MTD, why can't reservations be linked?

Good morning

With the my time ding the cruise line does not allow us to link your for dining, you can make reservations at the same time on line or on the ship if both parties have the my time dining

First time on the Allure this coming November. I have never made dinner reservations when I had MTD on the Freedom/Mariner or Any Time dining or Carnival.

What if you make resv for 6:00, but don't make it at the exact time......what happens?

Sorry but I'm a bit overwhelmed with dinner resv, show resv, etc. because I'm not used to it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

First time on the Allure this coming November. I have never made dinner reservations when I had MTD on the Freedom/Mariner or Any Time dining or Carnival.

What if you make resv for 6:00, but don't make it at the exact time......what happens?

Sorry but I'm a bit overwhelmed with dinner resv, show resv, etc. because I'm not used to it.

Thanks in advance for the help!

You do not have to make reservations for MTD on the Allure. It works just like on the others ships you've been on. You do not have to make show reservations if you choose not to. Each show has a stand-by line. Ten-fifteen minutes before the show, the stand-bys are allowed in (space permitting). Reservations are not for specific seats, just open seating. If you decide after you board that you would like to make reservations for dinner or shows, you can do that. Relax and don't sweat it!

We had three reservations linked on Adventure in February and all were MTD. Because we were a group of six we did make our reservations ahead of time, but were able to change them once on board if something came up.:)

I haven't cruised RCI awhile so please bear with me.

What does it accomplish by having your reservations linked?

I'm used to CCL and NCL where we all just meet up somewhere and go to the dining room. We have never linked our reservations.

Is it because of the reservations you make for dinner? Can you make a dinner reservation for 6 if your reservation for the cruise is just 2 people?

Thank you in advance for your patience.:)

Bill

I think it's easier for one person to make the reservations once they are linked. I think you've run into some mistake. I just made MTD reservations for my room and my brothers room ... the reservations were linked.

We have had our kids in a separate room, linked the reservations together, then done the MTD reservation on-line with no problems.

Sounds like something else is up with you not being able to link your reservations. Did one or both of you use a TA? If so were they different ones? If so this could be the root of the issue.

Reservations for our upcoming Radiance cruise are linked together with two other couples.

The couples linked to us show up when I look at my reservations under my dining information. All parties have to sign up for MTD in order to be linked together. I one chooses not to use it, and pay the gratuities up front, then they can not be linked with you.

We are booked directly with the cruise line. When booked with a TA in the past I had to have them do everything for me.

Sorry wasn't too clear...yes, if all parties are linked you make reservations (not only for dinner) for all parties linked to you. So in our scenario, I made the reservations for dinner, specialty dining etc. for the entire group:). Just made life easier for all involved:D.

Upcoming trip is with three other couples and we are in process of doing same thing.

You cannot link reservations for dining in advance if one or both of you are booked in group space. Sometimes agents book you into their group space without you even realizing it. Look and see if you have a group reservation number in addition to your regular reservation number. The Maitre D will take care of it on board for you.

You cannot link reservations for dining in advance if one or both of you are booked in group space. Sometimes agents book you into their group space without you even realizing it. Look and see if you have a group reservation number in addition to your regular reservation number. The Maitre D will take care of it on board for you.

Exactly - someone in group space cannot be linked to an individual reservation - however the one in group space can opt for MTD - then res for dining would have to be made on ship or do a walk up

With MTD, you do NOT need to be linked. Just show up with whomever you wish to dine with, and they will seat you together. "Linking" is only needed when you are in traditional dining, and you have assigned tables.

With MTD, you do NOT need to be linked. Just show up with whomever you wish to dine with, and they will seat you together. "Linking" is only needed when you are in traditional dining, and you have assigned tables.

If you want to make MTD advance reservations prior to cruising then yes, you must link your reservations. I did this a few weeks ago for two cabins on our Oasis cruise in October. Simply showing up with others when you want to dine could lead to a long wait.

The larger the party, the more likely "just showing up" will result in a wait. I don't blame the op for preferring to have reservations.

Archived