Queens Grill cut backs

billyvegas

What a strange point of view to hold. I doubt you would clearly identify the majority of QG passengers in the commumal areas of the ship, even if you had a non-jaundiced eye available. I certainly couldn't, and that's with a head start of seeing some exit the lift on the top floor and take a deep breath of the rarified air. You've got more chance of figuring out who's the air marshall on a flight.

It was a silly comment.

How very true. It's funny how those most able to pay for things are the most likely to complain - and this applies throughout life. We met nothing but kindness and courtesy in steerage on Queen Victoria last month from both crew and passengers. I don't think I would ever want to be in the Grills having read and seen the way most of them behave!

Really? We did the Grills twice & the Britannia 4 times. Trust me, there were far more complaints in Britannia. Most of this was due to rather shoddy service when compared to a few years ago.

We used to call it "operational efficiency" or "responding to customer needs"

Qantas calls changes, which usually turn out to the detriment of its customers, "enhancements ". It's a running joke on flight forums in Australia.

How very true. It's funny how those most able to pay for things are the most likely to complain - and this applies throughout life. We met nothing but kindness and courtesy in steerage on Queen Victoria last month from both crew and passengers. I don't think I would ever want to be in the Grills having read and seen the way most of them behave!

Indeed! Imagine the cheekiness of someone wanting something they paid for. Such behavior!

whitewash, from reading your posts , and your love of perks.. May I suggest a cruise on Carnival from New York.. perks ,all you can have.. and lots of other extras for you, :cool:

That's ridiculous. Answer the question, why shouldn't grills passengers look for perks? You've stated they shouldn't, so tell us why.

I imagine Queens and Princess passengers are some of the most perkiest people around.

I passed the Queens grill bar at 11 pm and there was no one in there except

for the female bar tender..not very perky

or they may like their perks? as in whats free?

Strictly speaking the wine on the second night is not a perk; it like most other things are paid for as part of the fare and as such are entitlements.

It doesn't matter how much money you have if you have paid for a service or good it should be provided.

Perks on the other hand are extras (given for a variety of reasons by a variety of people). As such, perks because of their free nature may come and go. Anyone, rich or poor, Grills or Britannia, can receive perks. It's got nothing to do with what you paid for. I think sometimes people get a bit jealous of what they see are perks received by others, even though sometimes they were not really free.

I am glad that some others are asking about the clotted cream. I once asked where it went and was chastised quite heavily as no one could ever question anything cunard (note small c) does.

As to perks. There is no such thing. It is all in the price. you want more perks? you pay a higher price. The class system used on cunard is outdated and immoral.

A class system is where no matter how much you can afford it, and be able to pay for it, you are not accorded the privileges of doing so.

This is not what operates on Cunard. Or on planes. Trains. Buses. Maybe not automobiles so much. :D

Archived