earliest flight time

terrifish

Disembarking on Sunday Feb. 16, Celebrity Silhouette (arrival 7am) in FLL What would be the earliest flight you recommend? If we can't make the 10:55, we may have to stay overnight as prices are much higher for later in the day:mad: Thanks.

10:55 means you need to be at FLL by 9:25 (earlier is better! :cool:); it is only a 15 minute cab ride from PE to FLL. I would go for it, but you might carry your own bags off to be extra safe. Good luck! :)

Disembarking on Sunday Feb. 16, Celebrity Silhouette (arrival 7am) in FLL What would be the earliest flight you recommend? If we can't make the 10:55, we may have to stay overnight as prices are much higher for later in the day:mad: Thanks.

I would just extend my vacation a day longer in sunny, beautiful Florida! Why not? Greatest beaches in the US and much better than many islands you'll visit.

You will be able to make that flight pretty easy. We have done it sveral times. We don't bother carrying of our own luggage. When you have to fill out your disembarkation card onboard, put down a flight time as 10:00 and you'll be off in one of the first groups. Get off with the 8:00 or 8:15 group and you'll be fine.

If you don't like stress don't book it. It is very tight.

There are six ships in port that day including yours.

There have been some delays at this port due to Sequester and its impact on having sufficient personnel for customs and immigration. No one knows what it will be like going forward.

Likewise, airport lines are/can be a problem.

This is a busy time at the airport. It is part of the Florida season.

You may make it. You might not.

For me, I don't care for the stress and don't want to spend part of my cruise thinking/worrying about it. I wouldn't do it. Some would. Will you make it? You may or you may not and that is the problem with the time for this flight.

Again, history means nothing if it is your cruise that is delayed and don't underestimate the impact from sequester which many people who tell you there are no problems have not experienced yet.

Keith

Much as we would have liked to book a nonstop flight, 10:55 was just too early for our comfort level, especially with custom delays and long air port lines. There are only 2 ships in port the day we disembark but we opted for a 12:20 flight.

Mary Lou

Archived