Ocean View Aint That Bad

zales

Just came off Infinity with an Ocean View Stateroom. Coming from a string of balconies, I was dreading having an Ocean View, but with the Fjords and the weather being unpredictable and cold, I didn't want to take a chance. Being on Deck 2, I was almost eye level with the sea which was pretty cool:cool: and there was a place for storage by the window where I was able to fit in, like it was a balcony:p

We had managed to get one of the new oceanview staterooms on deck 3 on our upcoming cruise on Infinity and we were really looking forward to it.

However there were some huge price drops and the cost to upgrade to concierge guarantee was so little that it would have been silly not to do so.

We're pleased with our upgrade but kind of disappointed as this is the second attempt at trying out one of those oceanviews.

Maybe we'll just have to book another cruise and try again:)

We had managed to get one of the new oceanview staterooms on deck 3 on our upcoming cruise on Infinity and we were really looking forward to it.

However there were some huge price drops and the cost to upgrade to concierge guarantee was so little that it would have been silly not to do so.

We're pleased with our upgrade but kind of disappointed as this is the second attempt at trying out one of those oceanviews.

Maybe we'll just have to book another cruise and try again:)

Hi,:) same thing happened to me too! Twice as well!;) I had booked

the new window back in November on Summit and again for my

cruise on Summit next month! Both times balconies came waaayyy

down and so I moved;)..this coming cruise there was no price

difference at all so I had to move:D...it was an even swap.

Have done the same OV cabin for upcoming Connie cruise. Am hoping to do a balcony or AQ upgrade if prices come down, but will still be more than happy with this cabin if they don't. Blu dining is a bigger factor/motivation for us than a balcony, but not at a $900 pp premium. We actually did an 18 night Asia cruise on Azamara in an OV a few years ago and didn't miss the balcony at all - and those are pretty small cabins too!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We did OV in Alaska on Princess due to the high price differential and travelling with a lot of family. Actually it was just fine and I didn't miss the balcony as much as I thought I would. Since we were traveling with a group for the first time, we spent very little time in our cabin, even less than usual. I was surprised at how well it worked out; but on Celebrity I can usually get such a great deal on a balcony that I wouldn't travel any other way.

I bet the OP did not have any noisy balcony neighbors:) Seriously, we are looking to revert to Ocean View after a string of cruises with inconsiderate neighbors on their balconies. At least fishies don't yell!

We haven't had any real bad experiences on X bit on other cruise line there some bad neighbors.

One was a cruise with many family reunions. They would carry on conversations yelling from balcony to balcony and deck to deck and it was all day and night.

Another time the husband was a smoker and he would sit on the balcony smoking, have the door open and while facing the railing carry on a conversation with his wife. Besides having to put up with the smoke there was his yelling and hacking.

Another was a baby that constantly cried. I think they left the kid on the balcony while they went off playing.

Then there was the child "prodigy" that had to practice their trumpet on the balcony in the AM and PM.

Problem is as others have posted the cost for a balcony many times is not that much different or sometimes the same.

We've only done 2 other cruises (RCI and NCL) and both times felt an inside was fine. In sep will be in an OV on the infinity so good to hear it was comparable to a balcony. We only went for OV to the the drinks package tbh!

Ha Ha, that was my second reason, lol:rolleyes:

Yup, we've sworn to try Summit's 3112 OV on this year's final Bermuda itinerary. This will be our first OV (or Inside for that matter).

Prices continue to decline so much on nearly all cabins that we're now looking only at percentage differentials rather than raw dollar amounts - otherwise we'd be back to Aqua or SS and never get the chance to try one of the "new" OV cabins.

Please Celebrity, stop enticing us with uber-cheap cabin upgrades! ;);)

MARK

Could someone post the cabin numbers of the new M-class ocean view cabins? I used the search function but came up with nothing. I'm particularly interested in the Infinity and Millennium. Thanks!

Betsy

We haven't had any real bad experiences on X bit on other cruise line there some bad neighbors.

One was a cruise with many family reunions. They would carry on conversations yelling from balcony to balcony and deck to deck and it was all day and night.

Another time the husband was a smoker and he would sit on the balcony smoking, have the door open and while facing the railing carry on a conversation with his wife. Besides having to put up with the smoke there was his yelling and hacking.

Another was a baby that constantly cried. I think they left the kid on the balcony while they went off playing.

Then there was the child "prodigy" that had to practice their trumpet on the balcony in the AM and PM.

Problem is as others have posted the cost for a balcony many times is not that much different or sometimes the same.

Someone brought their TRUMPET!! :O

We've only done 2 other cruises (RCI and NCL) and both times felt an inside was fine. In sep will be in an OV on the infinity so good to hear it was comparable to a balcony. We only went for OV to the the drinks package tbh!

Yes, don't mind insides. But celebrity gives promotions to encourage upgrade that mean the effective cost of an oceanview is negligible.

Could someone post the cabin numbers of the new M-class ocean view cabins? I used the search function but came up with nothing. I'm particularly interested in the Infinity and Millennium. Thanks!

Betsy

Millenium cabins are 3112-3144

Betsy

Hi Betsy:)...the new oceanviews are 3112---3144.

What makes the above cabins so good? We are thinking about doing a OV when we book our next cruise,it's port intensive so I see no need for a balcony. Thanks

Pam

Hi Pam, the windows are supposed to be much larger and they

are all fairly new cabins too;)

I know quite a few folks who have stayed in them and have come

back with raves reviews:)

Archived