Upgrade/Upsale x2

Lauranne

Last week while we were in Europe I received an email offering an upsale to a SA suite from a B. Due to the time difference and the price offered I decided not to pursue the offer.

Well what do you know....this morning I once again received an email with the same offer but a better price. We decided to go for it. Yeah! Although I keep thinking that if I waited another week perhaps the price would even be better or free! ;)

Last week while we were in Europe I received an email offering an upsale to a SA suite from a B. Due to the time difference and the price offered I decided not to pursue the offer.

Well what do you know....this morning I once again received an email with the same offer but a better price. We decided to go for it. Yeah! Although I keep thinking that if I waited another week perhaps the price would even be better or free! ;)

I think you chose wisely - doubtful it would go around again;)

Congrats on the nice upsell:D

We will see. DH's parents also received both offers and choose not to take the offers as friends are 2 staterooms away and they would like to be close. We will see if they receive a third!

I'm amazed at how many SA's come up for upgrades and upsells. They used to be one of the first categories booked.

I too am surprised. I would have thought that those who booked SB would be offered SA and those of us below that category would then be offered SB. I really don't understand how this works. :cool:

We will see. DH's parents also received both offers and choose not to take the offers as friends are 2 staterooms away and they would like to be close. We will see if they receive a third!

Let us know. That will be interesting.

I'm amazed at how many SA's come up for upgrades and upsells. They used to be one of the first categories booked.

I agree.

Congratulations' date=' Lauranne,,,,,,,,, ENJOY!!!

[/b']

Congratulations on the upsell.

I am glad you decided to take it.

The people in an SB get the same perks as those in the SA cabins -- I have a feeling that is why they chose not to go for an upsell -- probably was not worth the price to them -- I imagine some of them were offered the upsell.

I will also be curious to see if your DH's parents and/or friends are offered another upsell.

Keep us updated.

Free? Only in your dreams.

Free? Only in your dreams.

Goodness Typhoon can't a girl dream! :p

As all email communication from Holland America for DH's parents are through me I will certainly let you know if the offer improves once again. This is actually a great way to see the process that HA incorporates in upsells.

Warning -off topic.

Laurie, I like your frog, just had some fun feeding him.

Okay, back on topic.

OVgirl. I too like my frog. I am a teacher and for the last two years I have had African aquatic frogs in a tank in my classroom. Easy to keep pets.

Have a wonderful cruise....:)

Thank you! We are a family group of 12 in various types of staterooms. Interesting that only our booking and DH's parents who I booked directly with HA have received upsell offers. The rest booked with a TA and according to them nothing from the TA so far in the way of any kind of upgrade/upsell.

Thank you! We are a family group of 12 in various types of staterooms. Interesting that only our booking and DH's parents who I booked directly with HA have received upsell offers. The rest booked with a TA and according to them nothing from the TA so far in the way of any kind of upgrade/upsell.

The cruise I'm on next is the first one that I've booked directly with Hal and got two upsells on it. I think it's way more likely if you book with Hal.

This is our first cruise with HAL so I really don't have much insight. The rest of our group booked with a TA and according to the TA have not received any upsell offers from HAL. It could be that the TA hasn't passed on the offers but when my SIL contacted him after our offers he said none had been received.

This is just plain smart shopping.When the cruise line offers the deal you want, jump on it before someone else does. It is true that the Suites were the first to sell out, they rarely go on sale. If you ever wanted to try out a deluxe veranda suite, now is time. Bon Voyage!

Archived