Sterling's on Sapphire Princess

BarbaraP

The last time we were on the Sapphire Princess, Sterling's was part of the Horizon Court area after 5PM. Does anyone know if it is still located there? Also, when was the last drydock update of the ship?

The last time we were on the Sapphire Princess, Sterling's was part of the Horizon Court area after 5PM. Does anyone know if it is still located there? Also, when was the last drydock update of the ship?

it is still there. Big refurb was Feb 2012 I believe.

John in NC

This is so timely because we're sailing on the Sapphire for the first time next month and we always look forward to eating a couple meals in the Crown Grill. But...I couldn't find it anywhere on the deck plan, so I called my TA. She told me it is the Sterling on the Sapphire but has the same food as the Crown, but...I still couldn't find it. Ahhh...obviously I was looking on the wrong deck because it is part of the Horizon buffet that simply gets converted in the evening. Not as "special" in my opinion, but we'll probably still try it at least once.

She told me it is the Sterling on the Sapphire but has the same food as the Crown,...

Not really true. You can find the menus here:

Sterling: http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/specialty_restaurants/sterling_steakhouse/index.html

Crown:

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/specialty_restaurants/crown_grill/index.html

The Crown Grill is a full two-page menu featuring both meat and seafood. Sterling has but one perfunctory non-meat dish. For us, this makes a big difference.

We went to the Sterling on the Diamond in May and the food was delicious. Yes, it's in a section of the buffet but it's closed off with dividers and the tables set like a restaurant so while not quite the ambiance, it's still there. Plus, if you happen to get a table by the window, the views are much better than the Crown Grill. I wouldn't worry about where it is. The food's good and no one from the buffet can look in or stare at you.

I've eaten twice at Sterlings on the Sapphire.......I know when you hear its in Horizon court it sounds bad...they really fix it up as a separate nice area, I thought the food was excellent

you will love the Sapphire...currently she is my favorite Princess ship

Crown grill is a "Seafood & Chop" restaurant compared to the Sterling being a "Steakhouse". There are more items on the menu in Crown Grill.

Last month on the Sapphire I asked the waitress to surprise me with the best, medium rear, steak she could think of and pair the vegies etc. with it. EXCELLENT meal. Even ordered, and got, a banana split (not on the menu) for dessert.

Theo

That's quite ironic for a ship that's currently sailing some of the most fertile waters for fishing!
Sterling's is a "steakhouse" so it shouldn't be a surprise. However, you can order off-menu so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Where the ship is sailing has nothing to do with the menu in the specialty restaurants and little to do in general with the food served onboard. Food brought onboard comes from reliable suppliers who are pre-approved and able to provide requested quantities. Often, the same suppliers are used for multiple ships and cruise lines. The chef doesn't say, "Think I'll go to the fish market and pick up a few things." The liability issue would be enormous for a start.

Sterling's is a "steakhouse" so it shouldn't be a surprise.

It's only a surprise if one goes in with the belief or understanding that Sterling and Crown Grill are "the same". This does seem to be a common misconception as evidenced by the information that socialworker got from a TA.

Archived