AAAAAAHHHHH! Need new travel agent

chickenladyNH

My travel agent just called....we sail in a week. We've been waiting for news of an upgrade/upsell. She knows we want one. She calls this morning with an upsell offer (not great, but it is a Neptune). turns out she got this offer over the weekend by email and didn't read her email until this morning. She's going to call when they open and see if it's still available. I'm going to scream! Too bad she's a friend of the family.

Hmmmm... and then there are those of us who find a great travel agent who then becomes a friend. :)

We had a travel agent that was a friend never got upsells (booked about 30 cruises with her), since whe retired have had upsell on 2 out of 3 cruises ( we did get upgrade to a suite once)

We had a TA like that who worked in Phoenix. We became such great telephone friends during the years she arranged all our European /resort etc travel, we took a trip to Scottsdale for the purpose of meeting her. We adored her in person, really loved our Scottsdale stay so much we returned either two or three times.

She very suddenly left the business and we had to search for someone new. :frown:

We had a TA like that who worked in Phoenix. We became such great telephone friends during the years she arranged all our European /resort etc travel, we took a trip to Scottsdale for the purpose of meeting her. We adored her in person, really loved our Scottsdale stay so much we returned either two or three times.

She very suddenly left the business and we had to search for someone new. :frown:

That must have been disappointing.

I remember getting an offer from my TA by email, didn't read it till afternoon and by then it was already gone. In saying that, maybe it will works out for you, but if not hope you are satisfied with what you original picked for a cabin/category.

We got it!! Really nice to have a Neptune Suite. Now, I won't be tripping over my mom and son. Better yet, free laundry! I really would have been in a bad mood if it was gone. I'm a happy chicken now!

So glad it worked out well for you. Enjoy your Suite and Neptune Lounge and free laundry.:):D:)

We got it!! Really nice to have a Neptune Suite. Now, I won't be tripping over my mom and son. Better yet, free laundry! I really would have been in a bad mood if it was gone. I'm a happy chicken now!

Happy to hear it - enjoy all the perks - including the dry cleaning (if you need it!).

My travel agent just called....we sail in a week. We've been waiting for news of an upgrade/upsell. She knows we want one. She calls this morning with an upsell offer (not great, but it is a Neptune). turns out she got this offer over the weekend by email and didn't read her email until this morning. She's going to call when they open and see if it's still available. I'm going to scream! Too bad she's a friend of the family.

Ugh. Horrible.

Fantastic.....!!

You will love it......:)

We had a travel agent, than they went bankrupt after they took our money but only booked the cruise not air so we had to get air for 6 again. After that I book all of my own and for the last three cruises we have been offered up grades. I know lot of people like TA's and I did but burned badly once was enough for me. We took the insurance but it did not cover bankrupcy. Luckly we used a credit card and finally got our money back after three months, but it was TENSE not the way I wanted to start a cruise out thats for sure.

Glad it worked out for you enjoy!!!!!!!

You realize the email you would've come directly to you and you would've been able to act on the upsell immediately if you didn't use a TA, right?

Perfect example of why NOT to use one.

Oh how horrible!

Your TA received an E-mail upgrade offer “over the weekend”. This might have been Saturday afternoon and she had the gall to not read her mail and immediately call you till before HAL opened on Monday morning. Wow, that must be all of several working hours.

Let’s get real. A travel agent is a human being and not your personal slave. Why don’t you cut her a bit of slack.

Scott & Karen

Archived