black & white?

fue-fue

have just booked our 1st princess cruise. We sail on the 30th September on Crown princess.

We are on a 14night cruise which I understand means we'll have 3 formal nights. Will one of these be a black & white night, as on P & O?

have just booked our 1st princess cruise. We sail on the 30th September on Crown princess.

We are on a 14night cruise which I understand means we'll have 3 formal nights. Will one of these be a black & white night, as on P & O?

I have never heard the term Black & White on a Princess cruise. We have been on 30 and most had 3 or more formal nights.

No. Here are the dress suggestions for Princess

"There are only two types of evening dress onboard - smart casual and formal. When the ship is in port, evening dress is smart casual, and passenger attire should be in keeping with what would be worn to a nice restaurant at home. For formal evenings, men wear tuxedos, dark suits or dinner jackets, and women wear evening gowns, cocktail dresses or elegant pant suits."

If your cruise is mostly passengers from the UK then a greater percentage of them will be in formal wear as defined above. When there are lots of US/Can. passengers on board you will see more suits, sport jackets, and dresses that are nice, but not gowns. Smart Casual is always acceptable dress for the Crown Grill, Sabatini's and the Buffet. Some people go to these alternate dining venues on formal nights so the do not have to wear the more formal attire. While many passengers stay dressed throughout the evening, some change after dining. There are no special dress codes outside of the Main Dining Rooms. As your trip is RT Southampton expect you will see a high percentage of British on board.

The three formal nights are just that. If you plan to go to the main dining rooms for dinner, you (hopefully) are dressed up more than on smart casual nights.

If you go to the Princess website, you can read up on the dress codes for dinner, as well as learn a lot of other good stuff.

No, Princess does not have the Black and White Formal night. I have only ever seen that on P & O.
Not on Princess. I think I've seen it on HAL but I don't remember.

On the other hand, many people wear black and/or white on formal nights even though it's not a "theme." You can't go wrong with black and white. :)

Archived