Captain's Circle Ruby

goinsoon

• 1 month later...

Have tried to get a satisfactory answer but have failed with Princess. We have taken 3-12 Day cruises and have been greatly satisfied with Princess. Their loyalty rewards program does not reward you justly. If someone took five 3-day cruises they would be higher than Ruby and have cruised far less than we have. Elite status should be at 36 days not 50 or five cruises that may be shorter. We have demonstrated more commitment and spent more. So who is more l:confused:yal??

Have tried to get a satisfactory answer but have failed with Princess. We have taken 3-12 Day cruises and have been greatly satisfied with Princess. Their loyalty rewards program does not reward you justly. If someone took five 3-day cruises they would be higher than Ruby and have cruised far less than we have. Elite status should be at 36 days not 50 or five cruises that may be shorter. We have demonstrated more commitment and spent more. So who is more l:confused:yal??

There have been a lot of discussions about this. The bottom line is that Princess probably does not care what is fair; they care about selling more cruises. You can also say that someone sailing in a cheap discount inside cabin should not get the same credit as someone who pays full price for a mini-suite – but they do.

The fairest way would be to base elite standing on total amount spent on the cabin cost and onboard spending, but that is not likely to happen. The current scheme reward everyone regardless if they book a lot of short cruises or a few long ones.

It is about motivating people to try to achieve the next level, not making it 100% fair for everyone (unfortunately). Princess is in business to make money and sell cruises.

Princess is in business to make money and sell cruises.

And, really, what's the only actual added benefit of Ruby over Gold?

A free upgrade to Platinum protection. Whatever revenue they might lose on that is probably more than offset by encouraging pax to buy Princess' insurance rather than that of an outside agency. I know that we didn't spring for the Princess policy until we got the upgrade thrown in for free.

Oh, and you get 10% off a DVD. Big whoop.

And, really, what's the only actual added benefit of Ruby over Gold?

A free upgrade to Platinum protection. Whatever revenue they might lose on that is probably more than offset by encouraging pax to buy Princess' insurance rather than that of an outside agency. I know that we didn't spring for the Princess policy until we got the upgrade thrown in for free.

Oh, and you get 10% off a DVD. Big whoop.

In the UK we do not even get the Platinum protection upgrade. I do not see any advantage of Ruby.

Well, excuse me for stating the obvious, but this isn't a competition. Unless you're making it one. Which is silly and pointless. We earn the credits we earn by the choices we made when booking, choices which one hopes are based on considerations far more important than earning Captain Circle status. Presumably no one tied you down and forced you to take three 12-day cruises instead of five 3-day ones? If so, you poor thing . . . and please give that person my phone number.

We have taken 3-12 Day cruises and have been greatly satisfied with Princess.

And someone booking two 7-days in a suite will get 4 cruise credits and be satisfied too. Problem? :D

So who is more l:confused:yal??

Perhaps that suite passenger is; they never see a fare drop and thus are subsidizing other passengers' upgrades.

PERHAPS the path to True Cruise Happiness does not lie in worrying how the next guy got their loyalty level... It's really between them and Princess, isn't it?

Go up on deck, gaze at the distant horizon and breathe the salt air! :)

Sent using Tapatalk 2 'cause it works on iOS 7 :D

How about this:

Gold = first timers

Ruby = 2-5th cruise

Emerald = 6-10th cruise

Sapphire = 11-15th cruise

Diamond = 15-20th cruise

_______ = 20th cruise +

The "Elite" name does sound too snooty. I wonder if Princess is working on a whole new tier level and new names?

Confused:confused:... Princess web site says the following...Ruby Member Benefits...from your 4th-5th cruise or 31-50 cruise days. I've had only one cruise in May with princess but am taking a 4 day coastal next week. Princess emails me that I need one more cruise to become Ruby. Can someone explain the Princess site that says 4th - 5th cruise when I read above Ruby = 2-5th cruise. Did I miss something?

Tom:)

Confused:confused:... Princess web site says the following...Ruby Member Benefits...from your 4th-5th cruise or 31-50 cruise days. I've had only one cruise in May with princess but am taking a 4 day coastal next week. Princess emails me that I need one more cruise to become Ruby. Can someone explain the Princess site that says 4th - 5th cruise when I read above Ruby = 2-5th cruise. Did I miss something?

I explained it to you the last time you posted this. Since you cruise solo, you earn two credits for each cruise. So, May 2013 = 2 credit. Upcoming four-day cruise = 2 additional credits, thus after completion of that cruise, you will have four total credits, giving you Ruby status.

As for the "above" that you quoted, it was wrong. Just some other poster ruminating on what they thought the program rules should be, not what they actually are.

I'm going to be at the Ruby level after my cruise this week. Princess web site says the following.."when you purchase Princess Vacation Protection at the standard rate, Princess will purchase an upgrade to Princess Platinum Vacation Protection automatically on your behalf". I have standard insurance purchased for my Holiday cruise on the Grand in December and for my Panama Canal cruise next year in September. When I reach Ruby this week will I automatically be upgraded or do I need to contact my T/A?

I'm going to be at the Ruby level after my cruise this week. Princess web site says the following.."when you purchase Princess Vacation Protection at the standard rate, Princess will purchase an upgrade to Princess Platinum Vacation Protection automatically on your behalf". I have standard insurance purchased for my Holiday cruise on the Grand in December and for my Panama Canal cruise next year in September. When I reach Ruby this week will I automatically be upgraded or do I need to contact my T/A?

You should automatically be upgraded but I would call TA just to verify. We purchased the Platinum Protection and when the new level came out, they automatically reduced our insurance amount by the difference.

• 1 month later...