Credit for past (I mean WAY past) cruise?

Tom-n-Cheryl

Statendam, May 1966 !!

Does anyone have an email address so that I can contact the appropriate department at HAL? I tried submitting my information through their contact form, but there are apparently technical issues with that.

Does anyone have any experience with getting credit for past sailings?

This is all that I have as "proof": (I'm the little blonde guy...lol)

HAL%20Statendam%201966%20%283%29-XL.jpg

We were heading back to the States after spending a year in Africa (Sierra Leone/Peace Corps). I was visiting my father (91) in Tallahassee last weekend and it's amazing what you can come across when you're going through old photo albums! :D

Tom

Yes, many people have gotten credit for past sailings when they know the exact date of sailing.

What kind of technical difficulties? Are you trying to send them your pictures? I doubt that would be necessary. I've sent email to the MarinerSociety@hollandamerica.com. Maybe it's a temporary glitch. You could try

Contact the Mariner Society at 1-800-547-9139

We're just over the river(s) from you, south of PAFB. :)

Try Mariner_Society@hollandamerica.com. For a cruise that old I'd suggest giving them the names your family would have been sailing under. The Mariner Society seems to have pretty good records and will most likely locate you from that and the ship's schedule for such a long voyage. It wasn't nearly as far back but they quickly helped me a couple of years ago when we realized I had been assigned 2 numbers, one in 1997 for a cruise booked individual, and a second one for a cruise as part of a 3rd party land tour where the company didn't realize I was already a mariner.

Roy

I would call the Mariner Society. My Cruise was in the seventies. They gave me credit, and they also gave my son credit who was approximately 2 or 3 at the time. I didn't have to submit any documentation. I think a quick phone call might do it for you.

The Mariner Society was extremely nice about doing it.

Thanks for the replies!

I called, but without the sail date (I just know the one date, the lunch photo) they said they would need a copy of the photo and any other info I had... and that they could research it.

So, that email has been sent!

I'll post back here when I hear back.

Tom

Great pictures.

Hope you get the cruise day credit for your cruise.

Thanks

So this was a transatlantic?

Yes - I want to say it was out of Rotterdam... at least that's what I'm pulling from the cobwebs!

Tom

Thanks for the replies!

I called, but without the sail date (I just know the one date, the lunch photo) they said they would need a copy of the photo and any other info I had... and that they could research it.

So, that email has been sent!

I'll post back here when I hear back.

Tom

I just gave them ship, # of day, month and year

I just gave them ship, # of day, month and year

I'm guessing they can zero in on it. I don't know the length of the cruise nor the sail date -- just a date during the cruise somewhere out in the Atlantic.

Oddly, the only memory I have of that cruise is the image of a bunch of kids - in the kids area - puking!:eek: We had been given dramamine, which made me a spectator rather than a participant! ;)

Tom

I think they'll find the cruise and give you credit for the days.

Seeing you have that May 22, 1966 date and your name/parents names, they have something solid to work with.

PLEASE let us know when you hear back from Mariners Society. They are terrific to work with IMO

Oops, I hadn't refreshed my screen when I posted and just now saw they found the cruise and gave you credit.

Congratulations.

Mariners Society once again did a great job. :)

Wonder how far the Mariner Society goes back? Seems like a great resource.

My husband keeps a website for the Groote Beer. He gets many enquiries from people who sailed on her in as immigrants in the 50s and 60s to America and Australia but the only passenger lists are the ones that people have sent him so he just can`t help them.

Would be another avenue for them to explore.

Wonder how far the Mariner Society goes back? Seems like a great resource.

My husband keeps a website for the Groote Beer. He gets many enquiries from people who sailed on her in as immigrants in the 50s and 60s to America and Australia but the only passenger lists are the ones that people have sent him so he just can`t help them.

Would be another avenue for them to explore.

There are genealogy websites where one can view passenger lists for a good number of ports. If they don't subscribe to Ancestry it is often available at libraries for free. FamilySearch would be another place your husband could suggest they try. There are also groups that have transcribed OLD passenger lists. I've seen the passenger list for some of my Dutch ancestors when they immigrated to Nieuw Amsterdam in 1652. Of course there is also that famous passenger list for the Mayflower, widely available, with one of DH's ancestors on it.

Archived