2 different ship B2B & want to bring wine; what do I do?

Sailfish

Here is my problem; we are doing B2B cruises on two different ships, and will be disembarking one and embarking another. I plan to take two bottles of wine with me on the first ship. Can I take another two bottles of wine for the other when I embark on the first voyage? I would prefer to NOT shop for wine in the first cruise's ports if I can somehow take two extra bottles onto the ship and save them for the 2nd voyage. Anyone do this before? I don't want to end up being charged for the two bottles, and would prefer to NOT have to take the chance of smuggling them in my luggage.

Thanks in advance.

Suzi

No. The crew on the second ship will be oblivious to the fact that you had just disembarked a different Princess ship. Even if you tell them, they really won't be able to factor that into what they allow you to bring on board their ship.

Since the OP would be allowed to bring two bottles onto the second ship, it does not matter what the crew on the second ship knows.

The question is really about can the OP bring four bottles (two for each voyage) on to the first ship without having to pay extra.

I do not know the answer, but the OP should ask Princess and if the answer is that it will be OK to take the four bottles onto the first voyage, get it in writing to show if necessary.

We have an upcoming b2b on the same ship & if we can easily find wine during turnaround day plan to bring onboard 2 bottles without a fee. :)

Or you can bring four bottles onto the first segment. This is allowable under Princess rules for a b2b on the same ship.

Or you can bring four bottles onto the first segment. This is allowable under Princess rules for a b2b on the same ship.

That would be great...do you have those rules to share with us?

I don't want to pay $15/bottle corkage for the 3rd & 4th bottle of wine brought on the 1st cruise of our b2b & unless I have the rules in writing I'm not going to take that chance.

Why not ask them to hold the extra bottles until you disembark the first cruise?

I am doing a b2b in October but on the same ship and we are just going to get the wine when we are out.

That's a good idea but if they won't do it then either we have to pay &15/bottle or have it discarded. :(

We board on Wednesday in Vancouver & will decide whether to gamble or just get 2 bottles in Whittier following the rules that I've read. It's not a big issue & certainly nothing that will have a big affect our cruise! :D

We also have a B2B coming up,can you point me to the above rules it would be greatly appreciated.Thanks!

Here is my problem; we are doing B2B cruises on two different ships, and will be disembarking one and embarking another. I plan to take two bottles of wine with me on the first ship. Can I take another two bottles of wine for the other when I embark on the first voyage? I would prefer to NOT shop for wine in the first cruise's ports if I can somehow take two extra bottles onto the ship and save them for the 2nd voyage. Anyone do this before? I don't want to end up being charged for the two bottles, and would prefer to NOT have to take the chance of smuggling them in my luggage.

Thanks in advance.

Suzi

We, like the OP, are doing B2B on two different ships.

I was hoping the first ship would just hold our wine (as they do for the liquor you purchase on board,) for the second cruise.

We, like the OP, are doing B2B on two different ships.

I was hoping the first ship would just hold our wine (as they do for the liquor you purchase on board,) for the second cruise.

Without the rules 'caribill' posted about being available in writing to show those enforcing the wine policy it will probably be at the discretion of the individual employee whether the b2b is on the same or on a different ship. Even being given a verbal answer by calling Princess doesn't mean it will be followed at the pier or even if that answer is accurate.

I've read posts that they're suppose to hold bottles of wine from ports of call that we want to bring home without a fee. However without it in writing from Princess that procedure may vary depending upon the security agent.

Suzi- Sorry, I read your post wrong, that you wanted to take four bottles on cruise 2 and not pay for them as you didn't use your two bottle credit from cruise 1. Your post was clear as day...my mind was not. I was thinking of our own situation, where we won't have time to get wine before cruise #1, and will be bringing on more on a later cruise, and thinking you were asking about the same thing. Again, sorry.

I'll be honest...I'm just planning to pay $15 per bottle for every bottle of wine I bring on. I'll beg them to charge me, if that's what it takes. I quickly tire of games, I guess, and if it costs me $15 to get that Princess stamp on a bottle of $6 wine, so be it. Then I'll take it from ship to ship, bar to bar, bar to dining room...heck, I'll even drink it in my own cabin. Yes, I could run to a wine store on every turnaround day, buy two bottles and bring them back without charge, but I'd rather just bring it all on at once, pay, and then drink freely.

Not what you're asking, I know, but that's what we're going to do. I am also getting tired of having to take written proof of Princess policies: the dining room is open on embarkation day, the mini bar set up is good for two coffee cards, Princess will store wine from the first cruise for the second, etc. etc. Peace, please!

JMHO

That's a good idea but if they won't do it then either we have to pay &15/bottle or have it discarded. :(

We board on Wednesday in Vancouver & will decide whether to gamble or just get 2 bottles in Whittier following the rules that I've read. It's not a big issue & certainly nothing that will have a big affect our cruise! :D

In Whittier???

We're sailing the other direction round-trip from Vancouver on the Coral. With nothing planned for turnaround day in Whittier hopefully there's someplace we can easily purchase 2 bottles of wine to bring onboard to enjoy in our cabin without any extra fee. :)

Slightly off topic so I apologize in advance, but when you b2b on different ships do Princess transfer your luggage "internally" like transiting international flights or is like a international/domestic transfer at the airport where you collect bags, clear customs and immigration, then recheck the lugguage?

We're sailing the other direction round-trip from Vancouver on the Coral. With nothing planned for turnaround day in Whittier hopefully there's someplace we can easily purchase 2 bottles of wine to bring onboard to enjoy in our cabin without any extra fee. :)

We were on a 14 night b2b from Vancouver to Alaska on Diamond Princess with turnaround in Whittier. The only place I could find to pick up another couple of bottles of wine in Whittier was a tiny trailer near the waterfront. This served as the local car rental place, grocery store and very, very limited selection of wine. You might be better off waiting until you arrive at one of the other ports of Skagway, Juneau or Ketchikan. We had no trouble openly bringing back up to 2 bottles of wine from each port, without being charged corkage. Just check to see if there is a guy sitting at a table as you get off at the ports, and ask him. He was there once at Skagway and when we got back with one bottle of wine, just recorded our cabin number for the record, without corkage fee, but we did not see him again at the other 2 ports and no problem bringing on a bottle of wine each, without charge.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We were on a 14 night b2b from Vancouver to Alaska on Diamond Princess with turnaround in Whittier. The only place I could find to pick up another couple of bottles of wine in Whittier was a tiny trailer near the waterfront. This served as the local car rental place, grocery store and very, very limited selection of wine. You might be better off waiting until you arrive at one of the other ports of Skagway, Juneau or Ketchikan. We had no trouble openly bringing back up to 2 bottles of wine from each port, without being charged corkage. Just check to see if there is a guy sitting at a table as you get off at the ports, and ask him. He was there once at Skagway and when we got back with one bottle of wine, just recorded our cabin number for the record, without corkage fee, but we did not see him again at the other 2 ports and no problem bringing on a bottle of wine each, without charge.

Thanks for the info! :)

That's a good idea but if they won't do it then either we have to pay &15/bottle or have it discarded. :(:D

They will hold it for you. On one of our recent Alaska cruises aboard the Sapphire, we had brought aboard four bottles(for two people), three for the cruise and one for our post-cruise hotel stay. We simply paid the corkage for the third and the fourth was held for us until disembarkation.

They will hold it for you. On one of our recent Alaska cruises aboard the Sapphire, we had brought aboard four bottles(for two people), three for the cruise and one for our post-cruise hotel stay. We simply paid the corkage for the third and the fourth was held for us until disembarkation.

Good to know...thanks. :)

Slightly off topic so I apologize in advance, but when you b2b on different ships do Princess transfer your luggage "internally" like transiting international flights or is like a international/domestic transfer at the airport where you collect bags, clear customs and immigration, then recheck the lugguage?

Princess will not normally xfer your luggage.

You will need to be out of your cabin on the first ship just like all the other disembarking passengers, usually around 8 AM. You will need to be off the ship usually no later than 10 AM and possibly earlier. After claiming your luggage (and customs and immigration if appropriate, depending on the port), you will need to make your way to the terminal for the second ship (in some cases Princess may have transportation for this -- ask a day or two before disembarkation day--, otherwise you will need to walk or take a taxi to the new terminal.)

Archived