pride 6232 7358 or 8232 to see the balcony

we cruised the pride in february from Baltimore. most winter sailings a balcony can not be used for 4.of the 7 days but our weather was amazing Google pride 6232 7358 or 8232 to see the balcony

thanks was able to see sizes, that was a choice but after some discussion we are gonna wait to see what happens by the 2nd week of August which is when we can cancel NCL without penalty. think it is gonna be the Splendor. that way one of the kids can drop us off at the pier and come back home without getting lost...:p...one got lost picking us up from bayonne, 3 towns away and maybe 10 turns to get there. nyc is 6 turns and 3 towns away...:eek:...we sail out of nyc in january and we have had good temps in the high 40's and 50's leaving but coming home it drops to the high 20's low 30's but use the balcony either way. to get used to temp change. its been a while since going on Carnival but found a deal for people from the east coast sailing out, the 1/12 Splendor balcony is really what we can do. any ship info is welcome and the perks explained for VIFP RED 8 sea days or points is what we have right now don't really understand their system since we sail mostly on NCL. what are the specialty dinning venues we know about the steakhouse but what else is there?

You are correct those inside room that they list at 185sf are not that at all.

Do not be mislead on the size of the cabins on the Splendor. The cabins are arranged to provide the maximum of space and storage in the closets unlike cabins of the same size on RCCL ships. While they may be the same square footage, the Splendor has a better arrangement allowing it to feel larger and enables it to be less cluttered. The balconies are rectangluar and smaller than those on RCCL. But you will get one semi reclining chair a small table and a regular chair on a category 8D balcony.

Since the TV's are flat screens and mounted above the dressers, it frees up more usable space. The bathrooms have shelves where you can place your toiletries again freeing up more usable space. The closets are deep enough that you can store a suitcase up to about 28" in it and still be able to hang garments in it! If you need more space, you can store more suitcases under the beds as well.

MARAPRINCE

how much of a difference in balcony size is there between a regular balcony and a premium balcony? We've been to port canaveral and nassau a few times so we are gonna relax on ship while there, well- we will get off in nassau for iced coffee...aside from that the Splendor will be our destination. we are giving up a suite on NCL as well as the 24 hour ride down to Tampa to save money...gas goes up so does everything else except pay checks...we only do balcony rooms...cannot do an inside and an oceanview would only work if there were no balconies at all. when i was doing a mock booking the price was about $70 different and could not decide which would make more sense.

how much of a difference in balcony size is there between a regular balcony and a premium balcony? We've been to port canaveral and nassau a few times so we are gonna relax on ship while there, well- we will get off in nassau for iced coffee...aside from that the Splendor will be our destination. we are giving up a suite on NCL as well as the 24 hour ride down to Tampa to save money...gas goes up so does everything else except pay checks...we only do balcony rooms...cannot do an inside and an oceanview would only work if there were no balconies at all. when i was doing a mock booking the price was about $70 different and could not decide which would make more sense.

We had an aft wrap on the Splendor - 6485 - and the balcony was JUGE - 2 lounge chairs, 3 other chairs and 3 tables. The room was configured differently, and it looked bigger. It had 2 windows where a normal room only has 1

Archived