Our Azamazing cruise July 14-24, 2013 onboard the Quest

lkmamom

I would like to thank from the bottom of my heart the help pre-cruise from Host Andy, and Mr Leiber for the answers to my questions. We had cruised on the Journey before, and it was wonderful but the Quest exceeded all of our expectations.

Have you ever had the perfect cruise? After fifteen cruises on various lines and two previous Azamara cruises, this one could not have been better in any way for my husband and I. I realize opinions are very personal, but honestly, if someone had a complaint, it had to be a very specific detail. Choice Air went without a problem for us. I know there was at least one fellow cruiser that had an issue, but for us, it went fine.The ship was in stellar condition and just beautiful. Our cabin, 6031 was just perfect. Comfortable bedding, quiet, and the perfect location for all of our travels onboard. Our room stewards were just wonderful. I admit, I cannot help it, I am a cleanaholic, and our stateroom was cleaned to perfection several times a day.

The staff, I cannot believe how fortunate Azamara is to have such a great staff that works together as family. Captain Stig was very visible onboard, and also quite approachable answering all questions, and bidding a good day to all that spoke to him. Russ, the cruise director is just azamazing. Not only a very talented performer, but a very kind and caring man who truly wants everyone to have a great cruise. The man worked tirelessly and was never without a warm smile. We especially appreciated his Sunday Church service, just beautiful. I cannot mention everyone individually, but what touched us so much were the "welcome homes" we received after coming back to the ship from our travels.It meant a lot.

The ports were wonderful, and Mr Pimentel,if you are listening.....PLEASE do this sailing again. We would repeat it in a heartbeat. The Azamazing event in Belfast was so so enjoyable. We felt like royalty walking up the red carpet at the entrance to the Titanic Museum, and the very wonderful dinner and wine served, and as if that were not enough, the entertainment was just out of this world. The fine touches that impressed me were the special treatment given to those who had walking issues. Azamara made sure that those travelers with issues were taken care of. Not every cruise line would be that considerate.

All of our shore excursions in every port were per Azamara, and we were both so glad we did that. Every single excursion was comfortable, expertly lead, and enjoyable, as I can clearly prove by the over 600 pictures my husband and I took together:eek:

I don't think we have ever been on a cruise with such a wonderful group of fellow passengers. I did not hear one gripe or complaint, and we could not have hand picked a better group of people to enjoy vacation with. We both made so many new friendships with people from all over the world.

The food, though very personal as well was outstanding. There is always a night or two on previous cruises that we have said nothing really appeals. Well, my hips and thighs with tell you that the food was excellent. Not being a connoisseur of fine wines or liquors, the wines served onboard were just delicious to both of us. We enjoyed them very much.Our waiters Chris and Salvatore were from start to finish like family to us. They were both just wonderful young men. In fact, I am sure they both had a great laugh on me. One night I asked what they suggested for dessert and they said oh have the baked Alaska. Oh my gosh. I have never seen anything like it. It was delicious. I won't say more....just have the baked Alaska:p The last evening, they brought a beautifully decorated birthday cake and a song. It was very special, thank you.........

If there were just one wish I could make it would be to have a few more washers and dryers. Although, to have the ability to do self service laundry with detergent provided is an enormous plus. So many good times and friendships made while waiting for laundry to finish. And we all had sweaty clothes from the unusually warm weather in that part of the world. Of course, I packed all the wrong things:eek:

I am so sorry this is so long. I miss the cruise staff already, and it has only been a couple of days back home.

Thank you Azamara for making our cruise such a dream. We made so many wonderful memories together on this cruise. And now, to plan the next one, and go back "home"

Linda

I ditto Lindas sentiments. I will never be cruising those 2,000 plus passengers cruiseline again. The personal touch was too important and you just get lost with the masses with anything larger!

Thankyou Azamara!!!:D

Thanks for posting your review, it sounds as though you had a wonderful trip.

I am so glad you enjoyed the Azamazing evening at the Titanic museum in Belfast. The weather that evening was glorious, and I was envious as I watched you all entering the museum having had your photographs taken with the Captain

Linda, I am so glad you had such a wonderful cruise and gratified that the UK served up some special weather for you.

We too think the Quest is beyond fantastic and can't wait to board her again in October.

Linda, Thank you for your wonderful review of our favourite ship. We are so glad you had such a wonderful time. We are on Journey at the end of August and are looking at future itineraries for our next cruise on Quest. We really enjoyed Russ's Sunday service too on our Quest cruise in January.

Hi Linda, What a great time we had on board with you, Larry and the 500 or so other passengers. The weather was truly amazing! the staff was great! When I return to the USA I will write my review! You and Larry should come to Asia with us in March aboard the Journey.

Kathy

It makes me happy to read your trip report. We're on the Quest for the first time this December and something tells me we've just given ourselves the best Christmas present ever. Thanks, Linda, for writing! And if you want to show off any of your photos, I'd love to see them. :)

Hello Ikmamom -

Welcome home! Thank you for sharing your very positive experience onboard the Azamara Quest.

As an antidote for any "post-traumatic blahs" that you may be experiencing as a result of no longer being aboard the Azamara Quest, I suggest that you view 100 photos each day, for the next six days, so that you can transition to being in the real-world.

We look forward to welcoming you onboard again!

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thanks everyone;) Oh lahlah, I wish I could have met you. I never did get to catch up with our trusty leader LOP:D Of course, he and his dear wife are enjoying the second part of their cruise. We met NC&KY quite by accident when we went to Lubeck. Just loved both of them, and hope to stay in touch!

Kathy, it was such a pleasure to meet you and Matt. I hope you both enjoyed Berlin! Have fun in Asia! We have plans in March or we would love to join you. Definitely another Azamara cruise though. I was telling someone as we disembarked we need to have a reunion cruise:D

Thanks to the UK for providing beautifully blue and sunny skies for ten days. Not a drop of rain touched my head. I wish though I would have brought less cold weather clothing.Can you believe it is cooler here at home than it was all week in the UK haha.We were told many times it was very unusual. As I said......perfect cruise!

My wish for all of you that are traveling with Azamara for the first time that you enjoy your cruise as much as we did. I am sure you will! And now, back to laundry ugh...........

It sounds like you had a fantastic time on wonderful Quest. There is no other crew to match them. Isn't she just such a special little ship? I can't wait to be back onboard in October and I just wish that Russ would have been our CD but alas.....not this time.

Am about to put our deposit down on a B2B next April on the Quest --- this will be our first with Azamara so had some "concerns" about the line and general overall experience of those who have sailed with the line/ship before. We have an accessible cabin (6056) so wonder if anyone could tell me more about how the tendering was done for folks with small scooters. Thanks SO MUCH, in advance.

IKMA....wanted to meet you guys too but the letter for the cruise critic M&M was wrong and when I noticed it....it was too late!

The ship coordinator made it up to us for our loss of the party by setting us up in the 1st class seating upstairs in the azamazing Titanic evening! Was that ever a WOW factor!!! My only loss on the trip was not meeting all my shipmates but what a time we had!

Am about to put our deposit down on a B2B next April on the Quest --- this will be our first with Azamara so had some "concerns" about the line and general overall experience of those who have sailed with the line/ship before. We have an accessible cabin (6056) so wonder if anyone could tell me more about how the tendering was done for folks with small scooters. Thanks SO MUCH, in advance.

Hi HamburgAvonLady:

I am looking forward to our first Quest cruise in November. I was on the Journey last year and I believe it was my favorite cruise ( we have taken over 30 cruises).

We are almost neighbors, I live in Williamsville. If you have any questions about Azamara you can reach me at cruiztime at yahoo dot com.

You will love Azamara!

Marion

Hi Linda

Thanks for posting. We'll be in cabin 6031 when we cruise with Azamara for the first time in November. That's the first reference I've seen to that cabin, and was glad to see that it was quiet and convenient!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I know what you mean btke. I researched everywhere and there was nothing! We had originally had an ocean view cabin. We thought the weather would be cool or even rainy, so we did not think we would need a balcony. About a week before our cruise I called to confirm a few things and was told we were upgraded! We had planned this cruise for over a year so we were so excited. For more about your cabin.....it is the same layout as the other veranda cabins, but what we liked was the wall partitioning our balcony and the lifeboats. It was very private and very quiet! We were a few steps from the elevator and stairs. I would choose this cabin in a heartbeat, it was perfect for us! Enjoy your cruise!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks everyone;) Oh lahlah, I wish I could have met you. I never did get to catch up with our trusty leader LOP:D Of course, he and his dear wife are enjoying the second part of their cruise.

My wish for all of you that are traveling with Azamara for the first time that you enjoy your cruise as much as we did. I am sure you will! And now, back to laundry ugh...........

It was a GREAT cruise and the following one was even better if that is at all possible.

We enjoyed meeting everyone, but this cruise was very port intensive and we went full throttle at each port.

The titanic event was fantastic I must agree and we appreciate the ship waiting on us to return...we were on the last bus and were the last to board due to meeting some local ladies that worked at the museum and who rode the bus back with us...non-stop laughter to say the least and we apologize to those few on the bus that had to endure the spectacle.;)

Oh LOP,this is truly weird.......I was just thinking about you today and how I feel so bad that we missed meeting you and your lovely wife. I was listening to Pandora and I have the Irish music station and was thinking about the cruise. I do it so often :) I don't know how the one following was any better lol. We had such a great time. Larry was saying to me yesterday, is'nt it just the worst feeling to leave the ship on the last day after having such a great time, and know that you have that loooonnnnng plane flight home. It was, but if I could repeat the time we had again, I would do it in a heartbeat. Hope we get to cruise with you again sometime!!

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

Archived