2 or 4 day cruise?

ricethief

Hi a friend and I a looking a booking a cruise for the first time, namely a short one to see what its like. We have narrowed it down to either a 2 day cruise on the Sea Princess from Sydney to Brisbane or a 4 day cruise from Sydney to Melbourne on the Dawn Princess.

From what I have read on cruise critic they are basically identical so I guess either wouldn't matter in that case but there's mention of 2 day cruises being more of a booze cruise, would this be the case on the Sea Princess? Would the 4 day one be a better introduction to cruising? Thank you.

The first cruise I booked was for 52 nights, then decided I better do a short cruise in case I hated cruising ! So my daughter and I did the 2 night Melb to Syd on the Dawn. Was a good decision as she found out she needed prescribed medication for sea sickness. 2 days was enough to know we loved cruising (sea sick and all for her), but 4 days would probably give you a better feel for it.

Hi Sarah, yes its the one that stops in Hobart.

Thankyou everyone for the replies, so the 4 day wouldn't be anything like a booze cruise then, more like a short version of what a cruise would be like?

I'm really "surprised" ;)at the "2 day" cruise. I have never heard of that. Are they "out of the country" cruises, and not starting from the USA?

They in Australia. We have a lot of 2 day or 4 day cruises with Princess. They normally relocating their ships between Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane and they make them available. Sometimes they quite pricey but I'm on the November cruise, booked it months ago at a fairly reasonable price.

I'm another vote for the 4 day. In the U.S. we have shorter cruises of 3-5 days. DW and I have opted for almost nothing less than 10 days. Why bring all your stuff only to have to repack it the next night (though I suppose you can just bring a backpack with thong ;) and t-shirts).

Whichever you decide to do I hope you enjoy it. DW introduced me to cruising and though I didn't think I'd like it....I absolutely love it!

We'd suggest the four day cruise as well.

When we take a 7 day cruise (our shortest) we find it usually takes 2 days to unwind from the stress of everyday life and shift gears. About the 3rd day we wake up, relaxed, and ready to just enjoy the experience of the day. If we've really pushed ourselves at work so that we would finish things before vacation, we usually end up napping (sleeping) away most of the embarkation and first day of the cruise.

Also with a 2 day (actually 2 night) cruise it wouldn't even make sense to me to unpack. 2 days might be like going to the Great Barrier Reef, and taking a 1 hour glass bottom boat tour, and saying "oh that was nice". 4 days allows you to get wet and see what it is really like. ;)

If you had bothered reading the few previous posts, you would know that these are in Australia.

WOW that was rude. Not everyone reads EVERY post.

BTW I vote the 4 day. With the 2 day you really only get one full day on the ship. Not long enough. Agree with Princes points.

Plus from what I've seen the price differences aren't huge. I have been looking at these for my daughter who wants to see how her children will go on a cruise but the 4 day ones aren't that much cheaper than the 7 day ones as the longer ones often have discounts.

I don't think it was rude. Beshears has not bothered reading 3 posts. How can anyone respond to something they haven't read???

Obviously not well.

OP has decided on the 4 day... Good choice!

For what it's worth~~~I thought it was rude too. :eek:

Pat

Archived