Reflection Wine Tasting``

wallie5446

As we close in on the big 60 we are leaving the likes of Strawberry Hill and MD 20/20 behind us, and trying to move up the ladder a bit.:) There are 3-4 events shown in copy's of the Celebrity Today's we would really like your thoughts on, please;

Walk Around the World Wine Tour in Cellar Masters

Wine Connoisseurs' Dinner in Tuscan Grill

Premium Wine Tasting in Blu

Riedel Comparative Crystal Workshop also in Blu

We already have the Premium all inclusive worry free beverage package:D are the wines offered at these events worth the cost?

We've done all those on various cruises and we really preferred the world wine tour, where you sample quite a number of wines from various countries, along with some nice cheese and crackers. We've always felt that was worth the price, and we do it every cruise.

We did not care for the Tuscan Grill package as we didn't feel it was worth the extra cost and the wines weren't all that great.

We also did the Riedel workshop and that was actually quite fun as you got to sample different wines and how their taste changed depending on what you ate with the wine. It was a very interesting workshop.

We didn't do a wine tasting in Blu but we did one in Muranos. We didn't care for that one very much.

We really enjoy wine and we've done all 4 on various cruises.

If we were only going to choose one it would be the Walk Around the World Tasting. It has good wines for a reasonable price. You can have more than one pour of any wine you particularly like while the event is taking place.

We did the premium tasting a few times. The 1st 2 times were on a B2B and they had really high end wines and more than one pour of each if you wanted. On our last cruise it was in Cellar Masters, the wines were average in our opinion, and while not limited to one tasting per they were not quite as generous as on our B2B.

We've enjoyed the wine dinner at Tuscan but we would probably not do it with a beverage package. The Riedel workshop was fun and we have and use the glasses at home but it was a one off experience.

Mary Lou

Kitty9 pretty much sums up my experience. The "wine around the world" Is pretty fun. You get to taste a couple of wines from several countries. It is hectic in the beginning but as the crowds thin out you can talk to folks and sample various wines. If your into wine tasting this event allows you to drink alot more wine than any others. It may not be the greatest but it is pretty free flowing. It basically stays open until the wine runs out.

Don't know what is your itinerary, if it is Caribbean then rely on the ship. If you are doing anywhere in Europe and you are doing lunch on an excursion, order wine and be adventurous. This works well in France and Italy plus you never have a bad day! Even common restaurants have wine that is good for the locals.

Don't know what is your itinerary, if it is Caribbean then rely on the ship. If you are doing anywhere in Europe and you are doing lunch on an excursion, order wine and be adventurous. This works well in France and Italy plus you never have a bad day! Even common restaurants have wine that is good for the locals.

The 4 options on the Reflection doing the Eastern route in Nov are what we are looking for input on.

How did you find information about all these different options and their pricing?

We have read about them from copies of the daily's, and done a search on CC and not much came up. The Riedel Comparative Crystal Workshop is on the web site, and we understand what each is about pretty good. With the Premium bev pkg we will get to try many different wines thru the week, so just really looking for insight on weather one of these would be of any more 'excitement' for the wifester to do. Have not found any info on the cost as of yet.

We participated in both the premium wine tasting and the Riedel class. Both were run by the sommelier from Blu who we adored so we really enjoyed it. The Riedel class is all about the glasses, but the wines were very tasty and fairly free-flowing. We will probably do this again just so we can get the glasses again. Yes, you can order them online, but what's the fun in that?

The premium wine tasting had the wines paired with food, mostly nuts, cheeses and chocolate. These wines I felt were definitely one or two steps up from the Riedel. What was so interesting to me was the way the taste of the food and wine could completely change depending on what was paired with what. Definitely took lots of notes.

I am going to look at the world wine tour in December as that sounds good too.

Thanks Jayson, it was from reading the dailys from the Dec 2012 Reflection sailing we found out about the other 3.

Sure are going to miss coming to San Antonio for the Rock n Roll Marathon in Nov, but the Reflection calls!:D

How did you find information about all these different options and their pricing?

When you board the ship, head over to Cellar Masters on Deck 4, midship, and there will be people there with information about all the wine tastings during your cruise. You can make reservations for any/all tastings and the charges are put on your sign and sail card.

As we close in on the big 60 we are leaving the likes of Strawberry Hill and MD 20/20 behind us, and trying to move up the ladder a bit.:) There are 3-4 events shown in copy's of the Celebrity Today's we would really like your thoughts on, please;

Walk Around the World Wine Tour in Cellar Masters

Wine Connoisseurs' Dinner in Tuscan Grill

Premium Wine Tasting in Blu

Riedel Comparative Crystal Workshop also in Blu

We already have the Premium all inclusive worry free beverage package:D are the wines offered at these events worth the cost?

The walk around the world wine tour, for $20, was well worth it. They had 5-6 stations with 2-3 wines per station. Some wines were just OK, and some were very good.

I did the Riedel workshop without buying the glasses. Cost about $15. Excellent. I wouldn't buy the glasses as carting/shipping would a pain.

I participated in a Premium wine tasting on Summit a few years ago. Cost was $40. Supposed to have $110-120 wines to taste. I was not impressed. Only wine that I really liked was a Super Tuscan, but it was certainly not worth $100 if I had purchased it in the dining room.

Darcie & Mike,

We have the Premium pkg, Are the wines sampled, ones that would be in this price point, above, or only offered by the bottle? We found our everyday red, Black Opal, a South Eastern Australian Shiraz, while doing a tasting on the Mariner in 2007. That was the start of our mid-life wine education:D now I am also becoming a fan of Stouts & Porters, and looking forward to seeing what Michaels has to offer too!

We attended the premium wine tasting in Blu aboard the reflection, but I don't recall the cost.

I DO NOT think the wine tastings are covered by a beverage package though. I can't guarantee that, but we did something similar at the Molecular bar once and it was not covered.

We enjoyed tasting a nice selection of wines, and even ordered a bottle at dinner that night.

(probably the desired outcome from the cruise line).

What's the cost of these events?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Forums mobile app

There is an insert that is in the daily with the cost info that

I don't have. Wine-0 listed some prices in post #18. The Walk around the World that seems to be the favorite so far is on Sunday, our 1st sea day at 2:00, he said it was $20, which is not bad, pkg or not.

I love the wine tastings especially the Walk around the World wine tour. It's a great value for $20 and I have sampled some excellent wines in the past. On my most recent sailing on the Silhouette earlier this year a second one was offered with some Old world wines which took place outdoors at the Lawn club as we were pulling into Puerto Rico. I did not partake in that particular tasting but if I ever see it offered again, I will try that as well.

There is an insert that is in the daily with the cost info that

I don't have. Wine-0 listed some prices in post #18. The Walk around the World that seems to be the favorite so far is on Sunday, our 1st sea day at 2:00, he said it was $20, which is not bad, pkg or not.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived