Oceania Drink Prices (deciding on a package)

corpkid

FYI I spoke to Oceania special services division today. Perrier Jouet is included in the Prestige liquor package.

I am surprised that one has to guess what wines are included/excluded. Why would they not provide a list?

We have selected the Prestige Package for our trip in Sept. We just accepted an upsell to Penthouse so now I am not sure that it will be worthwhile for us.

I may be wrong but I don't believe a PH on any of the ships gets the liquor set-up in the suite. So if I am correct, if you thought the package was a good deal for you in a lower suite, it still is.

My information is that Owners, Vista and Oceania suites on Marina/Riviera get the liquor set-up but on the "R" ships it is only the Owners and Vista suites that do.

Correct me if I am wrong please!

Mura

I may be wrong but I don't believe a PH on any of the ships gets the liquor set-up in the suite. So if I am correct, if you thought the package was a good deal for you in a lower suite, it still is.

My information is that Owners, Vista and Oceania suites on Marina/Riviera get the liquor set-up but on the "R" ships it is only the Owners and Vista suites that do.

Correct me if I am wrong please!

Mura

Thanks, Myra! In that case it does make sense to get the drinks package.

Thanks, Myra! In that case it does make sense to get the drinks package.

And now you can have your butler deliver drinks to your room as long as the bars are open. In a lower cat , room service would deliver but it can take quite a while. Congrats on upsell.

Thanks Mims and Markie for the info on Perrier Jouet! We are struggling with the prestige package due to the lack of familiar white wines we like. Perrier Jouet could be the deal enhancer for me! Our trip is July 29 on Marina.

Some of you may know that many wineries and distillers have a second label where they sell the same product way cheaper in a different bottle.

Had to smile on the $34 a bottle for Johnny Walker red label. If you look carefully at some Longs or thrifty drug stores, you might come across a whiskey brand called" Scorsby" sold in the sidewalk sipping size of 1.75 ltrs for about $19.. It is the second label of Johnny .....RED

Those fond of Petrus at $200 to 300 a 5th can pick it up as Chateau Dominus in Napa/Sonoma for $35 Same with Caymus... not $100 a bottle but $35 a gallon as Liberty School...... And the list goes on.... as the smoke and mirrors of the business grind on

Some of you may know that many wineries and distillers have a second label where they sell the same product way cheaper in a different bottle.

Had to smile on the $34 a bottle for Johnny Walker red label. If you look carefully at some Longs or thrifty drug stores, you might come across a whiskey brand called" Scorsby" sold in the sidewalk sipping size of 1.75 ltrs for about $19.. It is the second label of Johnny .....RED

Scoresby "Very Rare" scotch is from Diageo (as is so much of it all) and so is Johnny Walker. It may or may not come from their vats but it is only a 3 year old whisky. Perhaps it is so very rare because of the price.

Hubby always buys a bottle of Scotch at the last duty free. They usually have something he will enjoy on sale. I used to buy some stuff but rarely drank it so now I don't bother.

Mo

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We are cruising newbies - can you actually take your own wine/spirits on to the ship? I thought the cruiselines prohibited it on the basis that they want to sell you their own over-priced drinks. Can you take it on openly or do you have to sneak it on and hide it in your cabin?

We are cruising newbies - can you actually take your own wine/spirits on to the ship? I thought the cruiselines prohibited it on the basis that they want to sell you their own over-priced drinks. Can you take it on openly or do you have to sneak it on and hide it in your cabin?

Just put it in your carry-on

Wine you can take to the dining venues & pay a corkage fee

Spirits are to be consumed in your cabin only

All cruise lines are different. Some won't allow any beverages never mind alcohol. Some allow a bottle or two of wine and confiscate the rest, another you can bring all the bottles of wine you want but they charge corkage on each whether consumed in your stateroom or a dining room. Those lines do not allow other alcoholic beverages. And usually wine is only allowed to be carried on the embarkation port.

O's officially policy does allow some wine to be brought on at any port but in practice that rule is so that they retain control but it is not enforced. You will be able to bring wine or spirits aboard for consumption in your cabin. If you want to bring your wine to a dining room or bar you will be charged corkage which includes the automatic gratuity.

Archived